“Poor customer service and Iron ruined my pants!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Poor customer service and Iron ruined my pants!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I frequently stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotels for all my business trips and have never had a poor experience until this recent trip. I checked in 10/8/13 and was only staying 1 night for a business meeting the next day. Upon checking into my room I unpacked my bag and proceeded to iron my pants for my business meeting the next day with the hotel room iron. Immediately upon placing the iron on my pants the iron completely scorched and melted my pants! It actually melted a hole through my pants. I have never had this happen before and immediately called the front desk. They did apologize but then offered to bring me another iron. I again told hem that it melted a hole through my pants and they just suggested I not use the iron.
I was then left with no pants for my important business meeting the next day and had to wear the same jeans I wore that day.
This was horrible service and I at least expected them to either offer me sow sort of voucher for my stay or give me a number of someone at corporate to contact to reimburse me for my damaged and ruined pants.
By the way- they left the defective iron in my room and never changed it out during my stay so if you are staying in Room 231 beware of the iron!

Room Tip: Do not use the hotel room iron!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We truly apologize for any inconvenience you had on your last visit.
Our housekeeping manager has since replaced the Iron in the guest room to prevent any future issues.
Please feel free to contact us directly so we can resolve this issue and address your concerns.

Thanks

Sam M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We chose the Holiday Inn, because it was a lot more affordable than the hotels within Washington DC. However, the travel by Metro into DC to look around each day was probably not ideal and we would probably chose to be more central next time. The staff at the hotel were fantastic and very helpful, Wayne , took us by shuttle to the Metro stop in the mornings and picked us up at 6pm in the evenings when we returned, he was very knowledgeable on all things Washington and helped us out with directions. The buffet breakfast each morning was simple, but fresh and delicious. Housekeeping kept our rooms clean with fresh towels each day. The rooms however were very tired looking and slightly damp smelling - windows could not open and the fan did not work in the bathroom so it was up to the airconditioning to keep the room fresh. Very small pool, indoor, which could not be used during the day as it was used for a therapy group, and a spa pool which was in very poor condition also. Could not fault the staff but would probably not return due to the location and condition of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback at our hotel. I apologize for any shortfalls during your stay.
All our guest rooms have been recently renovated and updated. In regards to the ventilation system in the bathroom we have a centralized exhaust unit placed on the roof which has been inspected and is working properly.
We have extended our pool hours and will make sure that is communicated to all our guest.
Once again we do appreciate your feedback and feel free to contact us for any further questions.

Sam
Simsbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Enjoyed reading all of the Wonderful reviews, but my experience in room 205 was different.

The check-in was fast, and the room was clean. The lights over the desk area were not working and maintenance responded immediately.

Pros: Cleanliness, security guard, Maintenance, Breakfast (They had no fruit, the juice was weak tasting) Gym, Room safe (cost $1.00)

Cons: Thin walls (Woke up at 5:20 a.m. to loud talking and laughing and it got quiet at 8:00 a.m.)
I pod connection connected and then kept shutting off
Internet had multiple connection glitches.
Refrigerator- does not have a dial to make colder and there is no freezer. (An ice pack was placed in the freezer and in the morning it was dripping wet. (I will be more detailed next time.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear charlot,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and the location of the hotel. I apologize apologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and used it primarily for going into Washington DC by Metro. The staff was very accomodating to all of our questions about getting to and using the Metro. The breakfast was very good and the morning staff was very friendly. It is an older hotel, but very clean and would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a great experience planning my family reunion at this location. The event staff was supportive and flexible throughout the planning process. The staff was friendly as well. The hotel was a great price with food service.

• Stayed August 2013
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have utilized this location for business the last two years and will continue. The hotel is great and the Staff, especially Kelisa White is absolutely amazing and they all offer such great customer service. Thank you all for continuing to make our stay wonderful and offering such great service to us. See you next year!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After deciding to bring a group (55) people to the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, I was referred to the Holiday Inn Express Laurel. I worked with Mrs. Kelisa White, Director of Sales. She was 100% efficient and professional, answering every question beyond my expectations. She made any changes requeste with a smile. We were late getting to the hotel, so she let me know that Mr. Ash Khan would be available to help our group. The check in was so easy. Extra towels were available for our late check out. Everyone on the front desk welcomed us as family, even the Shuttle driver that picked us up at Greenbelt. The Housekeeping staff were at out beck and call. The rooms, lobby and location of the hotel is super, and if I every go back, or am asked for recommendations, it will be the Holiday Inn Express Laurel, for sure. Please share our sincere thanks to the staff and especially Mrs. White and Mr. Khan. Pat Spencer, Tampa, FL

Room Tip: Only suggestion is to make sure the clock has the right time. Otherwise, everything was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel? Share your experiences!