“exceptional customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Melrose, Massachusetts
“exceptional customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I swore I would never go to an IHC hotel again after being very poorly treated by their central reservations and getting no help from the hotel in Massachusetts which I was staying at.

BUT, when I made a reservation at this hotel in Maryland, the person at the front desk was very accommodating and found me two reasonably priced rooms for my family. We travel with teenagers and it's so uncomfortable in one room with two beds. Getting two rooms gets very expensive. I was so grateful for the front desk help!

The hotel was comfortable, conveniently located near a Metro stop and all staff were very friendly. I'd stay here again (but I will still stay away from other IHC hotels).

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk to make a reservation. Ask to be away from the lobby. We were close to the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cumberland, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband, three children and I stayed here for 4 nights this April. The staff was was extremely friendly and accommodating, especially Erica at the front desk. She called our room several times after we had checked in and also after we had requested extra towels to make sure we were satisfied. Our room was clean and spacious with two double beds and a pull out sofa which was helpful as we had three of of our children traveling with us. The breakfasts were very good and the make your own pancakes were a hit with my daughter and younger son. The breakfast staff were very pleasant and helpful. There was a pool and a hot tub on site and it was staffed by a lifeguard. Both lifeguards we encountered were pleasant and talkative. I did not go into the pool but the children said it was very warm. The hot tub jets only worked the first night we were there but it wasn't an issue for us. The hotel has a shuttle which takes you to the Greenbelt Metro that leaves at 10:00 a.m. and will pick you up when you arrive back at the Metro after a day of sightseeing in DC. The last shuttle run ends at 8:00 so plan accordingly if you need this service. The hotel is in a convenient area within walking distance to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. We would stay here again.

Guttenberg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arranged a trip for a group of approxiately 26 people and the hotel was extremly accomodating. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had comfortable beds. The entire crew was happy with the stay. I was very pleased that our rooms were available for a very early check in. Also, I neglected to send over someone's name that wanted to pay for their own single, and they took care of it with no problem. She received her single immediately at the same rate, even though there should have been an additional charge of $100. The staff was super frendly. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice place in a nice area. It was well kept. Breakfast was very good. The only complaint was the hot tub and pool heater was broken. That was a bummer. But I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Curtice, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in April. They have a shuttle that takes you to the greenbelt metro station to visit DC, so it is a lot less confusing than staying in downtown DC. They Cherry Blossoms were out and stunning! Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was just like family, everyone was super friendly. One downside was the pool we checked it out, and it was almost empty and on useable, but the next day they were working on it, by the time we left they had it completely repaired and up and running. This hotel was very quiet too, we noticed that there was a 8th grade tour staying there, we couldn`t even hear them!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was one of the teachers escorting a group of three 7th grade classes on their annual Washington, DC trip. Besides being a very nioce physical facility, I wish to stress that the staff of the hotel was extremely kind, understanding, and patient with our group, for both nights we were there.
I know from past experiences elsewhere that many hotel staffers try to "run and hide" when they see a group of middle school children barge in with their "baggage" (and not just physical luggage!). But this hotel handled our group and our needs in a most wonderful fashion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
So Glens Falls, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a stopover during a 17 hr road trip. Check in was easy and simple. DON'T stay in room 208!!! Two reasons.

1st The TV is horrendous. All the analog channels were fuzzy and with the exception of a few digital channels most were tiling. Couldn't even watch the nightly news programs.

2nd If there is a party or function you are almost on top of it. And when there's parties, there's noise and music. Not exactly what someone wants to fall asleep to, especially when they can't fall asleep to the crummy TV news. I realize places like this hold functions but please keep this in mind when guests are staying. Most won't want to be nearby and bothered.

As far as the room itself, it was modern but small. The bathroom is tiny. A bigger person may actually have difficulties opening and closing the door without straddling the toilet.

The breakfast, well if they're busy, enjoy your coffee, few sausage links and maybe a small bowl of cereal. That was all we got. Pastries were empty, no eggs. Out of I believe 8 coffee pots I found one with coffee in it. No vending machines. Have to go to the front desk for an overpriced soda.

We traveled with another group. The reservations were made at the same time under the same names yet they had us separated by 3 floors.

I should have asked for a different room but we got there between 6-7pm and we were hungry and my wife was hoping to hit the pool but couldn't because it was FULL with kids playing. I just tried to get some sleep and get out early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very surprised by the TV issue and the noise level outside of your room. This is certainly not acceptable and is not indicative of the type of service we are accustomed to providing. We have placed brand new 42” LED TV in our all guest rooms to provide the best entertainment experience for all our hotel guest. All of our rooms are newly renovated to fit all of our guest needs. I will have our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to recheck and make sure that room 208 is up to standards with all of our guest needs. Our deluxe continental breakfast is a complimentary amenity for all our Hotel guests with a wide variety of choices which exceeds a typical Holiday inn express and Suites brand standard. Our breakfast team tries to replenish the food frequently when the hotel is busy with several groups eating at the same time. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to recount the details of your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 301-206-2600. Thank you for your business. We hope that you will give us a second chance should your travels take you back to the Baltimore/Washington area

Sam Malhotra

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!