“A Disaster from the beginning” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14402 Laurel Place, Laurel, MD 20707 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Richmond, Virginia
“A Disaster from the beginning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, let me say I seldom complain, I usually go with the flow. I have stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn Expresses ( I was Gold level at one time) and I love their brand until now. I had booked a two double bed room using cash and points for what was supposed to be three adults and one child but an extra small child (small enough to sleep with the adult and the other child) ended up in the mix. The good news is the construction that some have complained about is done. Checked in about 330pm on Sat and when we got to the room it was a King bed with a pullout sofa. I called down to the desk and was told sorry we do not have any two double beds left, this in a hotel that the parking lot was almost empty at the time. The clerk said he would be glad to provide a rollaway and any extra linen/pillows that we would need and that any rooms booked online were not guaranteed the room they had booked so basically tough luck even though I paid for two beds. I could have understood this if I had checked in late that evening but this was at 330pm. At 6pm a bus pulls up with some type of track team which is probably why all of a sudden our room which I booked and checked in for ahead of them was not available. Add to that a life guard at the pool the size of our room who kept his earphones on (I am not talking about earbuds but the full earphone) except to get after a kid for jumping (not diving) into the pool and kids who tried to use goggles. He then called a ten minute adult swim every hour (I am not making this up) in a four foot approx 10x12 pool, even when there were just kids in the pool. The hot tub when on splashed water all over the floor and when the water got too low the lifeguard would get up and turn on the water to fill it back up. After dinner, we called down for the extra linen, towels and pillows. We waited for about forty-five minutes,my sister went down to smoke and check on the linens. She came back angry with a couple of sheets and said the desk now said they were out of pillows, blankets, rollaways diaster and towels. Fortunately, we had pillows in the car and a sleeping bag. Then we pulled out the sofa bed to find a leaning frame that would barely support one person. A support person came up with a blanket and a pillow while this was going on and stated there should have been extras in the drawers but there were none. So we ended up with three in the king bed, one on the sofabed and one on the floor, not a happy group of people. Then for a nightcap for the evening the toilet stopped up but security was quick to come up and fix it. Next morning breakfast was slow going because the staff kept bringing out a small amounts of what was empty when they looked (in a full hotel) so by time that came out everything else was empty. So you had alot of people standing around waiting for hot food. Now for the icing on the cake, the kids wanted to swim a little before we left so we went down only to find that the pool did not open until 5pm! Are you kidding me? Who makes up these hours? All in all nothing but trouble with this hotel. My sister called Holiday Inn on Monday (we did not go thru management because of the tough luck attitude of the staff) and they would only refund my original points not the ones I paid for (used 10000 and basically bought 15000) which was more. I am not happy with this arrangement but what can I do the room was already paid for so I was stuck there and have no recourse now. But I will use Holiday Inn Express with a leery eye from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelisa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated by our team.
We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Laurel are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality of services and facilites. We try our level best to exceed all our guest expectations.

Your comments are important to our organization, as we rely on you, our guest to tell us how we are doing and how we can better to exceed all guest expectations.

I would like to make this matter right with you and bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter.
Please feel free to contact us at the hotel and I will be more than happy to dicuss.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs.

Sam Malhotra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a refurbished Comfort Inn. A little on the old side (smallish bathrooms) but nice rooms and excellant decor. Great staff and breakfast buffet (need a little more space for tables). Only gripe was advertised Wi-Fi that didn't work after the first day. Bummer.

Room Tip: Check to make sure room is receiving Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Oxon Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was fortunate to stay at this hotel for four days. The customer service was excellent, the king size bed I had was very confortable and the complimentary breakfast looked great. They also allow pets! Now that is huge for me because my pet means so much to me.

Room Tip: The King size bed was great, but I'm sure the other beds are too.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel staff was awesome! Everyone on staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept. Breakfast was great. I highly recommend this hotel. The location was great if visiting D.C. Traffic from hotel was not bad at all.

At the time of our stay there was no ESPN. My husband and son were looking forward to the sports channel after a long day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Niskayuna, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed in this so-called hotel for one night in June 2012 due to flight cancellation from BWI. All area hotels were booked due to a tornado and this was the closest hotel I found. Two hours after promising to send a shuttle bus to pick us from BWI, I called again only to find the shuttle came and left without picking us ..WOW !!! Anyway, was so tired to argue, took a taxi to the hotel and here comes the ordeal. Apparently, a number of travellers checking in at the same time thus , undestandably, causing the staff some confusion. However, once I stepped in the room, it smelled terribly bad; I almost threw up. I tried to bear it, but in 5 minutes I could not and was down at reception asking for replacement. They gave me another room on the same floor, smelled the same; only difference was that the toiler this time was NASTY. I am usually very careful about commenting but this time it has to be put this way. I simply ended up sleeping in my jeans as I was not comfortable touching anything there, unbelievable !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel? Share your experiences!