“"Outstanding Customer Service!!!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Laurel
“"Outstanding Customer Service!!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was welcomed by a happy and friendly staff member named Katherine on my very first stay at this location. After my initial check out I returned and have to give "All" employees a good report for "World Class service."
Needless to say I would not stay any where else while on business in this area.

Room Tip: First floor with parking just outside of room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for such a wonderful compliment to Katherine and the rest of the staff. Your comments tell us what we are doing right and we're determined to continue in our efforts to provide our guests with nice, clean, reasonably priced rooms and the best possible customer service. Your feedback also lets other travelers know that they can expect to have great stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.

Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came here for early check in at 10 AM expecting to get some work done with the free wifi...wifi goes out after I enter my room...front desk tells me 4 minutes (ok fine) to 1 hour (not cool)....still no wifi so I go to front desk and I'm told 4 hours til the wifi is back up (COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE, especially when you advertise your free wifi and phone calls)...to top it off, I can't even get a refund, and to talk to the "manager", the Ellen A who responds here, she is unavailable...apparently the phone number on her card that I got from the front desk just calls the front desk....

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry about the problem you experienced with the Wi-Fi being down for about an hour. A technician had arrived soon after your check in to make some adjustments on the system and the Front Desk Representative was unable to call all the rooms to notify them of this disruption in service before the service was resumed.
I thank you for staying with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Laurel, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were looking for a nice, clean and safe place a few days and we found it . The location was great. The price was excellent and the Staff was outstanding. Indie was wonderful and Myron was great. They were very helpful, pleasant. We look forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your comments are very much appreciated by all of us as they encourage us in our efforts to provide nice, clean rooms at a reasonable price. Your comments also help other travelers immensely when they make their travel plans.
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Mechanicville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My son and I were in Maryland for a Baseball tournament. We were staying at a Red Roof Inn in Laurel. I made the reservation 1 week in advance and read all the reviews on that location before I finalized my trip. At 12:30am I was awakened by loud bangs on my door with a voice telling me to open my door. I called the front desk to tell them and they said they would take care of it. 1/2 hour later the same thing happened but this time the door was being opened and the only thing that kept the door from completely opening was the swinging lock on the inside. I then called the front desk to tell them to call the police. The front desk person told me they were the police. I asked for ID before opening the door and 6 officers with guns drawn entered my room and stated they just arrested the person next door for selling drugs and conducting prostitution and they had a report that my room #was involved as well. As the officers searched, they realized it was a false report and the lead officer, the only one that talked and not have his gun pointed at me or my son, told me that this hotel is known in the area for its drug and prostitution activity and they are always there arresting someone. He also told me to get out of there as quickly as possible. I did just that. I left the hotel room, went to the front desk and needed to fight with the night clerk to get my money back and left. We got no sleep, cut our trip short by 1 day, and neither of us can get the vision of guns pointed at us out of our minds. My 16yo is still frantic and I feel like something was taken away from me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm very sorry about what happened during your stay. It was truly an unfortunate incident and not at all usual. This was supposedly an undercover police operation meant to combat some of the issues you mentioned. We had no knowledge of it and would have by all means provided the necessary information to the Police had we been asked or notified.
I'd like to apologize to you and your son once again and hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you.
severn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The customer service I received from the guest service representative named Indie at this location was excellent. Every time I visited the area, she was a pleasure to be in the presence of. She greeted me with a great big smile and offered her assistance above and beyond her call of duty. We need more people like this with quality customer service to handle customers when they come into an establishment. She demonstrated what it means to really make the customer feel comfortable and satisfied!!! Keep up the Great Work! You deserve the recognition!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the wonderful customer service you received during your last stay with us. Indie and the other Front Desk Representatives read your comments and are all very encouraged to continue providing better customer service and hospitality each and every time to each guest that walks in the door.

We appreciate your patronage and thank you once again. We look forward to seeing you soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked a 5 night stay for business in the Columbia, MD area (a community west of BWI / Baltimore). Single woman traveling alone for business. This motel was approx. 15 minutes away with city bound traffic during rush hour. Newly renovated and a job well done there! The room actually smelled great and I think the whole hotel is non-smoking. I'm not sure about that, but my room was definitely non-smoking and it smelled lovely. (I often bring a candle to drown out certain smells, but no need here). This Red Roof Inn is certainly no-frills, and has a motel-y feel to it. That said, it was a truly nice stay. It's newly renovated with new linens and the floors are all wood (actually, wood laminate, but it was extremely nice and CLEAN, I loved the floors! why don't all hotels do this when they renovate?) I had a flat screen TV with lots of channels including HBO. The cleaning service did a nice job every day. The desk staff were nice. The bed was very comfy though I'd recommend your own pillow unless you like thick ones. Keeping in mind that this m/hotel is a 1.5 or 2-star (not the Plaza in NYC) and that I paid under $60 per night for this room, I was 100% satisfied with my stay and I would absolutely recommend it for anyone. I would not have been unhappy to have paid up to $70 per night in such a major metro area for this room. Small negatives: There was NO hairdryer nor coffee maker in the room so be prepared. You can get coffee in the lobby. The hotel is walk-up so I had to lug my bag to the 3rd floor (but that only happened one time up and once down, no big deal). And, the first night the cleaning staff hadn't left any shampoo, but I had my own so no biggie. After that, they left it every day. And, consider bringing your own pillow - the motel's pillows were brand new, which was very nice BUT I don't like the really thick pillows they had because they're just too tall for me (so I got a neck ache). All in all, very nice budget experience, I would recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: My room faced the back parking lot and was super super quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your comments are very encouraging. I believe your comments would also help other travelers who need such information as what you provided to make decisions more confidently regarding accomodations during their travels.
I wasn't sure whether you were aware that we had an elevator at the property. We also have other room types that come with Microfridges, coffee makers, iron and ironing board and hair dryers. We have extra supply of irons and ironing boards and hair dryers for the guests at the front desk. I do apologize that you were not made aware of the options we had available.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was renovated and in good condition. Our room was very clean and adequately sized. The bathroom was clean and the A/C worked well. The location of the hotel itself is convenient to many stores and a great selection of places to eat. It is also very close to the highway and a short drive to the Washington DC Capital area.

Red Roof Inn was definitely worth what we paid. Would use again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay this past month. I do apologize for the delay in responding quickly to your comments. We very much appreciate it because it is encouraging and keeps us aspiring to provide better services and hospitality to all our guests. Indie and Myron have read your review and are very pleased that their efforts were noticed.
I thank you once again and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!