Now when reading this review, please understand that we stayed here for a youth hockey tournament. The reason for such a poor review is that they were perfectly willing to allow our club to rent 80% of their rooms three months prior; however, were unable to handle or service our club. The idea of having a hotel 3 minutes from a skating facility which host dozens of tournaments a season and not having the staff, the knowledge or facilities to handle such a group is just poor business. The hotel called the police on parents and children who were congregating by the indoor pool/atrium area while the kids played knee hockey. The hotel was also connected to an Outback Steakhouse which was fantastic but closed precisely at 11:00 pm - leaving the parents with no other choice but to go back to the hotel. Please understand that I can not comment about staying here by your self and with your family; however, if you plan on choosing this hotel for any hockey tournaments, group functions, etc - go elsewhere!
Also, the group booking included breakfast. My son and I arrived to the lobby to find no clean plates, dirty tables everywhere, and staff unsure where to go. Again, my point is that the hotel knew that they were 80% by a hockey club, with the other 20% being a Baptist Church group (actually felt bad for them) yet they were unprepared to serve breakfast to a large group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Laurel-West hotel a 2007 Intercontinental Hotels Group Renovation Award winner. This full service Laurel, MD hotel is conveniently located at I-95/Rt 198W, exit 33B. Whether you are going to Washington DC or Baltimore, we are centrally located to both locations with easy access. Great amenities corporate guests expect, including complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and newly refreshed fitness center. Take refreshing dip in our indoor heated pool in our spacious atrium. Begin your day at Atrium CafÃ© with a great breakfast, kids 12 and under eat free. Coming 1st quarter 2009 all Platinum and Gold Priority Club members will have access to the 6th floor Executive Club Lounge. A relaxing upscale space, the club level lounge offers complimentary breakfast, d oeuvres and variety of beverage options. End your busy day with a spectacular dinner onsite at Outback Steakhouse. Cheer on local sports teams including the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards or the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Other local attractions include Laurel horse racing track, Gardens Ice House and Fairlands Athletic Complex. Area business include: UPS, Verizon, Fort Meade, Dreyer s Ice Cream, John Hopkins Applied Physics/Kossiakoff and Lockheed Martin. Local business parks include Sweitzer Lane and Tech Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laurel West-i-95/Rt 198w Hotel Laurel
- Laurel Holiday Inn