“Stay Here!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Los Angeles, California
“Stay Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I travel alot ! This Hilton was exceptional. King room was large and very clean. Memory foam mattress was great and the shower head had my husband writing down what it was so we can buy one . All of the staff from Frances at the front desk to housekeeping were wonderful.Value was Excellant ask for vouchers for their real breakfast the eggs are real and the fruit was sweet.We travel 95 back and forth from new Jersey to Florida and will stay here again. (And there's an Outback next door)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear LCS1016,

I wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. I make it a point to review all guest comments and reviews in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. I want to thank you for the kind words about the property, breakfast, and our staff, but also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better. The best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests!!

We cant wait to "WOW" you again the next time your travels bring you to the Holiday Inn Laurel West!!!

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Albion Park, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

his was a stop over as part of a 3 day bus trip before we moved onto Washington DC the next morning. The cost was part of the package so I cannot comment on the value.
The room was dirty, we found food under a lounge chair and food hand prints on the furniture. The rest of the room and furniture was clean.
The room and bathroom was a good size and the bedding comfortable.
There was a Steak House on the grounds of the hotel, but we did not get a chance to try the food.
If looking for and overnight stay you could give this one a try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good day,

First of all, thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Laurel Maryland. But, also let me apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have a very clean and well maintained property with an outstanding staff that truly cares about each and every guests' experience. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure we take this opportunity to coach and focus our teams on the importance of attention to detail, exceeding expectations, and following our service first culture. We hope your travels bring you back to our property the next time you are in the Laurel area, have a fantastic day!
south river, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Front desk was polite. Rooms were ok, small but clean decent size doubles. Tv didn't work so well. Lifeguard was very rude. Pool is only open 2-8. And you don't want a room that opens to pool too noisy. Breakfast was eh so so. Price was a little high for the amenities.

• Stayed July 2013
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Zanyce,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your recent experience. I like to review all of our guest comments and we sincerely appreciate feedback anytime we can get it, both positive and constructive, as it keeps us focused on what we need to do better to continually improve our facilities and service. I will certainly share your comments with our staff and with our pool company to ensure all of our guest have a pleasant experience when staying with us.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Laurel!!
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The lobby of this hotel has recently been refurbished and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is clean and fine. The pillows are horrible. They are way too big/fluffy for a normal person. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but acceptable and cool. My big complaint is that I called down with the light over my sink out. Maintenance did come right away but said they would have to return later since they would have to take off the light fixture to replace the light bulb. I told them I needed it right away since I was checking out later and needed the light to brush my teeth, put on make-up... They did not come back. I had to drag the floor lamp over and plug it in as close to the area as possible. There is not a lot of room in that area and the lamp casts shadows all over. I was really disappointed. Is it really that hard to change a light bulb???

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the indoor pool can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Good day,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty as a Holiday Inn guest!! We strive for excellence in service and we certainly hope that is what you received. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations in regards to your light but I wanted to ensure you it wasn't from a lack of trying. Upon further investigation we had to replace the ballast in your light fixture, this process can take a little time and create a little bit of a mess. This was the reason our engineer didn't return until after you had left. I sincerely apologize for you having to use the standing lamp for your light source and we hope that you will come back to visit us the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, MD. Have a great day and thank you again!!
Western PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our experience with Holiday Inns over the last 20 years has been that they are old and over-priced and just average. We stayed here 2 nights, had a beautiful clean comfortable room. The hotel staff was great. The pool was nice but oddly placed in the middle of the hotel next to the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Good afternoon, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West- we sincerely appreciate you staying with us. In addition, thank you for the review regarding your experience. We strive to have every guest leave extremely satisfied in the hopes that you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our area. We appreciate the feedback - both positive and constructive - as it gives us an opportunity to focus on what is important to you.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you next time when your travels bring you to Laurel Maryland!!!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The minute we arrived at this hotel the staff made us feel welcome! Natashia, was exceptionally professional and friendly. She asked me if I need water and/or snacks. She and the newly hired trainee checked us in and promply assisted where neccessary. Natashia gave me information about tips on places to eat in Baltimore. I can truely say that me and my family enjoyed our stay here at the Laurel in West!

Thanks,

Pat

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good day, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West, we are so happy to hear you and your family had such a wonderful time! I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and memorable experiences for all of our guest. I will definitely share your comments with all of our staff including Ms Natacha, who is our front office manager.

Again, thank you for your response, and we hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to the Laurel, MD area!
mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a week long stay at this hotel. The overall experience has been positive. The beds are comfortable, the location is convenient. However the front desk showed inconsistent services. Natasha is good, she seemed to care that the guests have a good stay. However, the girl at the front desk during most nights while we were there was cold, she acted like she really didn't want to be there and didn't want to be bothered with.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Good day, I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to the Laurel MD area. Secondly, please except my apologies for not providing you and your family exceptional service during the entire time you were on property. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guest but unfortunately did not meet or exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with both Ms. Natacha, our Front Desk Manager, who always goes above and beyond to assist all of our guest; and the young lady mentioned above in order to help coach along her development so incidents like this wont happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope you choose us the next time your travels bring you to Laurel!!

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W? Share your experiences!