“Exceptional Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Potomac, Maryland
“Exceptional Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I recently stayed at this particular HIE and fell in love with the place! The staff were extremely friendly and the check- in was easy and quick! The rooms were exceptional clean and smelled lovely. I loved the beds, as well as the soft and firm pillows they provided. Breakfast was better than I expected and their variety being many. I loved the pancakes and cinnamon rolls and thought they were delicious! The breakfast staff greeted everyone that came in and made conversation with them. These workers know how to make the guest feel special and go that extra step to ensure that they provide great customer service. The building is extremely clean and looks brand new.I enjoyed working out in their fitness center as well as swimming in their pool. I am looking forward to coming back and telling everyone about this place. Great job, HIE!

Room Tip: Loved that they offered free wifi and is located in great location, being only 15 minutes from Balti...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our team takes utmost pride in delivering great service and we want to ensure that all Guests feel at home.
We appreciate that you enjoyed all our services at the hotel and we hope to see you again.

Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the HIE with my group. We had a wonderful experience with the hotel staff.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and inviting after a long day of activities. The bed was so comfortable, I wanted to bring it home with me. The location of the hotel is perfect for visits to attractions in Washington, DC and Baltimore. The hot breakfast buffet was a great start to our day of activities. The reservation process was painless. Kelisa was absolutely wonderful to ensure that our visit was a pleasant one. She assisted us with the reservation process every step of the way. The staff accommodated our needs and was so patient with us. Should we return to the Washington/Baltimore area again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that your Group enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. Ms. Kelisa also enjoyed working with you and your group in making sure we exceed all your expectations.

We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Sam
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently chaperoned a trip of 70 junior high students (with 10 parents). HIE provided a quick check in at 9pm. They have a great conference room to setup a second, separate breakfast. Easy drive to all DC attractions.

• Stayed June 2013
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Laurel Home Make Over Project thanks the Holiday Inn Express of Laurel, Maryland. My son Brent Debnam is a true trooper. Born with Cerebral Palsy early on I (Mom) taught Brent that everyone has a path to follow in life...some are straight, some have curves, some are even crooked, none the less you walk the path created for you because everyone gets to the finish line with strong belief and determination that they can. This philosopy has made Brent a strong advocate for himself. As he grew he has befriended many astounding people on his journey in life who support him. Recently in our home town of Laurel Maryland he has brought his friends and community togehter to support his need of having a handicapped accessible home built. The community and his friends are currently adding an addition to our home for Brent to naviigate and meet daily needs he is unable to meet in the current existing structure. While the house is being completed Manager Ash Khan of the Holiday Inn Express of Laurel has come to our rescue by offering us their generosity and hospitality to stay at the hotel during the remodeling. The Holiday Inn Express has offered accomodations on the days we are without power in our home. They have become a part of this community effort to support Brent while the addition is being buit. How amazing to feel the compassion and love that came our way from the staff during our first stay. They made us feel like we were at home and gave Brent the amenties he needed in his handicapped accesible room. We thank the manager who made the arrangements... it truly was heartfelt by my son Brent and I. You can follow the progress of Brent's home make over at www.laurelmdcares.com

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible rooms with a roll in shower are vital to the comfort and well being of the di...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melrose, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I swore I would never go to an IHC hotel again after being very poorly treated by their central reservations and getting no help from the hotel in Massachusetts which I was staying at.

BUT, when I made a reservation at this hotel in Maryland, the person at the front desk was very accommodating and found me two reasonably priced rooms for my family. We travel with teenagers and it's so uncomfortable in one room with two beds. Getting two rooms gets very expensive. I was so grateful for the front desk help!

The hotel was comfortable, conveniently located near a Metro stop and all staff were very friendly. I'd stay here again (but I will still stay away from other IHC hotels).

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk to make a reservation. Ask to be away from the lobby. We were close to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband, three children and I stayed here for 4 nights this April. The staff was was extremely friendly and accommodating, especially Erica at the front desk. She called our room several times after we had checked in and also after we had requested extra towels to make sure we were satisfied. Our room was clean and spacious with two double beds and a pull out sofa which was helpful as we had three of of our children traveling with us. The breakfasts were very good and the make your own pancakes were a hit with my daughter and younger son. The breakfast staff were very pleasant and helpful. There was a pool and a hot tub on site and it was staffed by a lifeguard. Both lifeguards we encountered were pleasant and talkative. I did not go into the pool but the children said it was very warm. The hot tub jets only worked the first night we were there but it wasn't an issue for us. The hotel has a shuttle which takes you to the Greenbelt Metro that leaves at 10:00 a.m. and will pick you up when you arrive back at the Metro after a day of sightseeing in DC. The last shuttle run ends at 8:00 so plan accordingly if you need this service. The hotel is in a convenient area within walking distance to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Guttenberg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arranged a trip for a group of approxiately 26 people and the hotel was extremly accomodating. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had comfortable beds. The entire crew was happy with the stay. I was very pleased that our rooms were available for a very early check in. Also, I neglected to send over someone's name that wanted to pay for their own single, and they took care of it with no problem. She received her single immediately at the same rate, even though there should have been an additional charge of $100. The staff was super frendly. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!