“Disgusting. One of the worst hotels I've ever been to” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Northeast Garden Inn

You added Northeast Garden Inn to your Saves list
Northeast Garden Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3400 Fort Meade Road, Exit 33A (MD 198 E) Off I-95, Laurel, MD 20724 (Formerly Laurel Inn of Maryland)   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Washington D.C.
“Disgusting. One of the worst hotels I've ever been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I went here because it was cheaper ($60) and just moved here and wanted to be close to Ft. Meade, but it was disgusting. The staff I could not understand too well, but they were rude from what they could say. A big thing is in my room the white, somewhat see through window cover covers all the way, but the one to make the room dark only covers half way! So I saw light coming into my room. The room smelt like body odor and the blanket smelt very bad like it because they did not change out the top blanket. They did not change the sheets either because I found 2 pubs in the bed!! Disgusting! I pulled off the bedding and felt itchy and slept on my pillow and clothes because of what I found. Also, they advertise online every room has wifi and at the hotel they have a $45 a night rate and $255 a week so I told them i would like that and they explained it's on their old side and I'm on the new side for my price and the old side does not have wifi because it's "broke" and I asked them why do you advertise online that you have wifi in all places then. Left, and if you use Expedia, you can get into Super 8 in Laurel for the same price or a couple bucks cheaper and it is so much better!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. Like I said surprisingly Super 8 a couple miles away is way nicer and a great p...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I was so tired from driving I stopped to finally get sleep. Once I checked in. Strange guys around the building looking out the window. When I went to my room I had seen gang signs under the lamp and laid down on pillow and my face was itching from bugs...Nasty stains on floor... Bathroom was so dirty I didnt want to shower. I was so disgusted and ready to get out of this place and away from this area.. Felt very unsafe.

Don't stay in this place... Bad choice. I ended up going to another hotel that was much better and got a suite with couch and comfort in Laurel near Rt. 1 North.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

First i must say is nothing the like the pics. I waited for an hour to get the room while i was in the parking lot they where kids barefooted running around playing with the logged cart .the stairways full of trash .when i finally got to the room i realize the bed spread had holes of burn marks all over ..i knew i should of left but my friend payed for my stay there and to top it it off while i slept in this dirty place .i got bitten by bed bugs ...nasty they need to close that place down management sucks......

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My friend and I stayed here in July, everything was clean from the bedding to the room period. everything work properly, we had no problems with the service at all the clerk was very nice a young lady can't remember her name but we were treated with nothing but respect. I appreciated the clerk she made sure we had all the accommendations we needed it was a true pleasure staying there and I will return soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Property in dire need of renovation and cleaning. Beds did not appear to have fresh and clean bed sheets, had to ask for clean ones to replace. Asked breakfast attendant to replace table cloth in breakfast area that had a dead bug on it, she said she did not understand what we were telling her. Pool area filthy with overgrowth. Open hole with wiring exposed at registration desk. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

It took 40 minutes to get a room. We asked for a non-smoking room, but we got a smoking room. The entire room is saturated with cigarette smoke, blankets were moderately damaged by cigarettes (black tar spots, cigarette hole [yes really]), bathroom towels had foul smell, used pillows. THIS PLACE IS REALLY FOUL AND DISGUSTING, I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S STILL OPEN. Only reason we stayed was because it was already 4AM. If it was 3AM, we would've went somewhere else. WASTE OF YOUR MONEY AND TIME. WITH ALL HONESTY, I WOULD RATHER PARK IN FRONT OF WAWA AND SLEEP IN THE CAR.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Filthy...hotel doesn't provide irons. A dump. Asked for a room outside, it should be condemned by health department. Told desk clerk room was a dump, he replied "You asked for a room outside. I was going to give you a nicer room in the inside building." I asked, "How was I supposed to know that outside rooms were unsuitable? All of the rooms should be suitable for guests." He actually blamed me for requesting that room. The inside room wasn't much better. Most of the guests seemed to be junkies, prostitutes, & drug dealers.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Days Inn & Suites Laurel
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 16 in Laurel
3.5 of 5 stars 75 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Been to Northeast Garden Inn? Share your experiences!