“Good for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Rosemount, Minnesota
“Good for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was halfway between Baltimore and Washington DC and I wanted to visit both cities. It's not close to a whole lot- there is an Outback connected to the hotel and a gas station next door. The room was clean. The staff was the best part- really friendly and helpful with information about the area. Fresh baked cookies in the afternoons- and breakfast was free, which I wasn't expecting so that was a nice surprise. Overall for the rate that I paid (which was an advance purchase rate) it was well worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good afternoon Jenny B, first of all, thank you so much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West!! We know you have many choices in the area, and we certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us!! Secondly, thank you for the kind words and great review of our property. Our staff works very hard to make every guests' experience one that will bring them back again and again - and we do hope so see you again on your next trip to Laurel Maryland!! Have an excellent week!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Williamsport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel is fine, not much not to like, although it probably is overdue for updates in some of the hallways and rooms - carpet, AC units etc. My room was roomy, quiet, and comfortable. Strange layout for this type of hotel with a prominent indoor atrium which features a smallish pool. I imagine this could get noisy at times so I wouldn't want an atrium room since I like to go to bed early.

Anyway I was amazed by the free breakfast buffet in the morning, really really good especially compared to the, excuse me, powdered-egg crap you get with most free hotel-chain breakfasts.

Room Tip: avoid the atrium
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Good day, I wanted to take a moment and thank you for sharing your recent experience while here at the Holiday Inn Laurel! It sounds as though you would certainly return, but I also wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with our staff in order to keep them constantly focused on providing a "hassle free" and accommodating stay!

I want to thank you again for the great feedback you gave our hotel and I hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Laurel Maryland!!
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Specifically chose the hotel for the indoor pool. The day we arrived the heater in the pool had been out for at least 2 days and when we inquired on repair we were told up to 10 days more! The hospitality was completely lacking. Literally only one staff member initiated a "hello". When I asked the front desk what was available to do in the area, her response was "there's nothing here". Breakfast way overpriced. Not even an in room safe. I found out the last day of my stay that you could have access to a fridge and microwave in a STORAGE room down the hall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Good day, I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Laurel. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. Let me start out by apologizing for the pool and service you received while staying here.

Normally, we have no issues with our pool but unfortunately the heating element did shut down and the replacement part took 6 days to receive. I know that this does not change your experience, but I can assure you that this issue has been addressed. I hope that you will forgive us as this is most certainly an isolated incident.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Laurel!
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very quiet stay with a great nights sleep and rest. The rooms and the property were well kept and very clean. The pool was being serviced during our stay which was not an inconvenience for us, but certainly could have been for families. The complimentary breakfast was very adequate, but it was very disappointing to see the property pass out to go boxes that folks completely overfilled. I even hesitate to report what it looked like.....Others in the breakfast room also made the same observation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good day, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. We strive to make every guests' experience one in which they will come back again and again - as well as recommend us to others. Based on your comments, you did enjoy your stay except for your F&B experience. Let me start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. I have shared your comments with our F&B Director so he can take this opportunity to share your comments with the entire team - this way they can hear first hand what can happen when they lose focus.

Thank you again for your comments and choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon, have a glorious week!
McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice Holiday Inn but the internet service was horrible! I could not get any work done whatsoever on my laptop. Took forever to load a page. Last day there, saw a baby roach crawling around. Uggghhhhh....this is why I never put my stuff on the floor!

Anyway, Outback is attached to the hotel so that was convenient and the food was good. Breakfast is highly overpriced, especially if all you want is fruit and coffee. You would do better going elsewhere unless you want the convenience of going downstairs.

Free parking and internet so you can't beat that these days!

Housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and nice. This was the first time I left a tip for housekeeping. She kept my room spotless and she had a lot to work around (I bring a lot of fitness stuff when traveling). Front desk staff was blah. I think the manager didn't even bother to speak to me, nor smile, but the other lady did and she smiled, too.

Would I recommend? Yep, for business. Nothing romantic whatsoever. It's not close to much of anything. You WILL have to drive at least 5 miles to get to major shopping areas BUT it's right off the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room close to the wireless routers for the internet service. Otherwise, you can kiss in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Good day, let me start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us, as there are many options available in the Laurel area - we sincerely appreciate your business. We also appreciate any and all feedback we get from our guests - both positive and constructive - as we want to always be striving to improve. I want to apologize for the apparent lack of internet connectivity during your stay here at the hotel. I have taken this opportunity to share your comments with our internet provider to ensure they review the necessary steps to ensure we meet our expectations and exceed our guests' expectations.

Again, I do apologize for not providing our commitment of a hassle free stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what great service we do provide the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, MD.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Could be a good choice if you are traveling on business, but not particularly suited for casual or family travelers with children. Room was fairly comfortable but no fridge or microwave in room. Very little choice for breakfast or morning coffee unless you go for the full breakfast in the dining room. In either case it is a bit expensive unless you are on a business expense account.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon, thank you for your response regarding your recent stay here in Laurel, MD. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. We strive for "Excellent" service and want every guest to leave us "Extremely Satisfied"!! Based on your comments I see we did not exceed your expectations of our property and for that I am sincerely apologetic. I have shared your comments with our entire management staff to ensure they take this opportunity to coach, focus, and mentor their team on what we could have done to be more proactive and anticipate your needs better.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Maryland!
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good bargain with clean and neat room. I like the small swimming pool inside the hotel which is good for child. Free coffee inside room. Helpful frontdesk staff. Convenient from highway. No good that have no fridge inside the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good day, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel West for your traveling needs and thank you for the kind words about our staff and property. We strive for excellence in service and want every guest to leave extremely satisfied. I would also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better because the best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Laurel Maryland area!!

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area? Share your experiences!