“Not Bad” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Houston, Texas
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was a single night business stay.

The Internet Connection was very unreliable. Constantly off and on.

This Hotel used to be a Best Western. Rooms are basically the same. They’re nice. Carpets are clean, as well as the rest of the room. The heat is effective and quiet. Flat Screen TV with a good channel selection. (About 60 Channels.)

Very large work area with one lonely electrical outlet in the lamp. There were, however extra outlets next to the bed. The only issue was, you have to be careful where you plug in your chargers. All the lights run off of a single switch. If you throw the switch, and are plugged into the wrong outlet, your chargers shut down with the lights. But it’s easy to deal with. Just turn off the individual lamps, and leave the switch on.

No Microwave or Fridge in my room, but didn’t need them for a single night.

The Bed was clean and comfortable, and I got a good nights sleep. The Bathroom was quite small, but the water was hot, and the pressure was good.

This is a full service Hotel. There’s a restaurant in the Hotel, an Outback Steakhouse connected, and a Gas Station Convenience store on the corner. I didn’t have a chance to look around, but I didn’t see anything else in the immediate area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We just made some upgrades to our internet system. Refrigerators and microwaves are available on request. It was nice to read that you found the hotel to be clean, the heating unit to be efficient and effective, and the shower pressure to be strong and temperature satisfactory. We do receive many positive comments on the comfort of our beds. Our channel line-up includes an array of HD channels. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

John De Piro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I was amazed with my stay at the holiday inn in laurel. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Natasha was wonderful and provided great customer service. The rooms were very nice and clean as well as the hotel. Every where i went in the hotel there was always someone available offering service. I have been to several hotels with different star ratings and this has definitely been one of the best. Thanks to all the staff here they are great.

• Stayed January 2013
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your time and generous review. Natacha is a great asset to our team and will be elated with your feedback. It was also refreshing to read that you found the staff to be friendly & professional and that you felt that the property was clean. I will pass along your comments to our Executive Housekeeper and to the rest of the team. Thank you again. We look forward to your return.

Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for 4 days while house renovations were done. Large rooms, great high tech foam bed. However, the airconditioner was extremely noisy, so much so that we turned it off after the first night. Everytime it cycled on, it woke me up. The room temperature was maintained without it, but it the summer, you'd have to run it to keep the room cool. Nice indoor pool area, but needs a jacuzzi. Breakfast on your on dime, but overall reasonable room rate.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Our rooms are generally large in size and our atrium does provide a great view of our indoor pool. We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the bed but were not pleased that your AC was loud and that it may have cost you some sleep. I have forwarded your comments to our Chief Engineer. Please feel free to contact me through our switchboard if I can be of any assistance. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return again soon.

Petersburg PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed a several Holiday Inns and have had no real complaints. However, although the room and building was fine, there were some things that they should have done a better job with.
I was getting ready to shower and discovered there was no shampoo. Luckily, I had some in my makeup bag. However, my companion in another room had no shampoo or soap! He called down and was told someone would bring some. No one ever came. I guess it is the duty of the customer to check these things out before you really need them but honestly, it should not be hard to have a check-off list for the maids to make sure all is right.
The Fitness room was very mediocre. Not what I would expect for a Holiday Inn. Dirty with not much equipment.
I attended a conference there and during a bathroom break was dismayed to see paper towels all over the floor as the bin had not been emptied.
I had decided based on other reviews not to eat here.
I did get good help when I called about WIFI not showing up. I was directed to choose another server.
Room was dark which I like. AC worked which was good because it was stuffy and hot when I walked in. However, it was VERY loud!

Room Tip: Fifth floor was fine
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper regarding not having the proper expendable/bathroom supplies. Our lobby restrooms are checked several times throughout the day. We will take a closer look at our service times. Our gym is cleaned throughout the day as well. Most of our cardio equipment is no more than three years old. I am sorry about the challenges you experienced during your visit. Theses type of issues are not customary. Please do not hesitate to contact my office directly (through our switchboard) at any time. Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate your business.

Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Convenient location between Washington and Baltimore. Fine Hotel with many amenities. The Gym room was refreshing and the pool was unique. The pool is located indoors in a courtyard setting. You can see your family swimming from some interior rooms around and above the pool.
Our room was spacious, clean and bed was very comfortable. Breakfast selection was good and tasty. For dinner the Outback Restaurant is connected to the hotel. WiFi worked well, Staff was friendly and attentive. Would recommend and will visit again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Laurel-West. I was elated when I read your review. As a team we look forward to earning your business again and again in the future. Thanks again.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in transit and got to spend only a day here, but the hotel is very impressive. Everything is taken care of, from free wifi to conveniently located ice dispensers, a nice plush and spacious room which came with an LCD TV.

I was in room 501 which is located above the main entrance. Did not have much of a view but did not expect anything for a night's visit.

The hotel staff is courteous and efficient. The lobby area is small but well maintained and beautiful. Did not try the restaurant or the adjoining stakehouse.

The bathrooms are very clean and well stocked with all the toiletries. Although the motorized shower-head was a it noisy and we did spot an insect of some kind in the bathroom the next morning.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face some kind of parking lot, so doesn't make much difference
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
John_DePiro_15101, General Manager at Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your very kind comments. We do offer free Wi-Fi and free parking. All of our rooms have flat panel LCD TV’s. It was nice to hear that you felt that the lobby was beautiful and that our staff was efficient. I have passed along your comments regarding the shower to our Chief Engineer. Thank you for your business. We look forward to your return.
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Reviewing tends to be pointless because by and large you get what you pay for. The Holiday Inn Laurel West was rated No 2 in Tripadvisor for Laurel when I booked. I was in Laurel in order to visit friends. What to say? The room was large and the price relatively little. The complimentary breakfast was inedible unless you stuck to toast and cereal. The hotel was worn in parts though the room was largely clean. Parking was free and extensive. There was a nice Outback Steakhouse Restaurant adjoining. It was all OK for the price but hard to be enthusiastic.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your candid comments. Our rooms are relatively large. We are connected to an Outback Steakhouse for the convenience of our guests and we do offer free parking. Thank you for mentioning that your room was clean. Our last renovation was completed in 2009. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast. I have passed along your comments to our Chef. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back as your home away from home.

John De Piro

Been to Holiday Inn Laurel West - Washington DC Area? Share your experiences!