“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Tampa, Florida
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It has been well over 20 years since I have stayed at a Holiday Inn, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I am a frequent traveler, typically staying at Marriott branded hotels, but this hotel was close to where I was going, so I booked it.

Lobby is comfortable and the rooms are quite nice- they even have TemperPedic beds. The beds were nice enough that I will look for other Holiday Inn's in the future.

From a negative standpoint, holiday inn still seems like a cheaper hotel. The in room soaps/toiletries are horrible, the bathroom needs updating and there were some maintenance issues.

Finally, the breakfast was big, but seems like the chef cooks everything at once, fills the buffet and goes on to other things. Would it hurt to fill the buffet more than once?

But other than those items, it is an acceptable and nice hotel for the price point.

• Stayed February 2013
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for re-discovering our brand. It was nice to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Our breakfast presentation and selection are extensive and our beds are a great asset. I will pass along your comments to our Chef and Chief Engineer. We appreciate your feedback as well as your business. Each helps our team prosper. We hope that you will return to the Holiday Inn brand for all future travel needs.

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice spacious room and a fabulous bed. My complains are there are no microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. This is the 21st century. I was brought one but it should be a given that these come in all rooms. Also having Lifetime Movie Network would be an added bonus. The pet fee is high but ..... Other than that it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Laurel-West. We value your business and appreciate the positive praise. We do offer an extensive morning breakfast and having the Outback Steakhouse attached is a great asset. We hope to become your home away from home. Thanks again!

Northern VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The beds are THE most comfortable, the breakfast is excellent; none of that cold bagel and a orange stuff. They have a small buffet of good hot food. Not to mention there is an Outback Steakhouse next door.
Natasha, the hotel manager is very accommodating and extremely professional. My stay @ the Holiday Inn Luarel West was great............5stars for me!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
WOW! Thank you for the very kind review. Natasha is an outstanding ambassador to all of our guests and to the local community. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the breakfast in our Café as well as the convenience of having the Outback Steakhouse attached to the hotel. We appreciate your review and look forward to your return in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for four days attending a business conference. The conference facilities were satisfactory. The supplied food was good quality, fresh and satisfying in that I am a vegetarian. The staff were friendly and efficient and made the stay enjoyable. The major disappointment was the quality of the internet service. Staying in Room 406 I had no internet connection most of the time. Enquiring of other guests I discovered that some did have service and some did not. Thye service is intermittent and unreliable. This is an important issue for the busines traveller and marred what would have been a good stay.

Room Tip: Room 406 looks out on a roof
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for recounting the details of your recent stay. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the quality of our food and that you found our staff to be friendly & efficient. I have forwarded your comments regarding the internet service to our Chief Engineer. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

New Oxford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found my stay at this hotel to be a great one. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the room is equipped with HD TV. The hotel also has an indoor pool and a fitness room. Dining was easy after a long days work being attached to an Outback Steakhouse.
Thanks Natacha for a pleasant checkout.

Kevin Reisler

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the amazing review! Natacha takes great pride in customer service. Every guest that visits the Holiday Inn-Laurel West is a priority. It was gratifying to read that you enjoyed dining at the Outback Steakhouse and that you were able to utilize many other amenities on site. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a single night business stay.

The Internet Connection was very unreliable. Constantly off and on.

This Hotel used to be a Best Western. Rooms are basically the same. They’re nice. Carpets are clean, as well as the rest of the room. The heat is effective and quiet. Flat Screen TV with a good channel selection. (About 60 Channels.)

Very large work area with one lonely electrical outlet in the lamp. There were, however extra outlets next to the bed. The only issue was, you have to be careful where you plug in your chargers. All the lights run off of a single switch. If you throw the switch, and are plugged into the wrong outlet, your chargers shut down with the lights. But it’s easy to deal with. Just turn off the individual lamps, and leave the switch on.

No Microwave or Fridge in my room, but didn’t need them for a single night.

The Bed was clean and comfortable, and I got a good nights sleep. The Bathroom was quite small, but the water was hot, and the pressure was good.

This is a full service Hotel. There’s a restaurant in the Hotel, an Outback Steakhouse connected, and a Gas Station Convenience store on the corner. I didn’t have a chance to look around, but I didn’t see anything else in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We just made some upgrades to our internet system. Refrigerators and microwaves are available on request. It was nice to read that you found the hotel to be clean, the heating unit to be efficient and effective, and the shower pressure to be strong and temperature satisfactory. We do receive many positive comments on the comfort of our beds. Our channel line-up includes an array of HD channels. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed with my stay at the holiday inn in laurel. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Natasha was wonderful and provided great customer service. The rooms were very nice and clean as well as the hotel. Every where i went in the hotel there was always someone available offering service. I have been to several hotels with different star ratings and this has definitely been one of the best. Thanks to all the staff here they are great.

• Stayed January 2013
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your time and generous review. Natacha is a great asset to our team and will be elated with your feedback. It was also refreshing to read that you found the staff to be friendly & professional and that you felt that the property was clean. I will pass along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and to the rest of the team. Thank you again. We look forward to your return.

John De Piro

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W? Share your experiences!