“right price and good service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Smithfield, VA
“right price and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This a good value with pleasant and helpful staff. The hotel is connected to an Outback Steakhouse restaurant and bar right off the lobby as if it is the hotel's restaurant. The location is convently on I95 just between Washington and Baltimore.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Good afternoon Jethehokie, thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC hotel. We know that you have many choices when it comes to hotels in our area - and we sincerely appreicate you choosing to stay with us. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay!! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff, the best motivation comes from our guests!!

Thank you again, and we do hope to see you here the next time your travels bring you to the Laurel/Washington DC area.

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Washington DC. The room was big and nice. The bathroom was clean and good. The good thing is it is not far from DC. It is better than your normal 2 star chain hotels. We had a sound sleep which was what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Good afternoon Luckyady, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, as well as sharing your experience regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. I want to thank you for the great review you gave our hotel - your response is the type of experience we want every guest to have!!

We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and have a wonderful day!!
Portsmouth, VA.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast was very good. I picked this hotel for use of my accummulated HIG points. I took my grandsons for a Washington visit of the Smithsonian. We had ajoining rooms. My daughter in laws room had a toilet that didn't flush correctly. We told the staff and they plunged it. did not help. We told them they could use ours for the evening (being family) and we would be gone all day the next day and they could take care of it then. We got back late the next day and no one even knew about the bad toilet. They could seperate us on different floors. I am a Platinum Elite member and I didn't just purchase those points to get there. I honor the loyalty program. I do expect attention when there is a problem. Other than that it is a good hotel. The AC units are very noisy.

Room Tip: All rooms are equal just check everything before you unpack
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Good evening TomDPortsmouth_VA, thank you so much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West, as well as sharing your kind words from your experience. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments - the best way of improving is to hear it directly from our guests. I want to apologize for the maintenance issue you encountered and to reassure you that this was an isolated incident and not the normal for us. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer as well as his staff to educate them on exceeding guest expectations and bringing them that "WOW" factor.

We sincerely hope you will come back and see us again in the near future. Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel West!!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Spacious rooms, comfy bed, clean bathroom, Outback restaurant on property, good buffet breakfast w super sausage..... Hotel is also very well located off I95 not far from BWI airport and near College Park. Short drive to DC or Baltimore.

Highly recommend.
......

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon mshnaya, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. I want to thank you for the accolades you gave our hotel and our staff, but also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better. The best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests!! Please feel free to stop by and see us again the next time you are in Laurel.

Again, thank you for your response, and I hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to the area!!
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Holiday Inn Laurel West is conveniently located to I-95 but quiet enough for a good night of sleep. And the quality of the (queen) beds certainly adds to that--along with the generous-size rooms and bathroom. Breakfast is perfectly adequate and served overlooking the large (indoor) pool. Staff both at breakfast and at the reception are more than helpful and friendly; check-out is a breeze.
At the end of a long travel day we took advantage of the Outback Steakhouse right next door and can certainly recommend its food and beers.

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferable.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Good day German_Retiree, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West and sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate you staying with us, and we are also very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, our staff is very friendly and focuses on making each guest experience a great one!! I will be sure to share your sentiments with our staff. Any and all feedback - both positive and constructive - is the best way for us to improve both our service and our facilities. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the Holiday Inn Laurel West!! Have an awesome day!!
Big Island, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was my third trip to this hotel and it keeps improving with every visit. My initial complaint was the loud HVAC system that kept me awake all night, but that seems to have been corrected. The rate is quite attractive, about half the weekday amount charged at the same quality hotels five miles north in Columbia. The Outback Steakhouse is adjacent to the hotel with an entrance right off the lobby. The room was spacious, clean, well appointed and the king bed comfortable. The WiFi worked flawlessly. Rt 198 goes by the hotel and provides quick access east to the Ft. Meade, NSA, area -- a trip of about 10-15 minutes even in rush hour -- keeping you off of I 95 or Rt 32 that are jammed at rush hour. Desk clerks were helpful and acted like they were glad to see you. Will go back next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good afternoon AFRTS, I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as sharing your experience and travels regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. We take pride in providing the best possible service we can at all times in the hopes that our guests will return time and time again.We also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better because the best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests!!

We cant wait to see you again the next time you are in Laurel, have a wonderful day!!
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Friendly staff. The rooms are clean and quiet as long as you are not on the atrium. Breakfast is good and breakfast staff are friendly. This hotel has some of the best rates in the area. Attached is an Outback Steakhouse (which is not very good)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you for the kind words in regards to your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. We strive to make every single guest extremely satisfied and provide the absolute best service possible. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and if there is anything we could have done better, please be sure to reach out to us and let us know!! Our staff will be thrilled to hear they expressed you, from our great breakfast to our clean rooms!!

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Laurel Maryland!!

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W? Share your experiences!