We stayed at the this hotel as part of a group participating in a soccer tournament in Columbia, MD. My first impression was that the entry way was unusual. The main door was a wide automatic entry door. The second entry door was a narrow single door off to the side which needed to be opened manually. This was inconvenient especially when carrying a lot of luggage/equipment into the hotel.
Check-in was smooth and without issue. Our room was clean and had temporpedic mattresses. However, the sink had very little counter space. The separate bathroom and shower area was clean and had plenty of towels. The A/C was located at the back of the room and was restricted due to the partial walls set up in the back of the room between the sink and living areas. In addition, the curtains over the A/C unit were too long. As a result, they filled with air when closed, further restricting the flow of air in the room. The breakfast buffet was adequate and the service was good.
I have a serious complaint regarding the Staff at the front desk and how they essentially LIED to me about the operation of the indoor pool. Our sons' wanted to use the pool early Saturday afternoon after a hard fought soccer game. In fact, the availability of an indoor pool was one of the reasons we chose this hotel!!! A woman at the front desk told the boys, and myself soon thereafter, that they have been having problems with the pump all weekend and that the pool was closed since the heater was not working. First off, I checked the water before talking with the front desk and noted that it was warm. In addition, I spoke briefly with the life guard the night before and no problems were noted. The woman also told me that it was unavailable for the rest of the day. Around 4:30 pm on Saturday afternoon, a funny thing happened!! I noticed the lifeguard entering the pool area. I asked the lifeguard about the pool operations and whether they were having any problems with the pool. He explained that the pool would be open from 5 to 10 pm on Saturday and that they were not having any problems with the pool! Soon thereafter, the lifeguard assumed his post at the side of the pool as he did the night before when I first spoke to him! I hate being LIED to!!!!! I do not know who the woman was at the front desk, but she out and out LIED about the pool operations to me and to the boys!!
I do not appreciate this kind of treatment at all! I try to be fair with people. However, after being lied to I am livid.
Holiday Inn, you should know better!!!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laurel West-i-95/Rt 198w Hotel Laurel
- Holiday Inn Laurel West-i-95/Rt 198w Hotel
- Holiday Inn Laurel
- Laurel Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Laurel-West hotel a 2007 Intercontinental Hotels Group Renovation Award winner. This full service Laurel, MD hotel is conveniently located at I-95/Rt 198W, exit 33B. Whether you are going to Washington DC or Baltimore, we are centrally located to both locations with easy access. Great amenities corporate guests expect, including complimentary high-speed Internet, business center, and newly refreshed fitness center. Take refreshing dip in our indoor heated pool in our spacious atrium. Begin your day at Atrium CafÃ© with a great breakfast, kids 12 and under eat free. Coming 1st quarter 2009 all Platinum and Gold Priority Club members will have access to the 6th floor Executive Club Lounge. A relaxing upscale space, the club level lounge offers complimentary breakfast, d oeuvres and variety of beverage options. End your busy day with a spectacular dinner onsite at Outback Steakhouse. Cheer on local sports teams including the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards or the Baltimore Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium. Other local attractions include Laurel horse racing track, Gardens Ice House and Fairlands Athletic Complex. Area business include: UPS, Verizon, Fort Meade, Dreyer s Ice Cream, John Hopkins Applied Physics/Kossiakoff and Lockheed Martin. Local business parks include Sweitzer Lane and Tech Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Laurel West-I-95/RT 198W reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.