“Predictable and dull.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Northeast Garden Inn

You added Northeast Garden Inn to your Saves list
Northeast Garden Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Fort Meade Road, Exit 33A (MD 198 E) Off I-95, Laurel, MD 20724 (Formerly Laurel Inn of Maryland)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Washington, DC
“Predictable and dull.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Holiday Inn has been around for decades and their rooms reflect datedness. The room literally looks like a generic sketch of a non-descript hotel room. The colors are boring and blend into each other. There was nothing nice about it. We had to take the last room, which was a smoking room. The air conditioner filter was moldy, the beds were full instead of queen or king size. I was not comfortable in the room. The parking lot had a dozen police cars in it. Why? They were there the following morning. Is there a safety issues there? I was not pleased with my stay. (Oh, and three holes in the curtains.)

Room Tip: Pick a weekend day.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
pasadena
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very rundown. Dirt and rust on the door and walls. Faucet in the sink was not adjustable for temperature. No drinking glasses. Giant stain on the curtains across the entire width. Was told that there was no internet in the "basic $50/night room" even though the website indicates that there is in common areas. Two towels approximately 18" x 36" are included in the basic room. Not even one bath towel. Garbage piled up on the walkway. Do I need to go on? Never again!!

Room Tip: To get a good room in this motel, try a different motel!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just plain nasty experience. From the half-wit at the desk to the automatic doors that don't work. Seriously, you have to put the bags down and pry them open, enter then put stuff down again to muscle them closed. Two sets, neither working. The front desk Gupta was uninformed, RUDE, and frankly, more than a little stupid. He refused to Honor my Priceline reservation. He insisted that I pay again with a pre-paid Priceline reservation. His in house paperwork copy even said PAID. After a 45 minute argument, calls to and from Priceline, I decided to just leave. Then it's back through the non working doors and into the Hooker, Pimp, and teenage Thug infested parking lot. All I saw was the Lobby, which had an odd smell and a threadbare look. I can think of no valid reason for anyone to stay here. Sleep in the Car, if you must, but not here.

Room Tip: Don't, Don't, Don't stay here . . .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a very nice stay here. Very large and clean room with nice bathroom with very good shower. Room had a very large bed. Friendly staff at the reception.
So all in all great value for money. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

There were two of us, so we got a room with two queen beds. Our room although it looked clean didn't feel clean you could see stains on the carpets the walls were dirty the carpet felt dirty I avoided walking on it in bare feet. We had two queen beds and 3 very flat pillows, went to the front desk to ask for extra pillows and tissues since our room had no tissues in the holder and my allergies were out of control. Person at the desk could not help us with pillows he told me someone would be there in the morning ok that is a huge help since I am checking out in the morning. So back to the room issues, light on the nightstand only had one light bulb instead of two and the second one was burnt out. There were two lights by the desk one worked one didn't. Bathroom issues, tub was running and could not be turned off, lights over the sink did not work and shower head looked filthy. I would recommend you stay elsewhere. When I told the person at the front counter in the morning all the issues I had with the room the response I got was I'm sorry I can give you a discount on your next stay, my response was NO I will never stay here again. Oh and I forgot to mention I have a strong feeling this may be a welfare hotel, seems like a lot of transient people were there. I also forgot to mention pool was closed and so were dining facilities so no breakfast available.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room if you want a microwave and mini fridge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am a active duty member just arrive here in MD from across country to get station here while I have my wife that is going through chemotherapy so I wanted the good hotel for her specially her being working in the hotel for over ten years and she is very picky. Well first the hotel under construction and the room is okay not clean enough but my wife did not mind, unfortunately we were disturb on our second night staying in the morning when we have a do not disturb sign on the door, that's not all then we were accuse to have a pet and they went to our room while we have a do not disturb sign again just to go in. My wife told them they're not so post to be doing that and that's when they told my wife we have a dog and she inform them and "when u went to my room did you find a dog" and he reply "No ".Wait that's not all, my wife gets very ill and she was throwing up because the meds is making her ill and when I ask to get a new sheets they refuse to help us out even when I explain her situation he didn't care and keeps telling us talk to the same manager that was no help at all in the beginning when we inform them the first problem. I am just disappointed to be treated this way, I am active duty and taking care a sick wife that's going through this cancer and this owner really treated us really bad. I would never recommend this hotel and right now I am filling through BBB about this property, they really have broken a lot of hotel regulation and not only that they were not helpful to assist there customers needs specially we are paying good money. Don Not Stay in this Property

• Stayed August 2013
Mannheim, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hopefully you are reading this before staying there, not after like I did. Within ten minutes of being there, I saw three prostitutes, a pimp and a drug deal. This was at 11 in the morning. It just got worse from there. The rooms smelt like a mixture of urine and curry. It was so disgusting, we went to Target to buy cleaning stuff and scented candles. It didn't help. The blankets have cigarette burns all over, the remote for the TV didn't work, although someone made a nice attempt to tape it together, then the cable TV was snowy anyway, probably because they are stealing it from somewhere. The problem was the people. In total, I saw 6 prostitutes, three drug dealer groups, 2 pimps and a couple of meth heads. This, BTW, is between the hours of 11am and 7pm, because we just left and found another hotel. I didn't feel safe there. This hotel should be shut down. I feel like I should be tested for Hep A through Z cause that place is so nasty. DO NOT STAY THERE....unless you're looking for drugs, prostitutes and VD.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Days Inn & Suites Laurel
Quality Inn & Suites
#10 of 16 in Laurel
3.5 of 5 stars 107 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

Been to Northeast Garden Inn? Share your experiences!