“Newly Remodeled” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12525 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
“Newly Remodeled”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is much better now than how it previously was. Prices are good for the rooms provided, the staff is friendly, & check-in was a breeze. More suited for a quick "rest stop" type hotel. I'm from this area so the atmosphere is good with restaurants, grocery & convenience stores nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. It is gratifying to know that you had a good stay with us. Please come back again! We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Red Roof has a few things that I was willing to overlook (such as a cracked bath tub, stain on the tub, blanket with burn holes in it) but after my experience I have to include them. Here are my additional, main complaints:

(1) When I checked in, there was an added charge to my bill for a safe which no one mentioned when I made the reservation; very deceptive. Don’t forget to have it removed when you check out.

(2) When I went to my room the smell of cigarette smoke was extremely strong. I called the front desk and was told that my room was a smoke free room. I was offered another room but refused at that time because (a) I had only enough time to freshen up to attend a meeting; and (b) I thought that the problem was temporary and the smoke would evaporate by the time I returned. I returned approximately 6 hours later and when I opened the door the smoke was even stronger than before (even though the air conditioning was on full blast). I called the front desk again to complain and was not offered another room this time but told that some sort of a machine would be placed in the room to monitor/eliminate the smell. I asked if the machine could be placed in the room while I was there and was told it could not be done because there was no access to the machine at that time; the machine would be placed in my room AFTER I checked out (which was very unfair [and I do NOT believe that the machine would actually be placed in the room]). I went to bed with the air conditioning on high and every blanket/sheet on the bed over my head. Needless to say, when I returned home I had to wash/clean my clothing - everything reeked of smoke as though I were in a bar! The hotel has “100 percent smoke free” signs which is a big joke! They are promising something that they are not delivering!

(3) When I checked out the computer was allegedly not working. I reminded the receptionist that I did not use the safe and asked that the fee charged for such safe be returned to my credit card, which I was reassured that it would be. Two days later the money was not put back on my card and I had to call again, to which I was told that it was an error and the money would go back to my card, for the second time.

Even though the price of this room was decent (especially with my AAA), it was not worth it, especially for non-smokers. There are other facilities in the area. Knights Inn has received the same rating as this Red Roof and I see that they are under new management. They may be better. Leave this Red Roof in your rearview mirror!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations.
When guests bring problems to our attention we listen and attempt to solve them.
Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention and I hope you will afford us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.
Laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was welcomed by a happy and friendly staff member named Katherine on my very first stay at this location. After my initial check out I returned and have to give "All" employees a good report for "World Class service."
Needless to say I would not stay any where else while on business in this area.

Room Tip: First floor with parking just outside of room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment to Katherine and the rest of the staff. Your comments tell us what we are doing right and we're determined to continue in our efforts to provide our guests with nice, clean, reasonably priced rooms and the best possible customer service. Your feedback also lets other travelers know that they can expect to have great stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.

Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came here for early check in at 10 AM expecting to get some work done with the free wifi...wifi goes out after I enter my room...front desk tells me 4 minutes (ok fine) to 1 hour (not cool)....still no wifi so I go to front desk and I'm told 4 hours til the wifi is back up (COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, especially when you advertise your free wifi and phone calls)...to top it off, I can't even get a refund, and to talk to the "manager", the Ellen A who responds here, she is unavailable...apparently the phone number on her card that I got from the front desk just calls the front desk....

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry about the problem you experienced with the Wi-Fi being down for about an hour. A technician had arrived soon after your check in to make some adjustments on the system and the Front Desk Representative was unable to call all the rooms to notify them of this disruption in service before the service was resumed.
I thank you for staying with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were looking for a nice, clean and safe place a few days and we found it . The location was great. The price was excellent and the Staff was outstanding. Indie was wonderful and Myron was great. They were very helpful, pleasant. We look forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your comments are very much appreciated by all of us as they encourage us in our efforts to provide nice, clean rooms at a reasonable price. Your comments also help other travelers immensely when they make their travel plans.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Mechanicville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son and I were in Maryland for a Baseball tournament. We were staying at a Red Roof Inn in Laurel. I made the reservation 1 week in advance and read all the reviews on that location before I finalized my trip. At 12:30am I was awakened by loud bangs on my door with a voice telling me to open my door. I called the front desk to tell them and they said they would take care of it. 1/2 hour later the same thing happened but this time the door was being opened and the only thing that kept the door from completely opening was the swinging lock on the inside. I then called the front desk to tell them to call the police. The front desk person told me they were the police. I asked for ID before opening the door and 6 officers with guns drawn entered my room and stated they just arrested the person next door for selling drugs and conducting prostitution and they had a report that my room #was involved as well. As the officers searched, they realized it was a false report and the lead officer, the only one that talked and not have his gun pointed at me or my son, told me that this hotel is known in the area for its drug and prostitution activity and they are always there arresting someone. He also told me to get out of there as quickly as possible. I did just that. I left the hotel room, went to the front desk and needed to fight with the night clerk to get my money back and left. We got no sleep, cut our trip short by 1 day, and neither of us can get the vision of guns pointed at us out of our minds. My 16yo is still frantic and I feel like something was taken away from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm very sorry about what happened during your stay. It was truly an unfortunate incident and not at all usual. This was supposedly an undercover police operation meant to combat some of the issues you mentioned. We had no knowledge of it and would have by all means provided the necessary information to the Police had we been asked or notified.
I'd like to apologize to you and your son once again and hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
severn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The customer service I received from the guest service representative named Indie at this location was excellent. Every time I visited the area, she was a pleasure to be in the presence of. She greeted me with a great big smile and offered her assistance above and beyond her call of duty. We need more people like this with quality customer service to handle customers when they come into an establishment. She demonstrated what it means to really make the customer feel comfortable and satisfied!!! Keep up the Great Work! You deserve the recognition!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the wonderful customer service you received during your last stay with us. Indie and the other Front Desk Representatives read your comments and are all very encouraged to continue providing better customer service and hospitality each and every time to each guest that walks in the door.

We appreciate your patronage and thank you once again. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!