“Exceptional Attention to Detail” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12525 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Elkridge, Maryland
“Exceptional Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Clean, Courteous and Quiet ! Spacious room, well kept grounds and an efficient staff that took care of our every need. It was quite impressive to see the General Manager, Ellen Peace Azu, not afraid to roll up her sleeves and attend to her property personally. It's a testament to her personal care she has for her hotel and guests. Conveniently located to a plaza with numerous restaurants, a grocery store, drug store and gas stations. The parking lot is very well lit and the neighborhood is safe to walk at night. I highly recommend this hotel for both business and families alike.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. It is our desire that our guests have a great experience during their stay with us and so we always appreciate receiving a positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and I can assure you that it has been a great encouragement to us as we continue to improve our product and services.

Thank you again and I hope you continue to have a great stay with the Red Roof Inns.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Lexington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This Red Roof is your standard inn, good price for the area. Close to gas, food, local businesses, right off of BW Parkway. Had excellent service at check-in, both nights I stayed the girls at reception helped me get the accomodations I needed. Rooms are clean, outside area neat, and the neighborhood seems safe. Overall I liked it.

• Stayed September 2012
Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is my first and last stay here! I am completely disgusted with this place. My husband and I are on our way up to Groton, CT from Charleston, SC, so we decided to stop by in Maryland for the night and chose the Red Roof Inn. Our previous experience with other Red Roofs has been satisfactory, so imagine my surprise when I felt something crawling on my feet while I was brushing my teeth. It was a cockroach! After crushing it with my shoe, I let it go thinking it was just a one-time thing. But while I was lying on the bed, I saw at the corner of my eye something crawling on the blanket, and lo and behold: It was a tick! I absolutely hate bugs, esp. disease-carrying bugs like ticks! So I strongly suggest staying somewhere else if you are in this area and not waste your money here.

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It is too bad I can't rate "0" or lower. Extremely dirty, smells bad , and full with bugs. You will feel you are staying in a trash can. The only reason I sstayed there to harbor in a place for a night. I hardly made morning and left with the first light of day. I felt very unsecure too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Place was Just below average - the place was average in cleanliness. the room we stayed was facing the sun and even we want to close the window and sleep. there was still some bright light into the room. When we woke up we have water on the carpet and the place was a little scary and it anything happened no one would know.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stopped by the hotel on my way home from out of town due to a terrible storm. We were given a double room but charged the rate for a single king. Within a few hours, I was itching annd scratching (after taking a shower) In the morning, I had tons of bug bites all over my legs, arms, and stomach. Never again!

• Stayed June 2012
Montreal, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Adequate hotel with nothing fancy, although the room had a flat screen TV & granite or granite-type counter top. King size bed. Rugs have wear, but expected general use. Bathroom celing could be cleaned. Shower curtain needed cleaning, but was washed half-way through week. Only small packet of shampoo supplied and small soaps. Mininum toiletries, no shower cap or hair dryer, but compromise for great price of room. Room was decent size with small round table & two chairs. Hotel backs onto quiet area. If you explore area and travel east and north several good shopping areas and eating areas. Access is difficult if your traveling west. Easy to access if travelling east. Very happy for my needs. Depends on your expectations and needs. Good Value.

Room Tip: End unit bottom floor.