It has been well over 20 years since I have stayed at a Holiday Inn, but I was pleasantly surprised.
I am a frequent traveler, typically staying at Marriott branded hotels, but this hotel was close to where I was going, so I booked it.
Lobby is comfortable and the rooms are quite nice- they even have TemperPedic beds. The beds were nice enough that I will look for other Holiday Inn's in the future.
From a negative standpoint, holiday inn still seems like a cheaper hotel. The in room soaps/toiletries are horrible, the bathroom needs updating and there were some maintenance issues.
Finally, the breakfast was big, but seems like the chef cooks everything at once, fills the buffet and goes on to other things. Would it hurt to fill the buffet more than once?
But other than those items, it is an acceptable and nice hotel for the price point.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laurel West-i-95/Rt 198w Hotel Laurel
- Holiday Inn Laurel West-i-95/Rt 198w Hotel
- Holiday Inn Laurel
- Laurel Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Laurel-West hotel a 2007 Intercontinental Hotels Group Renovation Award winner. This full service Laurel, MD hotel is conveniently located at I-95/Rt 198W, exit 33B. Whether you are going to Washington DC or Baltimore, we are centrally located to both locations with easy access. Great amenities corporate guests expect, including complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and newly refreshed fitness center. Take refreshing dip in our indoor heated pool in our spacious atrium. Begin your day at Atrium CafÃ© with a great breakfast, kids 12 and under eat free. Coming 1st quarter 2009 all Platinum and Gold Priority Club members will have access to the 6th floor Executive Club Lounge. A relaxing upscale space, the club level lounge offers complimentary breakfast, d oeuvres and variety of beverage options. End your busy day with a spectacular dinner onsite at Outback Steakhouse. Cheer on local sports teams including the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards or the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Other local attractions include Laurel horse racing track, Gardens Ice House and Fairlands Athletic Complex. Area business include: UPS, Verizon, Fort Meade, Dreyer s Ice Cream, John Hopkins Applied Physics/Kossiakoff and Lockheed Martin. Local business parks include Sweitzer Lane and Tech Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.