“Very Fine Establishment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Laurel

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Very Fine Establishment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was one of the teachers escorting a group of three 7th grade classes on their annual Washington, DC trip. Besides being a very nioce physical facility, I wish to stress that the staff of the hotel was extremely kind, understanding, and patient with our group, for both nights we were there.
I know from past experiences elsewhere that many hotel staffers try to "run and hide" when they see a group of middle school children barge in with their "baggage" (and not just physical luggage!). But this hotel handled our group and our needs in a most wonderful fashion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
So Glens Falls, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a stopover during a 17 hr road trip. Check in was easy and simple. DON'T stay in room 208!!! Two reasons.

1st The TV is horrendous. All the analog channels were fuzzy and with the exception of a few digital channels most were tiling. Couldn't even watch the nightly news programs.

2nd If there is a party or function you are almost on top of it. And when there's parties, there's noise and music. Not exactly what someone wants to fall asleep to, especially when they can't fall asleep to the crummy TV news. I realize places like this hold functions but please keep this in mind when guests are staying. Most won't want to be nearby and bothered.

As far as the room itself, it was modern but small. The bathroom is tiny. A bigger person may actually have difficulties opening and closing the door without straddling the toilet.

The breakfast, well if they're busy, enjoy your coffee, few sausage links and maybe a small bowl of cereal. That was all we got. Pastries were empty, no eggs. Out of I believe 8 coffee pots I found one with coffee in it. No vending machines. Have to go to the front desk for an overpriced soda.

We traveled with another group. The reservations were made at the same time under the same names yet they had us separated by 3 floors.

I should have asked for a different room but we got there between 6-7pm and we were hungry and my wife was hoping to hit the pool but couldn't because it was FULL with kids playing. I just tried to get some sleep and get out early.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very surprised by the TV issue and the noise level outside of your room. This is certainly not acceptable and is not indicative of the type of service we are accustomed to providing. We have placed brand new 42” LED TV in our all guest rooms to provide the best entertainment experience for all our hotel guest. All of our rooms are newly renovated to fit all of our guest needs. I will have our Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer to recheck and make sure that room 208 is up to standards with all of our guest needs. Our deluxe continental breakfast is a complimentary amenity for all our Hotel guests with a wide variety of choices which exceeds a typical Holiday inn express and Suites brand standard. Our breakfast team tries to replenish the food frequently when the hotel is busy with several groups eating at the same time. I sincerely appreciate that you took the time to recount the details of your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 301-206-2600. Thank you for your business. We hope that you will give us a second chance should your travels take you back to the Baltimore/Washington area

Sam Malhotra
Davidson, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter left her jacket in her room while there on a school field trip. I called every day for 6 days and asked for the Housekeeping Manager, Front Desk Manager and General Manager. I left messages for all of them and they never returned the phone calls. Finally on the 6th day I reached the General Manager. He "checked" with Housekeeping and they said they never saw the jacket. It figures they wouldn't find it. It was a $100 NorthFace jacket. Very disappointed in their actions and reactions!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your daughters jacket. At the time of our phone conversation with the houskeeping manager we indicated there was no jacket found.
We understand how important it is to locate your daughters jacket.
Please let us know if we could be of any further assistance.

Sam Malhotra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 20+ nights over several weeks. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, water pressure was good, near shopping and restaurants. Breakfast choices were adequate. The hot tub was HOT and relaxing. I received a reduced rate upon asking.

The only complaint was the loss of network TV Station signals a few nights.

• Stayed February 2013
Sidman, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Liked the hotel and location however did not enjoy the cold showers i had to take the last two days. And while working in my hotel room doing online training for work there WIFI kicked me off the internet 3 times asking for the wifi code costing me three hours of work.

Room Tip: Stay off upper floors unless you want a cold shower
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Steven K,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are truly sorry for the challenges you experienced regarding the internet service and for any inconvenience you experienced with the shower. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary , AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tried several hotels in Laurel area for business - this is the best so far. Great value for a suite for sure, and the internet actually works (not like the "other" Holiday inn in the area). Had the breakfast once when I was rushed - was edible, but I stayed away from everything except the machine-made fresh pancakes.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, and that's all I was asking for!

Room Tip: Get a suite for sure - lots of room, fridge, microwave, desk and sofa.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was perfect, it was priced right, and located across the parking lot from the bank I had to work in.
But more than price, location or cleanliness, the staff were excellent. Everyone had a smile and a great attitude. The front desk manager, Kasthelin, set the tone. She was outgoing and friendly, and funny. So much better than the last 2 managers I dealt with, at different hotels, in the DC area.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!