“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Woodbridge, VA
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stay once a month and my stay is always great. The staff is always great. The rooms are really nice and enjoy my stay here. I have been coming to this hotel for 8 years on a monthly base. And I will continue to stay here, I come here because Ft. Meade. I serve in the miltary.

C. Peele

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed in the quality inn for over a month with my family.We moved from a neighborhood hotel close to the quality inn because my kids wanted a secured and more comfortable hotel. i got a good rate for my stay and also my priority was to make my wife and kids happy.I was so pleased with the hotel environment been cleaned daily by the staffs,the housekeepers were very neat in cleaning my room,the maintenance engineer i forgot his name but is a black tall guy did a great job in keeping my room facilities functional,i dont stay in a hotel for more than a week with my family for security reasons but the quality inn here in laurel proved me wrong.They were very helpful in all areas,Really hard working staffs and tireless efforts.The breakfast is great and very nice,the general manager and front desk staffs are very professional.My kids and I enjoyed the fast and free WI-FI internet,the nice beds were very comfortable and the Ac in our room was so clean and effective though looks old but never gave us any problem all through our stay.The only issue i had was just that the pool was not opened all through our stay,i would have love to have some feeling of it but above all its a good experience and I will definitely return to stay in this hotel whenever i come back to laurel but my only challenge will only be if i get a good rate to stay.

Room Tip: I will prefer staying on the second floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

NO WAY WOULD I EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL OR RECOMMEND IT TO ANYBODY ELSE! I travel quite frequently and have stayed at hotels that were not the most modern but I still had good experiences. This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel was not well maintained and smelled musty, and the rooms were not clean (one had dried urine on the toilet seat). As a matter of fact we didn't put our bags on the floor in fear that we may carry unwanted bugs along home. Our group was booked into many rooms and they were all in the same run-down and dirty condition. All of us had confirmed rooms; however, when we arrived some of us didn't get the rooms that we had reserved and had to use roll-a-way beds instead of 2 double beds.

The first full day we were at the hotel we came back to our room around 3:30 to find a police car behind us when we drive onto the hotel parking area. We thought they were just cruising the area to make sure there were no problems; however, it turned out that they were cruising the parking lot the entire 1 1/2 hours that we were in our room. We also found that housekeeping had still not been to our room. The cart was up the hall from our room, but there was no vacuum cleaner in sight. Around 4:00 the housekeeper came to the room and asked us if we wanted her to do anything. We asked for supplies for that evening, for a few clean washcloths and to make the beds. She never offered to do anything and she didn't look at the rest of the room or even emptied the trash cans.

Other members of our group had terrible experiences in the lobby with 5 women, one of whom seemed like she was drunk, and a man who was yelling profanities into his cell phone. He continued to use profanity to the desk clerk and caused a scene because his rooms weren't ready after which he joined the 5 women who were sitting in the lobby. It was later surmised that these women were prostitutes because of the way they were dressed (skimpy outfits and high heels), cars lined up in front of the hotel and many different men arriving throught the night. We were awakened about 5:00 a.m. due to a verbal altercation between 2 of these women on the floor below us.

Some young members of our group were approached by a local police officer when we went our for dinner who told them to be careful because this hotel is a known hub for prostitution. This officer also said that we should not only remain in the hotel at night, but should stay in our rooms with the doors locked.

Need I say more? I think not.

Other members of our party

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am concerned as the General Manager that someone felt this way towards our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principle goal of our hotel is to provide the best customer service possible to our guest at all times.Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that our accommodations did not meet your standard even though we were sold out the prior week for 4 days straight. I was informed by your group coordinator that our rooms were great and that my staff went the full mile to ensure every guest received special treatment. To my guest, please rest assure that each issue you have raised are being addressed and the appropriate actions are being taken. We take pride in out hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from occuring.Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed for a weekend while going to grad school in the area. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and the location was perfect for my travel purposes. The continental breakfast was also good. I would definitely stay there again in the future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
The staff and I thank you for the compliment and please let us know if we can assist you in the near future. Have a wonderful and safe holiday.
Winthrop, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

there happened to be a church group that had reserved every choice hotel in the area. that is ok, but we wished we were warned ahead of time so that we could choose another. religion is great but we were looking for quiet after a long trip going south. desk personnel were good, offered our money back, but at that time, we were tired and hungry. we did stay, it wasn't bad, but would not ever stay at a quality again. we are staying at a comfort in May coming home. we hope that is better, otherwise we are done with choice hotels. this was not our first encounter with choice.

Room Tip: don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
thompson1963, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
As the General Manager let me be the first to apologize if this was not done. I see my staff tried to make it right by offering you a refund and you declined. I will offer you a free night stay if you are ever in the area agian. Please contact me when time permits and your reservation will be made and confirmed by myself. We will ensure upon your arrival that you are placed in a quite area of the hotel. I look foward to your call sir.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a strange hotel. There is not one particular thing you can criticize, but I get an insecure vibe while visiting there. One time you may get "no heat/air conditioning," another time: "no hot water." The problems are always resolved. I've never had a negative incident outside, but the surroundings (downtown Laurel) seem "threatening;" that's silly I keep telling myself. A lot has been invested in refurbing this property. My most recent stay was in a most pleasant, fully upgraded room, generously sized, and "fully equipped." The breakfast is adequate, but nothing special. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The accommodations are clean. I've stayed at this hotel several times on business. It is convenient, and the clientele is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments because they give the staff and I a chance to try and correct the issues you found. Laurel is in a small city in Maryland and hardly nothing happens. Your most recent stay was great and this is pleasant to my ears and the staff.Let me be the first to thank you for staying here on several occasions, because this also tells me we are doing something right. Thank you and have a great summer.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at the Quality inn In Laurel, maryland on Januaey 1-2, 2013. The building is in decent shape, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. By far one of the best places to stay in Laurel. The breakfast is pretty good, and the waffle maker is magical! The front desk staff could use a but more training, but they are still friendly and keep their professionalism even when difficult customers give them a hard time, The day manager, Mr. David Wiggins was very courteous, helpful and when a problem arouse with my stay, he was quick to solve it. It is also nice to know he supports our troops by himself serving in the Army for 9 years. He was quick to show us support for upcoming deployment. I am very grateful to know there is still good customer service in this world. Cheers!

Room Tip: Check in is at three o'clock and check out is at noon. If you want an early check it make sure y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I wish to thank you and your friends for being a part of our Military forces and protecting our country. We appreciate your comments and hope that if you're ever in this area again we would be your first choice to stay.Please accept my apology for responding so late, and as the Miltary say there is no excuse but there is a reason.The staff and I are praying for you and the rest of the troops. Again thank you for your support.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!