“A 2 hour lunchtime stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Laurel
“A 2 hour lunchtime stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had meeting nearby so stopped here to do some work. As it turned out, the restaurant was closed but the staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful, providing me with a coffee, helping me get wifi set up etc. Cannot comment on rooms as did not stay but very impressed by the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gyrod H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Good day, thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff here at the Holiday Inn Laurel West. We truly take pride in going above and beyond for all of our guest. Whether staying with us or stopping by for a quick meeting, you are considered family as soon as you step through our doors. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff as they will be very delighted to hear they made someone's day! Thank you again for the great accolades and have a excellent day!

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Convenient hotel to Interstate 95 and the Olney Theater, which was my reason for staying here. Service was fine, a small fitness center was acceptable. But the bed was one of the worst I've ever slept on. It was some foam concoction with absolutely no give. It was like sleeping on a sheet of plywood. Or should I say lying on a sheet of plywood, because it was impossible to get comfortable enough to sleep. I would have felt no different sleeping on a hard floor. If you've got a long drive ahead of you, look somewhere else, because you will not leave rested.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your business. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our beds. We receive many positive comments about them. We appreciate your opinion and feedback.

John De Piro

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Chester,va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Holiday Inn Laurel West Maryland has been my home for several months now 4 days at a time. The facilities are first class to include an Outback Steak House not only on premises but physically included in the building, no going out in the weather for dinner. The amenities include a indoor pool, weight room with modern equipment, coffee bar in the lobby and breakfast served in the morning.(and free cookies for guests).
The staff is friendly and accommodating, striving to make your stay enjoyable and pleasant. Should one in arrive in the afternoon during the week you will most likely be welcomed by Tina, she will see to all of your needs. Everyone else is just as hospitable I just see Tina more often.
The location is convenient to both Baltimore and D.C. located just off I 95 at the Laurel/ Burtonsville exit. There is a massively large parking lot with room for tractor trailers. Easy off and on.
Making reservations has always been a pleasant and quick task. It helps to be a Priority Club member as far as expediency is concerned.
Accommodating in the areas of handicap and microwave/ refrigerator upon request.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are quieter, room service is available, pool side rooms convenient for moms and dads.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for utilizing our hotel for long-term stays. We appreciate your repeat business & loyalty as a Priority Club member. Our team will certainly enjoy your comments regarding their friendliness & attentiveness. Tina is a seasoned hospitality professional and will be very pleased with your comments as well. Thank you again. We are honored to be your home away from home.

ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family of three had a chance to stay overnight on last minute notice at this Holiday Inn and we were not disappointed. I was able to get a room at a very good rate and the hotel staff -- very courteous. The room was spacious and the bathroom area was a good size; the beds were HEAVEN! We all slept very well and enjoyed the bedding. My only suggestion would be to replace the carpet, it did look a bit warn and the padding underneath felt lumpy in certain areas. Although the hotel is located close to the interstate, we did not hear any outside noise from traffic. I was able to use the hotel business office/facilities to print our airplane boarding passes, it's a nice quaint area that satisfied my need. We did not get a chance to eat at the hotel restaurant for breakfast, nor dinner at Outback; but overall, if we need to stay at a hotel again in this area.... we would certainly choose this spot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Laurel-West. We are elated that you found the hotel to be spacious, the team courteous, and that you loved our beds. We hope that you will return soon.

Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the night of March 29, 2013 as part of a bus tour group. Location appeared to be suburban so if you want to go anywhere, you have to drive. The website said it offered shuttle service but we didn't ask about that nor tried. We liked that there was an Outback steakhouse on the property. There's also an Exxon gas station with a small convenience store if you need to buy any necessities. It's about a 30-40 minute drive to Washington DC, about 10 minute drive to strip malls, stores, restaurants.
Hotel, beddings, air conditioning, bathroom, toiletries, linens were all adequate, clean, nicely appointed. Hotel is not new but, again, clean as well as well-kept and well-maintained. Biggest thing for me is that i didn't see any bugs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. It was nice to read that you enjoyed the property and its location. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams will appreciate that you found the hotel to be clean. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.

Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while my daughter was at a swim meet at University of Maryland. It was better than I expected. We really enjoyed how the Outback was attached to the hotel and found this very convenient. There were no other restaurants super close, that was a little bit of an inconvenience. The beds were extremely comfortable. My teenager daughter has commented numerous times since our stay how comfortable those beds were. I have to agree with her on that. All in all the hotel exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your business. I hope that your daughter’s swim meet went well. We appreciate you mentioning that we exceeded your expectations. We receive quite a bit of positive feedback regarding the comfort of our beds and the convenience of having an Outback Steakhouse on-site. We will be ready to serve should your travels take you back to the suburban Baltimore/Washington area.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for three nights. I usually like Holiday Inn's but not this one. When I checked in I asked about large groups and requested a quiet floor. I am always courteous and friendly. It was clean and room/bed was comfortable. The issue I had was noise. They take many sports teams so there were young kids running up and down the halls and slamming doors until quite late. An adjacent room collected what seemed like a dozen shrieking girls that stayed up into the 2-3 am hours. Calls to the desk were responded to but not enough to stop the noise until I offered to call the police to handle the matter. Then finally at 3:20 am there was quiet. Perhaps it was coincidental it got quiet, I'll never know, but one shouldn't have to resort to such things.
My advice is to chose another hotel unless you are with a sports team and then by all means please stay here!

• Stayed March 2013
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for posting a review. It was nice to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and the bed comfortable. I am sorry about the noise issues that you experienced. I have notified our Director of Security. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to the Laurel area. Thank you for your business.

John De Piro

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W? Share your experiences!