“Holiday Inn Express in Laurel, MD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Guttenberg, New Jersey
“Holiday Inn Express in Laurel, MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arranged a trip for a group of approxiately 26 people and the hotel was extremly accomodating. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had comfortable beds. The entire crew was happy with the stay. I was very pleased that our rooms were available for a very early check in. Also, I neglected to send over someone's name that wanted to pay for their own single, and they took care of it with no problem. She received her single immediately at the same rate, even though there should have been an additional charge of $100. The staff was super frendly. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This was a nice place in a nice area. It was well kept. Breakfast was very good. The only complaint was the hot tub and pool heater was broken. That was a bummer. But I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Curtice, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days in April. They have a shuttle that takes you to the greenbelt metro station to visit DC, so it is a lot less confusing than staying in downtown DC. They Cherry Blossoms were out and stunning! Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was just like family, everyone was super friendly. One downside was the pool we checked it out, and it was almost empty and on useable, but the next day they were working on it, by the time we left they had it completely repaired and up and running. This hotel was very quiet too, we noticed that there was a 8th grade tour staying there, we couldn`t even hear them!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was one of the teachers escorting a group of three 7th grade classes on their annual Washington, DC trip. Besides being a very nioce physical facility, I wish to stress that the staff of the hotel was extremely kind, understanding, and patient with our group, for both nights we were there.
I know from past experiences elsewhere that many hotel staffers try to "run and hide" when they see a group of middle school children barge in with their "baggage" (and not just physical luggage!). But this hotel handled our group and our needs in a most wonderful fashion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
So Glens Falls, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a stopover during a 17 hr road trip. Check in was easy and simple. DON'T stay in room 208!!! Two reasons.

1st The TV is horrendous. All the analog channels were fuzzy and with the exception of a few digital channels most were tiling. Couldn't even watch the nightly news programs.

2nd If there is a party or function you are almost on top of it. And when there's parties, there's noise and music. Not exactly what someone wants to fall asleep to, especially when they can't fall asleep to the crummy TV news. I realize places like this hold functions but please keep this in mind when guests are staying. Most won't want to be nearby and bothered.

As far as the room itself, it was modern but small. The bathroom is tiny. A bigger person may actually have difficulties opening and closing the door without straddling the toilet.

The breakfast, well if they're busy, enjoy your coffee, few sausage links and maybe a small bowl of cereal. That was all we got. Pastries were empty, no eggs. Out of I believe 8 coffee pots I found one with coffee in it. No vending machines. Have to go to the front desk for an overpriced soda.

We traveled with another group. The reservations were made at the same time under the same names yet they had us separated by 3 floors.

I should have asked for a different room but we got there between 6-7pm and we were hungry and my wife was hoping to hit the pool but couldn't because it was FULL with kids playing. I just tried to get some sleep and get out early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very surprised by the TV issue and the noise level outside of your room. This is certainly not acceptable and is not indicative of the type of service we are accustomed to providing. We have placed brand new 42” LED TV in our all guest rooms to provide the best entertainment experience for all our hotel guest. All of our rooms are newly renovated to fit all of our guest needs. I will have our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to recheck and make sure that room 208 is up to standards with all of our guest needs. Our deluxe continental breakfast is a complimentary amenity for all our Hotel guests with a wide variety of choices which exceeds a typical Holiday inn express and Suites brand standard. Our breakfast team tries to replenish the food frequently when the hotel is busy with several groups eating at the same time. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to recount the details of your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 301-206-2600. Thank you for your business. We hope that you will give us a second chance should your travels take you back to the Baltimore/Washington area

Sam Malhotra
Davidson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter left her jacket in her room while there on a school field trip. I called every day for 6 days and asked for the Housekeeping Manager, Front Desk Manager and General Manager. I left messages for all of them and they never returned the phone calls. Finally on the 6th day I reached the General Manager. He "checked" with Housekeeping and they said they never saw the jacket. It figures they wouldn't find it. It was a $100 NorthFace jacket. Very disappointed in their actions and reactions!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your daughters jacket. At the time of our phone conversation with the houskeeping manager we indicated there was no jacket found.
We understand how important it is to locate your daughters jacket.
Please let us know if we could be of any further assistance.

Sam Malhotra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 20+ nights over several weeks. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, water pressure was good, near shopping and restaurants. Breakfast choices were adequate. The hot tub was HOT and relaxing. I received a reduced rate upon asking.

The only complaint was the loss of network TV Station signals a few nights.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!