“Worst Hotel Stay I Ever Had” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Laurel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9860 Washington Blvd, Laurel, MD 20723   |
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Laurel

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here at this location. The staff was exceptionally friendly and went over and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. I had a little trouble finding my reservation, but after the desk clerk handled the mistake, everything else was smooth sailing. I woul;d def reccomend this hotel to any of my collegues, friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms in the interior section are well taken care of
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DaysInnMgmTeam, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. We hope to become your home away from home on your business travels, if they should bring you to our area in the future.
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay with my thirteen year old daughter for her hockey tournament. When we first entered our room, there was an overpowering smell of shampooed carpets that lasted the entire time we were there. The bottom part of my daughter's bed had some type of stain on it which resembled vomit. During our first night the room across the hall from us was rented to a group of people who entered with a large blender and multiple bottles of alcohol. Approximately 10 - 15 people, many who were extremely drunk, were constantly coming and going from this room. The next two and one half hours were a nightmare. My daughter and I could not sleep due to yelling and doors slamming. Finally a huge fist fight happened between four men that started in the room and continued into the hallway outside our door. My daughter was terrified and begged me to call someone for help. Using the phone in the room, I tried calling the front desk by pushing the button on the phone only to find out that it did not work. I then tried the emergency button which also did not work. I then called the front desk multiple times using my cell phone but nobody ever answered it. Police officers (six of them) were finally called (not sure by who) and the party was finally over. The occupants were asked to leave due to things having been broken in the room. Police officers left and the occupants took another HOUR to clear out of the room - still slamming doors and yelling. At 3:30 a.m. (three and a half hours later) all was finally quiet and we were able to go to sleep. The next morning I had to alert the young lady at the front desk that the floor in the vending room was covered in broken glass and had drops of blood on it. The elevator floor was dirty and sticky from spilled beverages. I asked to speak with the manager and was told that one would not be on site until Monday. I explained to the lady everything that happened and wanted to be reassured that the occupants were no longer on our hallway for the next night. She assured me that they had been asked to leave and were now on the "do not rent to" list. Our second night there was quiet and we were able to get a decent night of sleep. Upon check out I was never asked how my stay was or anything of the sort. I will never stay here again and I will make sure that this hotel is taken OFF the list of possible places to stay for the annual girls hockey pony tail tournament that takes place in Laurel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnMgmTeam, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I can assure you that saftey is not one of a common issue for our establishment. If you would like to personally discuss your problems, please do not hesitate to contact us directly via e-mail; Dilaurel@Hotmail.com or by phone: (301)-725-0769 ext 402.

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a large group for a girls ice hockey tournament. 20 rooms in total booked for the team,families and coaches. On the first night, many of the families were bothered by knocks on the room doors from people outside of our group "looking for the party" and two in our group were threatened when refusing to open the door. Calls to the front desk were met with indifference. At 2:30 am, the second floor turned into a brawl from the party everyone was looking for. Police were called. Very disruptive and dangerous. The following morning, there was still blood and broken beer bottles in the hallway. Again, calls to the front desk were met with indifference and rudeness. The following night, the teams pizza party, which was supposed to be in the meeting room, was moved, with no warning, to the lobby and staff was belligerent and dismissive when asked for an explanation. We, a group of families with young children, were penalized for the actions of an unrelated groups inability to control themselves and a staffs unwillingness to listen to concerns over safety before it was too late. Additionally, housekeeping had to be tracked down on foot (the phones did not work in several of out rooms) to get them to clean the rooms. Ours, despite me going three times to housekeeping still only had one bed made and no trash cans emptied. This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that safety is not a common issue of our property. However, we cannot control the behavoir of some guests that choose to stay with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. If you would like to personally discuss your problems, please do not hesitate to contact us directly via e-mail; Dilaurel@Hotmail.com or by phone: (301)-725-0769 ext 402.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Laurel? Share your experiences!