This Red Roof has a few things that I was willing to overlook (such as a cracked bath tub, stain on the tub, blanket with burn holes in it) but after my experience I have to include them. Here are my additional, main complaints:
(1) When I checked in, there was an added charge to my bill for a safe which no one mentioned when I made the reservation; very deceptive. Don’t forget to have it removed when you check out.
(2) When I went to my room the smell of cigarette smoke was extremely strong. I called the front desk and was told that my room was a smoke free room. I was offered another room but refused at that time because (a) I had only enough time to freshen up to attend a meeting; and (b) I thought that the problem was temporary and the smoke would evaporate by the time I returned. I returned approximately 6 hours later and when I opened the door the smoke was even stronger than before (even though the air conditioning was on full blast). I called the front desk again to complain and was not offered another room this time but told that some sort of a machine would be placed in the room to monitor/eliminate the smell. I asked if the machine could be placed in the room while I was there and was told it could not be done because there was no access to the machine at that time; the machine would be placed in my room AFTER I checked out (which was very unfair [and I do NOT believe that the machine would actually be placed in the room]). I went to bed with the air conditioning on high and every blanket/sheet on the bed over my head. Needless to say, when I returned home I had to wash/clean my clothing - everything reeked of smoke as though I were in a bar! The hotel has “100 percent smoke free” signs which is a big joke! They are promising something that they are not delivering!
(3) When I checked out the computer was allegedly not working. I reminded the receptionist that I did not use the safe and asked that the fee charged for such safe be returned to my credit card, which I was reassured that it would be. Two days later the money was not put back on my card and I had to call again, to which I was told that it was an error and the money would go back to my card, for the second time.
Even though the price of this room was decent (especially with my AAA), it was not worth it, especially for non-smokers. There are other facilities in the area. Knights Inn has received the same rating as this Red Roof and I see that they are under new management. They may be better. Leave this Red Roof in your rearview mirror!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Red Roof Inn, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Washington, Dc - Laurel Hotel Laurel
- Red Roof Inn Laurel
- Laurel Red Roof Inn