“Good location, very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12525 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Lexington
“Good location, very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This Red Roof is your standard inn, good price for the area. Close to gas, food, local businesses, right off of BW Parkway. Had excellent service at check-in, both nights I stayed the girls at reception helped me get the accomodations I needed. Rooms are clean, outside area neat, and the neighborhood seems safe. Overall I liked it.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Groton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is my first and last stay here! I am completely disgusted with this place. My husband and I are on our way up to Groton, CT from Charleston, SC, so we decided to stop by in Maryland for the night and chose the Red Roof Inn. Our previous experience with other Red Roofs has been satisfactory, so imagine my surprise when I felt something crawling on my feet while I was brushing my teeth. It was a cockroach! After crushing it with my shoe, I let it go thinking it was just a one-time thing. But while I was lying on the bed, I saw at the corner of my eye something crawling on the blanket, and lo and behold: It was a tick! I absolutely hate bugs, esp. disease-carrying bugs like ticks! So I strongly suggest staying somewhere else if you are in this area and not waste your money here.

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It is too bad I can't rate "0" or lower. Extremely dirty, smells bad , and full with bugs. You will feel you are staying in a trash can. The only reason I sstayed there to harbor in a place for a night. I hardly made morning and left with the first light of day. I felt very unsecure too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Place was Just below average - the place was average in cleanliness. the room we stayed was facing the sun and even we want to close the window and sleep. there was still some bright light into the room. When we woke up we have water on the carpet and the place was a little scary and it anything happened no one would know.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stopped by the hotel on my way home from out of town due to a terrible storm. We were given a double room but charged the rate for a single king. Within a few hours, I was itching annd scratching (after taking a shower) In the morning, I had tons of bug bites all over my legs, arms, and stomach. Never again!

• Stayed June 2012
Montreal, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Adequate hotel with nothing fancy, although the room had a flat screen TV & granite or granite-type counter top. King size bed. Rugs have wear, but expected general use. Bathroom celing could be cleaned. Shower curtain needed cleaning, but was washed half-way through week. Only small packet of shampoo supplied and small soaps. Mininum toiletries, no shower cap or hair dryer, but compromise for great price of room. Room was decent size with small round table & two chairs. Hotel backs onto quiet area. If you explore area and travel east and north several good shopping areas and eating areas. Access is difficult if your traveling west. Easy to access if travelling east. Very happy for my needs. Depends on your expectations and needs. Good Value.

Room Tip: End unit bottom floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We're a couple from europe and stayed for one night. The room was clean, the matrace okay. Nevertheless, it seemed they rented the room next to ours to a bunch of underaged kids. It was a terrible night. In the middle of the night people were knocking on our door and don't respond to our answers. They seemed drunk. At the lobby - next to the register - we were asked by kids buying weed and other drugs. All the night people were at the parking space and walked between the cars. The area doesn't feel save. Next day, they gave us 10 $ discount on our 70 $ bill but did not do anything about the party next to our room.
Referring to the good reviews here it seems you need some luck with this motel. We stayed in a lot of other places that were even cheaper and not that bad. I wouldn't come back again. They have only coffee for breakfast, no food.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel? Share your experiences!