“Family vacation in MD and DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Baltimore, Maryland
“Family vacation in MD and DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The minute we arrived at this hotel the staff made us feel welcome! Natashia, was exceptionally professional and friendly. She asked me if I need water and/or snacks. She and the newly hired trainee checked us in and promply assisted where neccessary. Natashia gave me information about tips on places to eat in Baltimore. I can truely say that me and my family enjoyed our stay here at the Laurel in West!

Thanks,

Pat

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Good day, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West, we are so happy to hear you and your family had such a wonderful time! I make it a point to review all guest comments and responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and memorable experiences for all of our guest. I will definitely share your comments with all of our staff including Ms Natacha, who is our front office manager.

Again, thank you for your response, and we hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to the Laurel, MD area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
mn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a week long stay at this hotel. The overall experience has been positive. The beds are comfortable, the location is convenient. However the front desk showed inconsistent services. Natasha is good, she seemed to care that the guests have a good stay. However, the girl at the front desk during most nights while we were there was cold, she acted like she really didn't want to be there and didn't want to be bothered with.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Good day, I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to the Laurel MD area. Secondly, please except my apologies for not providing you and your family exceptional service during the entire time you were on property. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to all of our guest but unfortunately did not meet or exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with both Ms. Natacha, our Front Desk Manager, who always goes above and beyond to assist all of our guest; and the young lady mentioned above in order to help coach along her development so incidents like this wont happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope you choose us the next time your travels bring you to Laurel!!
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. The outside was well maintained and there was plenty of parking.The front desk was very helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean and housekeeping made sure the rooms continued to stay that way each day. The hotel was in a great location with access to various cities, stores, and restaurants. The only downside was the pool hours. Overall I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. While waiting for my car to be repaired the hotel continued to provide a positive experience. Thank You!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Good day, thank you so much for staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. We know you have many choices in the Laurel area, and we certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us! Secondly, I want to thank you for the great review you gave our hotel and our staff, but also ask if there is anything we could have done to make your stay better. The best way we can improve what we do is with feedback from our guests! Our staff works very hard to make every guests' experience one that will bring them back again and again - and we do hope so see you again on your next trip to Laurel Maryland! Have an excellent day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

my stay at Holiday Inn Laurel West was a wonderful stay the customer service was wonderful they was polite they remember my name my room number they asked me with everything okay they checked up on us the breakfast was wonderful all you can eat buffet. miss Natasha she was wonderful she was polite and she make sure if you need anything she make sure that you'll stay at Holiday Inn is good. miss Stephanie she's wonderful also she's nice she's polite and Mr Jeff I'm remembering these three because they was so wonderful doing my stay at Holiday Inn so I encourage everyone to go enjoy your stay at Holiday Inn Laurel West because I did you have a wonderful day. Peaches

• Stayed June 2013
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel, and thank you for sharing your experience and accolades. We sincerely appreciate any and all feedback and comments - both positive and constructive - as it gives us an opportunity to focus on areas where we can improve the guest experience and our overall service. We strive for excellence in service, and we certainly hope that is what you received. I will definitely share your comments with Natacha, Stephanie, and Jeff as they pride themselves on providing a hassle free stay for all our guests. We hope to see you the next time your lodging needs bring you to the Laurel area. Have a wonderful day!
Colebrook, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I was not very impress by the people at the front desk... Not very welcoming or helpful...they made me feel it was wrong to book with Hotwire instead of booking directly with them!!!

Also the room was very nice and clean, very comfy bed, all you need for a great night during business trip...

I would have prefer a room away from the pool because kids were very noisy until pretty late; but it was fine.. They simply had fun!!!

The wifi Internet was very average and slow unfortunately...

Nice flat screen TV...

I didn't pay the $12 for breakfast buffet.,. Plenty of restaurant nearby with more affordable options!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here, and thank you for sharing your experience. I make it a point to review all guest responses in order to keep our staff always trying to improve our service and our property. From your comments, it sounds as if we did not live up to your service expectations, and I am sorry for that - sincerely. I have spoken with our Front Office manager, Natacha, in order to help train/coach our employees on their interactions with guests. This was an isolated incident that wont happen again. Thank you again for your response and I hope you will choose our property the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, MD!!
Sterling Heights, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was worried about this one because I'd read so much negative stuff on TripAdvisor. When I arrived, Natacha gave me a huge smile and welcomed me. Even though Holiday Inn has recently changed its Priority Club program, and it is harder to earn points, Natacha treated me like I was a member of a royal family. She offered me a bottle of water and asked if I'd stayed with the hotel before. I explained that I'm on the road 200 nights a year and frequently in Baltimore, but that I'd never been to this particular hotel. She gave me another huge smile and said that my room rate didn't include breakfast but that she "would MAKE it happen" and slid a buffet coupon into my key card envelope. I also love that she automatically made me two keys. I have a theory that, if you take only one key, it won't work. If you take two, they'll both work (this is not exclusive to Holiday Inn). I have already checked out my meeting room tomorrow and it is set just right.

I think some people were unnecessarily negative because the beds are the standard, thinner mattresses popular in hotels about 10 years ago. The linens are clean and the décor is more 1990s than 2013, but it is perfectly acceptable and the staff is charming and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in the number 10. I was originally given a room ending in the number 03 and th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West and sharing your experience, we sincerely appreciate it. I make it a point to review all comments and reviews of our hotel to constantly keep our staff focused on improving our service and our product, your feedback will certainly give everyone a reason to smile. As you mentioned, our staff is very friendly and focuses on making each guest experience a great one! I will be sure to pass your comments on to Natacha, our front office manager, for a job well done. If there is ever anything our staff can do to make your stays better - please be sure to let one of us know. Have a great day!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

All staff is EXTREMELY rude and will not help with anythin or won't even give you extra towels or blankets bathrooms are terrible. Toilets don't flush and shower is just absolutely terrible. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good day, let me start out by apologizing for the experience that you had here at our hotel. If you read below at the many accolades we receive regarding our service and our staff, this is certainly out of the norm - but it obviously did take place - and again for that, I do sincerely apologize. I can tell you , with all honestly and confidence, that what you experienced is certainly not what we train our staff to provide, nor is it what we expect. We strive to make every guests' stay memorable, but in a positive way!!! I am going to be sure to share this with our team so they can see what happens if we are not on our "A" game at all times. Thank you and have a great day!

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area? Share your experiences!