“Our group experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Our group experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our group (32 people) stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Laurel Md for two nights - July 26 & 27 as we attended the Red Sox/Orioles baseball games. The hotel was very well kept, my room consisted of a king bed, sofa, desk, refrigerator, micro wave and safe. The housekeeper did a great job in cleaning my room. Despite other reviews, I did not hear any train noise. I was in room 322. The breakfast which was just okay. This consisted of coffee, apple & orange juice, hot and cold cereal (packages of oatmeal) small muffins and danish, a waffle maker, sausage patties (don't get there too early as the sausages need time to heat up), yogurt and hard boiled eggs in the refrigerated section. Personally, I like some type of eggs rather than hard boiled. The front desk staff was very friendly. No restaurant at the hotel and the only places to purchase food is a pizza shop and a seafood restaurant - they are within walking distance. Otherwise, it is a very long walk to other eating establishments. There is an indoor swimming pool and an exercise room at the hotel. Some of the group did use these facilities.
I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Shermans Dale, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business. I work construction so I have a work van with all my tools in it. The first night I parked directly in view of the lobby and cameras and the first day sometime between 4:30 and 8:00 the van was broken into. Yes it was still light out and the thieves broke the lock out of the back door and stole over 2000 dollars worth of tools and of coarse the hotels security cameras recorded nothing. After talking to other contractors in the area I found out this happens on a daily basis. Thanks for the warning hotel staff. Also, their wifi was terribly slow and the rooms are very outdated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great place, Friendly check in staff and friendly house keeping. Rooms were very clean and large. Large in door pool. could not ask any better from Sleep Inn!!! Thanks for a great stay!!! My only problem I just didn't like Laurel, Maryland at all. I am from Mt. Airy, NC and I am use to people being nice and friendly. I can tell people from this area are not!!!!

Room Tip: Reserve your room ahead of time. They will have the A/c on for you!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Saint Rose, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Called before I arrived as I was told there would be a parking problem because of bus in lot. The Staff went out of their way to make sure I would have a place to park (large Uhaul). When I got to the hotel manager was waiting and moved 1 of the staff's car to allow me a place to park. I then went in to check in and found I had messed up my reservation up (same day but next month) clerk went the extra mile to assist me to get a new reservation and upgraded room. Room was large, clean and very nice. (Yes the train goes by a couple of times at night, but you can just hear it in the background. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: higher rooms are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights April, 2013. Room was clean and decent size. They will need to be careful about maintenance because fixtures are not high quality. There was some noise from adjoining rooms but not bad. Breakfast area is small. The pool was good, just a bit cloudy. We had previously stayed at another "suites" at almost twice the price and were very disappointed there. This is an excellent alternative if you are not coming to spend the day in a hotel room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was really a nice place, but if you can't sleep through a train whistle then you are in trouble! They fail to tell you that it goes right by the hotel all night long. If you are a light sleep like I am forget it. Otherwise it was really clean and decent. Price was good for the services.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
east Tn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Sleep inn an suites is worth the drive out of Wash. DC. Make sure you go to the on north 2nd. st. The rooms have always been clean. Pool is abit small but kids like it and I can water walk. Breakfast always well stocked and the lady is helpful, my last stay I had arm in sling so she fixed me a waffle, and carried plate to table. Staff has always pleasant and helpful. Wire less is slow in some rooms but you can borrow a cable from front desk. Hats off to manager Mr. KK and head housekeeper Miss Amy.

Room Tip: non smokers stay away from 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!