“Cleanest hotel I've ever been in with impeccable customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Accident, Maryland, United States
“Cleanest hotel I've ever been in with impeccable customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

From the first moment in this hotel, it was clear that they take great pride in providing an excellent stay to their customers. I was greeted by a lovely front desk employee and the check-in process took less than five minutes. I was directed to my room, where I found it to be the cleanest chain hotel room I've ever been in. Everything was as promised, and I had one of the best night's sleep in a long time. Comfortable bed, user-friendly heating/cooling system, and an iHome (with dock) alarm clock - which saved me because I forgot my wall charger for my iPhone!

The next morning the water pressure and temperature of the shower was good and check-out was a breeze. Enon Austin (front desk employee) was wonderful - offering to hold my bags while I grabbed a quick breakfast, and starting my day off with a cheery and genuine attitude.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing accommodations in Howard County, Anne Arundle County, and the Annapolis area - great find! Also close to shopping, restaurants, and more - all within walking distance!

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor, facing the parking lot, but I had no outside noise during my stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great stay overall. Close to D. C. and easy access to main highways is close by. Free shuttle to the metro station and easy walking distance to several good restaurants. Enon at the front desk was very courteous and attentive to our questions and requests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I frequently stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels for all my business trips and have never had a poor experience until this recent trip. I checked in 10/8/13 and was only staying 1 night for a business meeting the next day. Upon checking into my room I unpacked my bag and proceeded to iron my pants for my business meeting the next day with the hotel room iron. Immediately upon placing the iron on my pants the iron completely scorched and melted my pants! It actually melted a hole through my pants. I have never had this happen before and immediately called the front desk. They did apologize but then offered to bring me another iron. I again told hem that it melted a hole through my pants and they just suggested I not use the iron.
I was then left with no pants for my important business meeting the next day and had to wear the same jeans I wore that day.
This was horrible service and I at least expected them to either offer me sow sort of voucher for my stay or give me a number of someone at corporate to contact to reimburse me for my damaged and ruined pants.
By the way- they left the defective iron in my room and never changed it out during my stay so if you are staying in Room 231 beware of the iron!

Room Tip: Do not use the hotel room iron!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you had on your last visit.
Our housekeeping manager has since replaced the Iron in the guest room to prevent any future issues.
Please feel free to contact us directly so we can resolve this issue and address your concerns.

Thanks

Sam M
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn, because it was a lot more affordable than the hotels within Washington DC. However, the travel by Metro into DC to look around each day was probably not ideal and we would probably chose to be more central next time. The staff at the hotel were fantastic and very helpful, Wayne , took us by shuttle to the Metro stop in the mornings and picked us up at 6pm in the evenings when we returned, he was very knowledgeable on all things Washington and helped us out with directions. The buffet breakfast each morning was simple, but fresh and delicious. Housekeeping kept our rooms clean with fresh towels each day. The rooms however were very tired looking and slightly damp smelling - windows could not open and the fan did not work in the bathroom so it was up to the airconditioning to keep the room fresh. Very small pool, indoor, which could not be used during the day as it was used for a therapy group, and a spa pool which was in very poor condition also. Could not fault the staff but would probably not return due to the location and condition of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback at our hotel. I apologize for any shortfalls during your stay.
All our guest rooms have been recently renovated and updated. In regards to the ventilation system in the bathroom we have a centralized exhaust unit placed on the roof which has been inspected and is working properly.
We have extended our pool hours and will make sure that is communicated to all our guest.
Once again we do appreciate your feedback and feel free to contact us for any further questions.

Sam
Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Enjoyed reading all of the Wonderful reviews, but my experience in room 205 was different.

The check-in was fast, and the room was clean. The lights over the desk area were not working and maintenance responded immediately.

Pros: Cleanliness, security guard, Maintenance, Breakfast (They had no fruit, the juice was weak tasting) Gym, Room safe (cost $1.00)

Cons: Thin walls (Woke up at 5:20 a.m. to loud talking and laughing and it got quiet at 8:00 a.m.)
I pod connection connected and then kept shutting off
Internet had multiple connection glitches.
Refrigerator- does not have a dial to make colder and there is no freezer. (An ice pack was placed in the freezer and in the morning it was dripping wet. (I will be more detailed next time.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear charlot,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and the location of the hotel. I apologize apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and used it primarily for going into Washington DC by Metro. The staff was very accomodating to all of our questions about getting to and using the Metro. The breakfast was very good and the morning staff was very friendly. It is an older hotel, but very clean and would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a great experience planning my family reunion at this location. The event staff was supportive and flexible throughout the planning process. The staff was friendly as well. The hotel was a great price with food service.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!