“Great Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Laurel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Holiday Inn Express Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were down visiting with family and the hotel was centrally and conveniently located to everywhere we needed to go. The room was clean and well appointed as was the bathroom, the staff we had contact with were all amazing. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Day Inn Express Laurel! The staff was friendly, professional and most importantly my suite was very clean. It was close to several different restaurants, my room had Wi-Fi and all the amenities you could ask for. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kelisa W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Hello Ms Brittney,

Thank you so much for your compliments.It is always a pleasure to take care of all our guests and our team takes great pride to exceed all our guest expectations.
We appreciate your business and look forward to great guests like yourself come back to stay with us.

Sam Malhotra
Bowie, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This a great hotel with a very professional staff. The locaion is centrally located off route 1 in Laurel Maryland. The rooms are clean and well maintained daliy. There is also a lot of great dining with in 5 miles of the property. The has very large meeting rooms to conduct business meeting on a daily basis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

During our 5,000 mile road trip, this Holiday Inn Express was one of our favorites. The rooms had a nice decor and were very clean. The cooling system, Wi-Fi, refrigerator, microwave, etc all worked great. In addition, the location was really great for us. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance. Nice grounds. In addition, the hotel is located adjacent to Granville Gude Park which consists of a small lake (large pond) with a 1 mile walking/jogging path that circles the water. There are plenty of wild/tame ducks and a small playground for youngsters to burn off some excess energy. The check-in/check-out process was friendly and efficient. The free hot breakfast was excellent. Enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: The higher level floors are very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Adam was the only person I found to be responsive and not patronizing or ineffectual. I had to, and I have pictures, stuff my door jams with towels, stack my couch cussions and hang a blanket over the door, WHILE taking sleeping pills and keeping a pillow over my head with my iPod on to cut the noise level to a point that I could sleep for a couple hour period at a time until another door slammed. I AM NOT exaggerating Ms. White!! This establishment has no idea what it means to be a Holiday Inn Express or part of IHG. I only write reviews for exceptional and horrific service and this was truely horrific. I'm used to HIE putting noisy groups in one location bordered by their chaperones. I called no less than 8 times due to a youth group that ran wild from 9pm to 4am EVERY DAY 5 Aug to 8 Aug and NOT one time were my requests effective to stop their running in the hallways and shutting doors in specifically rooms 214 and 216. I have video time stamped around 9 pm ans 2am the same night. When I called the front desk they gave me the usual response, "I'll call their chaperone" not once did I see an adult show up nor did the activity cease. Final straw: on checkout day my paper (that only came two days, was slung against my door and my receipt WITH NAME ADDEESS AND PRIORITY CLUB NUMBER was laying IN the HALLWAY a foot from my door for anyone to get my personal information. Overall, your establishment is a disgrace to the Holiday Inn Express name and I will never stay there and will push for my company to find another location for all there employees that will be working in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear R_C_F_T,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. I am delighted that Adam was attentive to your concerns during your stay with us. I am sorry about the noise caused by other guests as well as the shortcomings of our staff. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was pleased with the cleanliness and decor of this hotel. The room air conditioner was able to keep the room comfortably cool during the heat of August in Washington, DC area. Breakfast had plenty of choices and was kept well stocked at all times. I even enjoyed an after dinner cup of coffee both nights. :) I was looking forward to using the hot tub after a full day of exercising with Body & Soul Fitness instructors, but it was not in working order. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, let me say I seldom complain, I usually go with the flow. I have stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn Expresses ( I was Gold level at one time) and I love their brand until now. I had booked a two double bed room using cash and points for what was supposed to be three adults and one child but an extra small child (small enough to sleep with the adult and the other child) ended up in the mix. The good news is the construction that some have complained about is done. Checked in about 330pm on Sat and when we got to the room it was a King bed with a pullout sofa. I called down to the desk and was told sorry we do not have any two double beds left, this in a hotel that the parking lot was almost empty at the time. The clerk said he would be glad to provide a rollaway and any extra linen/pillows that we would need and that any rooms booked online were not guaranteed the room they had booked so basically tough luck even though I paid for two beds. I could have understood this if I had checked in late that evening but this was at 330pm. At 6pm a bus pulls up with some type of track team which is probably why all of a sudden our room which I booked and checked in for ahead of them was not available. Add to that a life guard at the pool the size of our room who kept his earphones on (I am not talking about earbuds but the full earphone) except to get after a kid for jumping (not diving) into the pool and kids who tried to use goggles. He then called a ten minute adult swim every hour (I am not making this up) in a four foot approx 10x12 pool, even when there were just kids in the pool. The hot tub when on splashed water all over the floor and when the water got too low the lifeguard would get up and turn on the water to fill it back up. After dinner, we called down for the extra linen, towels and pillows. We waited for about forty-five minutes,my sister went down to smoke and check on the linens. She came back angry with a couple of sheets and said the desk now said they were out of pillows, blankets, rollaways diaster and towels. Fortunately, we had pillows in the car and a sleeping bag. Then we pulled out the sofa bed to find a leaning frame that would barely support one person. A support person came up with a blanket and a pillow while this was going on and stated there should have been extras in the drawers but there were none. So we ended up with three in the king bed, one on the sofabed and one on the floor, not a happy group of people. Then for a nightcap for the evening the toilet stopped up but security was quick to come up and fix it. Next morning breakfast was slow going because the staff kept bringing out a small amounts of what was empty when they looked (in a full hotel) so by time that came out everything else was empty. So you had alot of people standing around waiting for hot food. Now for the icing on the cake, the kids wanted to swim a little before we left so we went down only to find that the pool did not open until 5pm! Are you kidding me? Who makes up these hours? All in all nothing but trouble with this hotel. My sister called Holiday Inn on Monday (we did not go thru management because of the tough luck attitude of the staff) and they would only refund my original points not the ones I paid for (used 10000 and basically bought 15000) which was more. I am not happy with this arrangement but what can I do the room was already paid for so I was stuck there and have no recourse now. But I will use Holiday Inn Express with a leery eye from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelisa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated by our team.
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of services and facilites. We try our level best to exceed all our guest expectations.

Your comments are important to our organization, as we rely on you, our guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better to exceed all guest expectations.

I would like to make this matter right with you and bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.
Please feel free to contact us at the hotel and I will be more than happy to dicuss.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

Sam Malhotra
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurel? Share your experiences!