“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
New York City, New York
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was very surprised by the quality of the rooms. Stayed two nights, which was perfect. The front desk was responsive and professional. Our room was very clean upon arrival and was maintained during our stay. The hotel was in close proximity to everything we needed. I will definitely stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: Do not chose any rooms such as 420, 520, 620, etc... as they are all by the ice machine and washing...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity of serving you. We are also humbled that you took the time to provide some feedback about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that, you not only found our location was convenient for your stay but also that our room was comfortable and clean. All the amenities we offer are tied together by the staff that we have on hand here at the hotel. I am pleased that not only were they friendly, but helpful as well.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, we are honored to have been of service.

Sara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Holiday Inn is definitely not my idea of a good time. Each of the three times I have stayed in one it was because I had no other viable alternative. That being said, the experience was considerably better than I expected adn much better than my prior two experiences. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The room was ok, clean but no frills.The room was on the larger size and there was a welcome bag of treats which was a nice touch (and which saved me at 2 am when I was famished). The bed was ok but one of my pillow had seen better days and was quite lumpy. The bathroom was tiny. The toilet almost touches the door when you open. The toilet is also practially inside the bathtub. Also, my room though on the fifth floor got a lot of noise from people coming into the hotel late at night so I would suggest light sleepers request a room facing the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sara F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel and giving us the opportunity to serve you. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the review you have given to us. We are happy to hear we have exceeded your expectations as a Holiday Inn Express. Our hotel take pride in the service we provide and strive every day to exceed all guest expectations. Thanks again and please come visit us again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We arrived at this holiday Inn after midnight on outer arrival day. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately that is where the good experience ends. I checked in and my card was swiped and we were given our keys. We arrived in our room to find dirty sheets, a dirty tub and no blankets or sheetsfor the sofa bed. I asked the front desk for clean sheets since ours were dirty and some sheets for the sofa bed. They brought sheets for the sofa bed but not clean sheets for the other bed.
We stayed at this location for two nights. Upon checking out, I gave them my room key, waited for a receipt then left. While in the parking lot, the front desk attendant ran out and told me my card was declined. I was baffled but went inside with him. Once inside he told me to nevermind, everything was ok. We drove to Washington DC to continue our vacation. I received two phone calls from the hotel while touring the Capitol building, but no voice mail was left. Later that evening, I checked my bank account online to find that I had two authorizations on my account for the one room. I immediately called the hotel and was informed my card was declined so they kept running it and it was still declined. I could not get them to understand that if it had indeed been delined, there would mot be authorizations posted, not once but twice. I called the 1800 number and spoke with a helpful woman who said she would call them and get back to me. Two days later, I receive a call from the hotel stating everything was fine they charged my card again and I was paid in full, not to worry. I was furious! Now I had three charges on my card for a total of $850! For a rate that should have been $257. I called customer service again and they were rude and unhelpful. I was told I had yo speak with the hotel. The hotel was refusing to do anything about the overcharges. I had repeatedly asked for the manager and she was never available. When calling the 1800 I repeatedly asked for done one high up in the chain of command and was denied. I would assume that if you can't get the locations management to solve your issue, the guest service line should step in. I guess holiday Inn does not care to resolve guest issues

• Stayed June 2014
Sara F, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write us this review. We strive daily to provide exceptional services to all our guests. In regards to your billing issues, your card was only charged once for your stay. Please understand an authorization does not equate a charge and those authorizations will be released within 3-5 business days depending on your bank. As we try to take immediate action and try to resolve the technical errors within our system promptly, we have reached out to your bank, and asked them to release those funds immediately. If you see more than one final charge on your bill, please give us a call back and we will reach out to your bank once again.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed her for our son's graduation at UMD, bypassing the overpriced closer accommodations for that period in College Park . The rooms were well appointed, clean and the beds very comfortable . The staff were very helpful and the free breakfast, as chain hotels go, was above average . A neat and quiet location close to an abundance of good eating spots earns
my top marks .

Room Tip: get to the breakfast early before the bus groups get up .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sara F, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a great feedback. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to ensure we exceed all Guest expectations at all times. Please come back to visit us soon.

Praha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Easy to find, free parking, very friendly and prof. staff. Spacious room. Really high standard for HI Express. We had a complimentary breakfast, fruits, eggs, ham....all you can eat...really good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sara F, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this review. Your feedback is valuable to us and the service we strive to provide everyday. We take pride in providing the best quality service to all our guests and I am happy to hear we were able to met your expectations. Please come back and visit us soon!

Westwood, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

so I check in late after a delayed flight & am put on a floor with a bus-ful of kids on a springbreak vacation to DC. Actually, the kids were quiet... it was the damn chaparones that kept talking all night... I literally had to go out and say something to them. Not much I guess could be done unless I wanted to try & switch rooms at 1:30am... very frustrating. Breakfast was the usual for HIEx... too many choices to return here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sam M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We try our best to make our hotel feel like a home away from home. Your concerns have been shared with the team and we will try our best to monitor our group reservations better in the future.

Sara Fung
Irvington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Perfectly fine hotel with friendly staff. We were there for a soccer tournament and our needs were few: clean and comfortable room, breakfast, working internet. Check on all of that. Lots of food choice around. Breakfast was hard to judge because it was in full speed use with lots of soccer girls and boys vying for food. I couldn't get what I wanted but as I said it was an unusually busy time. Staff was very friendly. Room could have been cleaned a bit better -- we found someone left their clothes behind in one of the drawers. And, they made me plunge my own toilet which was a very weird experience, certainly a first for me in a hotel. Shouldn't maintenance do this?????

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We strive to deliver exceptional services to all our guests and your input is important to help is enhance our performance. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. You concerns have been shared with the management team and any concerns will be addressed. We hope to see you back here again.

Sara

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!