“A little tweaking could make it 4” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
McDonough, Georgia
“A little tweaking could make it 4”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice Holiday Inn but the internet service was horrible! I could not get any work done whatsoever on my laptop. Took forever to load a page. Last day there, saw a baby roach crawling around. Uggghhhhh....this is why I never put my stuff on the floor!

Anyway, Outback is attached to the hotel so that was convenient and the food was good. Breakfast is highly overpriced, especially if all you want is fruit and coffee. You would do better going elsewhere unless you want the convenience of going downstairs.

Free parking and internet so you can't beat that these days!

Housekeeping staff were extremely friendly and nice. This was the first time I left a tip for housekeeping. She kept my room spotless and she had a lot to work around (I bring a lot of fitness stuff when traveling). Front desk staff was blah. I think the manager didn't even bother to speak to me, nor smile, but the other lady did and she smiled, too.

Would I recommend? Yep, for business. Nothing romantic whatsoever. It's not close to much of anything. You WILL have to drive at least 5 miles to get to major shopping areas BUT it's right off the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask to get a room close to the wireless routers for the internet service. Otherwise, you can kiss in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good day, let me start by thanking you for choosing to stay with us, as there are many options available in the Laurel area - we sincerely appreciate your business. We also appreciate any and all feedback we get from our guests - both positive and constructive - as we want to always be striving to improve. I want to apologize for the apparent lack of internet connectivity during your stay here at the hotel. I have taken this opportunity to share your comments with our internet provider to ensure they review the necessary steps to ensure we meet our expectations and exceed our guests' expectations.

Again, I do apologize for not providing our commitment of a hassle free stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what great service we do provide the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, MD.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Could be a good choice if you are traveling on business, but not particularly suited for casual or family travelers with children. Room was fairly comfortable but no fridge or microwave in room. Very little choice for breakfast or morning coffee unless you go for the full breakfast in the dining room. In either case it is a bit expensive unless you are on a business expense account.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon, thank you for your response regarding your recent stay here in Laurel, MD. I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. We strive for "Excellent" service and want every guest to leave us "Extremely Satisfied"!! Based on your comments I see we did not exceed your expectations of our property and for that I am sincerely apologetic. I have shared your comments with our entire management staff to ensure they take this opportunity to coach, focus, and mentor their team on what we could have done to be more proactive and anticipate your needs better.

Again, thank you for your response. I do hope that you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Maryland!
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good bargain with clean and neat room. I like the small swimming pool inside the hotel which is good for child. Free coffee inside room. Helpful frontdesk staff. Convenient from highway. No good that have no fridge inside the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good day, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel West for your traveling needs and thank you for the kind words about our staff and property. We strive for excellence in service and want every guest to leave extremely satisfied. I would also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better because the best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Laurel Maryland area!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I travel alot ! This Hilton was exceptional. King room was large and very clean. Memory foam mattress was great and the shower head had my husband writing down what it was so we can buy one . All of the staff from Frances at the front desk to housekeeping were wonderful.Value was Excellant ask for vouchers for their real breakfast the eggs are real and the fruit was sweet.We travel 95 back and forth from new Jersey to Florida and will stay here again. (And there's an Outback next door)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear LCS1016,

I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. I make it a point to review all guest comments and reviews in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. I want to thank you for the kind words about the property, breakfast, and our staff, but also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better. The best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests!!

We cant wait to "WOW" you again the next time your travels bring you to the Holiday Inn Laurel West!!!
Albion Park, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

his was a stop over as part of a 3 day bus trip before we moved onto Washington DC the next morning. The cost was part of the package so I cannot comment on the value.
The room was dirty, we found food under a lounge chair and food hand prints on the furniture. The rest of the room and furniture was clean.
The room and bathroom was a good size and the bedding comfortable.
There was a Steak House on the grounds of the hotel, but we did not get a chance to try the food.
If looking for and overnight stay you could give this one a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day,

First of all, thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Laurel Maryland. But, also let me apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have a very clean and well maintained property with an outstanding staff that truly cares about each and every guests' experience. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure we take this opportunity to coach and focus our teams on the importance of attention to detail, exceeding expectations, and following our service first culture. We hope your travels bring you back to our property the next time you are in the Laurel area, have a fantastic day!
south river, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Front desk was polite. Rooms were ok, small but clean decent size doubles. Tv didn't work so well. Lifeguard was very rude. Pool is only open 2-8. And you don't want a room that opens to pool too noisy. Breakfast was eh so so. Price was a little high for the amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Zanyce,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your recent experience. I like to review all of our guest comments and we sincerely appreciate feedback anytime we can get it, both positive and constructive, as it keeps us focused on what we need to do better to continually improve our facilities and service. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and with our pool company to ensure all of our guest have a pleasant experience when staying with us.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Laurel!!
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The lobby of this hotel has recently been refurbished and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is clean and fine. The pillows are horrible. They are way too big/fluffy for a normal person. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but acceptable and cool. My big complaint is that I called down with the light over my sink out. Maintenance did come right away but said they would have to return later since they would have to take off the light fixture to replace the light bulb. I told them I needed it right away since I was checking out later and needed the light to brush my teeth, put on make-up... They did not come back. I had to drag the floor lamp over and plug it in as close to the area as possible. There is not a lot of room in that area and the lamp casts shadows all over. I was really disappointed. Is it really that hard to change a light bulb???

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the indoor pool can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good day,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty as a Holiday Inn guest!! We strive for excellence in service and we certainly hope that is what you received. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to your light but I wanted to ensure you it wasn't from a lack of trying. Upon further investigation we had to replace the ballast in your light fixture, this process can take a little time and create a little bit of a mess. This was the reason our engineer didn't return until after you had left. I sincerely apologize for you having to use the standing lamp for your light source and we hope that you will come back to visit us the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, MD. Have a great day and thank you again!!

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area? Share your experiences!