“Stay away! Look for a better neighborhood” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12525 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Long Beach, New York
“Stay away! Look for a better neighborhood”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'll sum this place up with four words.. Drugs, prostitutes, police and crime. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and find a better part of town to stay in.
Came here for a quick stay and I honestly wish we had just stayed somewhere else and just slept in the car. This place had prostitutes walking around with fishy guys standing in the dark just staring. STAY AWAY!!

Stayed October 2013
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We appreciate all your comments and are reviewing the security reports and any other information about what may have occurred on the property during your stay. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at the property to provide me with more information about your stay. Our guests are very important to us and it is our goal to provide a safe environment for all our guests.

Thank you once again and it is my hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The red roof inn is clean. It is basic but you get what you pay for. I never saw any bugs or cockroaches which is essential.

What really impressed me was one particular staff member whose name is Angel. She was incredible. She was kind, helpful, always cheerful. I travel ALOT and she was one of the best hotel staff members I've ever dealt with!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Angel and the rest of the staff have read your review and I can assure you that comments like yours are very encouraging as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our services.
We thank you once again and it is our hope that we can be of service to you in t he very near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is much better now than how it previously was. Prices are good for the rooms provided, the staff is friendly, & check-in was a breeze. More suited for a quick "rest stop" type hotel. I'm from this area so the atmosphere is good with restaurants, grocery & convenience stores nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. It is gratifying to know that you had a good stay with us. Please come back again! We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Red Roof has a few things that I was willing to overlook (such as a cracked bath tub, stain on the tub, blanket with burn holes in it) but after my experience I have to include them. Here are my additional, main complaints:

(1) When I checked in, there was an added charge to my bill for a safe which no one mentioned when I made the reservation; very deceptive. Don’t forget to have it removed when you check out.

(2) When I went to my room the smell of cigarette smoke was extremely strong. I called the front desk and was told that my room was a smoke free room. I was offered another room but refused at that time because (a) I had only enough time to freshen up to attend a meeting; and (b) I thought that the problem was temporary and the smoke would evaporate by the time I returned. I returned approximately 6 hours later and when I opened the door the smoke was even stronger than before (even though the air conditioning was on full blast). I called the front desk again to complain and was not offered another room this time but told that some sort of a machine would be placed in the room to monitor/eliminate the smell. I asked if the machine could be placed in the room while I was there and was told it could not be done because there was no access to the machine at that time; the machine would be placed in my room AFTER I checked out (which was very unfair [and I do NOT believe that the machine would actually be placed in the room]). I went to bed with the air conditioning on high and every blanket/sheet on the bed over my head. Needless to say, when I returned home I had to wash/clean my clothing - everything reeked of smoke as though I were in a bar! The hotel has “100 percent smoke free” signs which is a big joke! They are promising something that they are not delivering!

(3) When I checked out the computer was allegedly not working. I reminded the receptionist that I did not use the safe and asked that the fee charged for such safe be returned to my credit card, which I was reassured that it would be. Two days later the money was not put back on my card and I had to call again, to which I was told that it was an error and the money would go back to my card, for the second time.

Even though the price of this room was decent (especially with my AAA), it was not worth it, especially for non-smokers. There are other facilities in the area. Knights Inn has received the same rating as this Red Roof and I see that they are under new management. They may be better. Leave this Red Roof in your rearview mirror!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations.
When guests bring problems to our attention we listen and attempt to solve them.
Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention and I hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.
Laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was welcomed by a happy and friendly staff member named Katherine on my very first stay at this location. After my initial check out I returned and have to give "All" employees a good report for "World Class service."
Needless to say I would not stay any where else while on business in this area.

Room Tip: First floor with parking just outside of room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment to Katherine and the rest of the staff. Your comments tell us what we are doing right and we're determined to continue in our efforts to provide our guests with nice, clean, reasonably priced rooms and the best possible customer service. Your feedback also lets other travelers know that they can expect to have great stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.

Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came here for early check in at 10 AM expecting to get some work done with the free wifi...wifi goes out after I enter my room...front desk tells me 4 minutes (ok fine) to 1 hour (not cool)....still no wifi so I go to front desk and I'm told 4 hours til the wifi is back up (COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, especially when you advertise your free wifi and phone calls)...to top it off, I can't even get a refund, and to talk to the "manager", the Ellen A who responds here, she is unavailable...apparently the phone number on her card that I got from the front desk just calls the front desk....

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry about the problem you experienced with the Wi-Fi being down for about an hour. A technician had arrived soon after your check in to make some adjustments on the system and the Front Desk Representative was unable to call all the rooms to notify them of this disruption in service before the service was resumed.
I thank you for staying with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were looking for a nice, clean and safe place a few days and we found it . The location was great. The price was excellent and the Staff was outstanding. Indie was wonderful and Myron was great. They were very helpful, pleasant. We look forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your comments are very much appreciated by all of us as they encourage us in our efforts to provide nice, clean rooms at a reasonable price. Your comments also help other travelers immensely when they make their travel plans.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!