“Very convenient to Washington DC at a great price” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12525 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Florida
“Very convenient to Washington DC at a great price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Just 20 minutes from downtown Washington DC at under $60 per night. Shopping and restaurant close by. Clean rooms recently upgraded.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
amujhaid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Good service, friendly staff. Very close to the interstate, making it a conveinent location to stay in.

Steubenville, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

whenever I'm in the DC area, I stay at this Red Roof Inn. The rooms are very clean and the staff is always accommodating.

Long Island NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

We ended up at this motel after we booked a room at another motel that gave our room away. We had to speak to the front desk person through a bullet proof window!! We got our room keys and proceeded to our rooms. We opened one of our rooms and it was occupied by someone else already!!!!!! Luckily for them and us that person hadnt been in the room when we opened the door. We immediately shut the door and tried our second room. It hadnt been occupied but it smelled like pets. Now pets are allowed in this hotel but they dont really clean up after them. There was no mattress cover on the mattress only a very thin sheet. Not enough towels and the rug was dirty and smelly as well as the bed linens. My husband went to the front desk to tell them one of our rooms was occupied and he barely got an apology and was given another room. Upon entering this room you could smell mold, pet smells and i dont know what else. It was disgusting. There was dried vomit on the rug that hadnt been cleaned. I would never stay here again. The area was dangerous. My kids were in a separate room and had to put a chair against the door because we were all afraid someone would be given a room key for their room like we were given for someone elses!! Again, the neighborhood was horrible. There was no restaurants to go eat. I would not recommend staying in this motel with or without a family. We had no choice but to stay here. The hotel we originally booked had given away our room and there was nothing else in the area. Our only options were to go back home which was a 5 hour drive (it was 11:30pm and we had 3 kids with us) or stay in this motel. Right now the website we used to book our room will only give us a slight refund on our stay. Debating if I will ever use this website again. They dont really offer great hotel discounts since my husband booked another room for us the same week through the hotel and it was the same price that the website offered except we had no hassles.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

The worst hotel stay ever!!! As exhausted as I was at 2 am I knew there was something crawling on me. I turned the lights on and there were these little red bugs all over the bed and on the clothes that were on the floor!!! Not to forget the pillows! I guess the red bugs were to go along with the "red" roof inn theme. I felt so disgusted and terrified, this has got to be the worst stay I have ever had in my life! Not to mention the annoying construction or renovating that was going on. They need to demolish that place!!

Stayed July 2008
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

I know that this area is expensive for hotels but I think next time I will just stay in a different area or spend a little bit more.

Let's see - The only thing I liked about the place was that the bathroom looked like it was just remodeled. New fixtures and clean.

Now on to the inconveniences...
1. The staff is not friendly. I thought it might just be a few of them but it seemed like ALL were just grumpy and uninterested.

2. I had a non-smoking room but it smelled as though someone had smoked in it. Also, there was a burn mark in the cover.

3. The sheets and pillow cases had strange stains on them. Probably from washing or storage.

4. The area is a little shady. I didn't have any problems with it but I am used to a lot. Not for anyone that does not feel secure. I was there during the week and it was nice and calm. I just wonder what it is like on the weekends since occasionally I saw kids hanging about causing some noise outside.

5. There were no privacy tags to hang on the door so at 9am a cleaning woman came knocking on the door. Luckily I was already up.

6. There is no iron. Guess I should have checked in advance but I didn't even think to look.

7. The internet is expensive $9.99 per day.

so...later that week I visited the area again and I found a much better hotel near the airport for a cheaper price! My advice is, unless you really need to stay in this particular area, look for something a little father away. You will probably find a much better place.

It wasn't the worst hotel I have ever stayed in but it is really not worth the price.

• Liked — new bathroom
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Warwick, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

I was very pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Red Roof Inn. We had just travelled 7 hours and were anxious to relax. We had a small problem checking in (there was a shift-change going on so we had to wait about 10 minutes) but the wait was comfortable in their pretty lobby with free coffee. The room was nice and clean (I checked everything before settling in). The best part was the bathroom, by far. It looked like it was from a magazine -- brand new fixtures, beautiful deep maroon paint and hardwood floors! The location is good, about 2 miles from a major road with tons of restaurants and shopping areas. The hotel is right next to a bank, a gas station, and a Food Lion. We did not go out late at night, so I am not sure what the hotel area is like at that hour. It is a bit of a trek into D.C. though. It's a long ride on the beltway, but the driving time is worth the savings.
The hotel staff was nice and the room was cleaned well every day. The room was quiet at night. The TV had a few channels, some of them came in a little fuzzy. They had new movies and also video games.
All in all, my stay at this hotel was almost perfect. For the money you will save (believe me, I've looked), this is an exellent choice.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!