“NOT worth it !!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“NOT worth it !!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed their for a week. Checked in Sunday 12/ 02/2012 afternoon. The desk clerk was not very friendly , I guess she didn't like that we interrupted her nap time. There isn't any place to set down and eat their complimentary breakfast. It is served in their closet sized lobby area. You have to take your muffins to your room. Upon arriving at the room we were greeted by our neighbors who are permanent residents. ( A family of 4 living in a room, ) Upon entering the room we noticed the light above the sink was flickering and about to go out. The cleanliness of the room was mediocre. ( Found broken glass in the bathroom.) There were holes in the bathroom wall like some one had used a knife to repeatedly stab the sheet rock. ( We figured from the looks of the place they were honing their skills with a knife.) By Wednesday we got up our nerve to take the do disturb sign off the door before we left for work so we could get room service. I called the front desk and told them the light above the sink was now out and could they please change the bulbs. It did not get done. Friday morning there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to find a VERY filthy looking man at the door. I thought it was a homeless man pan handling then I noticed light bulbs in his hand. As my husband was there I let him in thinking at least I would no longer need a flash light to fix my hair. He was sooooo filthy and dirty. The smell was indescribable!!!. Before he could finish I literally ran out of the room and was vomiting in the parking lot !!! He smelled like a rotten dead animal !!! It was far beyond strong body odor. I had to spray perfume to get rid of the smell. He changed the bulbs but the light still did not work . We didn't care about the light any more. We told the manager never mind. Even tho the manager said he would come and fix it himself. We knew we would be leaving soon and by then just wanted to be left alone.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try to get a room in front. The permanent residence are in back. (We believe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hyattsville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I must say the staff is great. The rooms look ok, but do not be fooled. I was in one room and started itching like crazy. ,thought it was just me but when my partner looked closer and pulled back the sheets the bed was covered with bed bugs. lil gray bugs on the pillows sheets and matress. I call the front desk the lady ask why didnt we say something earlier.. REALLY!! She did give me another room but my partner pulled back the bed covers and oh my god the sheets were full of filth even hair. we simply got towels out of the bed room and slept on the floor. Didnt sleep much but had no choice. I wrote a hotel review and left it on the front desk but i wonder if it will matter.

Room Tip: bring your own sheets and bed covers
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was clean , professional customer service , room smell a little be but I have a good stay there , price very affordable overall . Some people exaggerate their opinion , but the hotel for that price is good

• Stayed July 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

We had our original hotel cancel on us so we found a room here. Room was ok but when we left something in the fridge the housekeepers cleaned it out and threw away important medicine we need. SO DONT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR STUFF STOLEN!!!

• Stayed July 2010
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My husband decided to take me to this place for our anniversary. Not the first place I would consider, but he heard from a friend that it was a good place for an affordable price. What a lie. When we get there not only the stairs were dirty with some kinda of gluey thing, but the carpets were filthy.When he opened the door to the room, I could smell cigarette. In fact the whole room smelled like cigarette. The smell was everywhere, including in the bedding sheets, it was such a strong smell that after 10 minutes inside it gave me a headache, and my clothes and hair smelled. Unless you are a smoker that was not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
silver spring md
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

staff was nice. room was clean decent,loved the tv all the good channels. but located in the middle of no where. but very rowdy neighbors all around! hotel is infront of a trailer park! lots of pimps and prostituites drugs and cops. lots of screaming all night and fighting! if cleaned up i wuldstay again

Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Very spacious, clean room. Had double beds, included fridge and microwave. Easy access from freeway and safe. Free wireless internet and continental breakfast with bagels, muffins, juice.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Laurel Racetrack? Share your experiences!