“Reasonable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Newcastle, Australia
“Reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for four days attending a business conference. The conference facilities were satisfactory. The supplied food was good quality, fresh and satisfying in that I am a vegetarian. The staff were friendly and efficient and made the stay enjoyable. The major disappointment was the quality of the internet service. Staying in Room 406 I had no internet connection most of the time. Enquiring of other guests I discovered that some did have service and some did not. Thye service is intermittent and unreliable. This is an important issue for the busines traveller and marred what would have been a good stay.

Room Tip: Room 406 looks out on a roof
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for recounting the details of your recent stay. It was nice to see that you enjoyed the quality of our food and that you found our staff to be friendly & efficient. I have forwarded your comments regarding the internet service to our Chief Engineer. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New Oxford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found my stay at this hotel to be a great one. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the room is equipped with HD TV. The hotel also has an indoor pool and a fitness room. Dining was easy after a long days work being attached to an Outback Steakhouse.
Thanks Natacha for a pleasant checkout.

Kevin Reisler

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for the amazing review! Natacha takes great pride in customer service. Every guest that visits the Holiday Inn-Laurel West is a priority. It was gratifying to read that you enjoyed dining at the Outback Steakhouse and that you were able to utilize many other amenities on site. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a single night business stay.

The Internet Connection was very unreliable. Constantly off and on.

This Hotel used to be a Best Western. Rooms are basically the same. They’re nice. Carpets are clean, as well as the rest of the room. The heat is effective and quiet. Flat Screen TV with a good channel selection. (About 60 Channels.)

Very large work area with one lonely electrical outlet in the lamp. There were, however extra outlets next to the bed. The only issue was, you have to be careful where you plug in your chargers. All the lights run off of a single switch. If you throw the switch, and are plugged into the wrong outlet, your chargers shut down with the lights. But it’s easy to deal with. Just turn off the individual lamps, and leave the switch on.

No Microwave or Fridge in my room, but didn’t need them for a single night.

The Bed was clean and comfortable, and I got a good nights sleep. The Bathroom was quite small, but the water was hot, and the pressure was good.

This is a full service Hotel. There’s a restaurant in the Hotel, an Outback Steakhouse connected, and a Gas Station Convenience store on the corner. I didn’t have a chance to look around, but I didn’t see anything else in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We just made some upgrades to our internet system. Refrigerators and microwaves are available on request. It was nice to read that you found the hotel to be clean, the heating unit to be efficient and effective, and the shower pressure to be strong and temperature satisfactory. We do receive many positive comments on the comfort of our beds. Our channel line-up includes an array of HD channels. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed with my stay at the holiday inn in laurel. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Natasha was wonderful and provided great customer service. The rooms were very nice and clean as well as the hotel. Every where i went in the hotel there was always someone available offering service. I have been to several hotels with different star ratings and this has definitely been one of the best. Thanks to all the staff here they are great.

• Stayed January 2013
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your time and generous review. Natacha is a great asset to our team and will be elated with your feedback. It was also refreshing to read that you found the staff to be friendly & professional and that you felt that the property was clean. I will pass along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and to the rest of the team. Thank you again. We look forward to your return.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for 4 days while house renovations were done. Large rooms, great high tech foam bed. However, the airconditioner was extremely noisy, so much so that we turned it off after the first night. Everytime it cycled on, it woke me up. The room temperature was maintained without it, but it the summer, you'd have to run it to keep the room cool. Nice indoor pool area, but needs a jacuzzi. Breakfast on your on dime, but overall reasonable room rate.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Our rooms are generally large in size and our atrium does provide a great view of our indoor pool. We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the bed but were not pleased that your AC was loud and that it may have cost you some sleep. I have forwarded your comments to our Chief Engineer. Please feel free to contact me through our switchboard if I can be of any assistance. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return again soon.

Petersburg PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed a several Holiday Inns and have had no real complaints. However, although the room and building was fine, there were some things that they should have done a better job with.
I was getting ready to shower and discovered there was no shampoo. Luckily, I had some in my makeup bag. However, my companion in another room had no shampoo or soap! He called down and was told someone would bring some. No one ever came. I guess it is the duty of the customer to check these things out before you really need them but honestly, it should not be hard to have a check-off list for the maids to make sure all is right.
The Fitness room was very mediocre. Not what I would expect for a Holiday Inn. Dirty with not much equipment.
I attended a conference there and during a bathroom break was dismayed to see paper towels all over the floor as the bin had not been emptied.
I had decided based on other reviews not to eat here.
I did get good help when I called about WIFI not showing up. I was directed to choose another server.
Room was dark which I like. AC worked which was good because it was stuffy and hot when I walked in. However, it was VERY loud!

Room Tip: Fifth floor was fine
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper regarding not having the proper expendable/bathroom supplies. Our lobby restrooms are checked several times throughout the day. We will take a closer look at our service times. Our gym is cleaned throughout the day as well. Most of our cardio equipment is no more than three years old. I am sorry about the challenges you experienced during your visit. Theses type of issues are not customary. Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly (through our switchboard) at any time. Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Convenient location between Washington and Baltimore. Fine Hotel with many amenities. The Gym room was refreshing and the pool was unique. The pool is located indoors in a courtyard setting. You can see your family swimming from some interior rooms around and above the pool.
Our room was spacious, clean and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast selection was good and tasty. For dinner the Outback Restaurant is connected to the hotel. WiFi worked well, Staff was friendly and attentive. Would recommend and will visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Laurel-West. I was elated when I read your review. As a team we look forward to earning your business again and again in the future. Thanks again.

John De Piro

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W? Share your experiences!