“New & improved location, even better food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 151 restaurants in Laurel
Laurel, Maryland
“New & improved location, even better food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My first visit to Mango's Grill since they're relocated was even better than I had anticipated. The seafood enchiladas were delicious - enormous chunks of lump crab meat. Fantastic service, too. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited April 2013

86% Recommend
NavyMike89
“Excellent food and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Went there for Saturday Brunch and the food was great. Had the fish tacos and they were filling. You will get plenty of food so you will not walk away hungry. The sangria was good. Not super sweet like at some places that just throw stuff in the fruit wine mix then adds sugar. They also have a full bar. Its not much to the place as far as decor but it is clean and open. You'll be happy with whatever you order. Oh ask what the specials are because they have some good ones.

Visited April 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I ate here recently based on glowing reviews on Yelp. However, we were not impressed. The atmosphere is very generic, which we can overlook if the food and service are good. Unfortunately that was not the case. Our waiter said a total of 4 words to us the entire time (drink, order, thank you). No one checked on us while we were eating. They weren't super busy, so I don't know why the service was so poor. My food was good, but my husband's was not. He ordered the chicken tacos and the chicken tasted like it came out of a can. We both agreed that the tacos at Taco Bell taste better. We will not be returning.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Flavorful options...but nothing too thrilling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Mango's Grill for our anniversary dinner. Yes, I know what you are thinking: could we not have chosen a more classier dining establishment? Well, we both love authentic Mexican food, and we heard this place was fantastic, so we went for it.

The location is annoying. The map app on my iPhone led me to the wrong place when I typed in Mango's Grill; perhaps the map needs updating... The front of the restaurant looks relatively unattractive and dreary. No festive signage or loud music greeting you. Just another cookie cutter restaurant in a shopping center...

The service was fine. They messed up our check at the end and charged us for two margaritas instead of one, but they quickly fixed it for us.

The one margarita (house) was of decent quality--nothing too spectacular.

The food was surprisingly simple. True, the flavors were great in the Mango Special Burrito that I ordered, but all I received in the burrito was meat and sauce. Nada más! How is that "special" in any way? My wife did enjoy her chicken taco and enchilada, but not enough to scream "rico". We did split a delicious pupusa, but it is very difficult to produce a bad pupusa. The one positive element was the salsa. Very tasty. The chips were slightly too stale for my liking, though.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Decent mexican place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love carne asada so much, juicy and tasty. Chicarron con yuca and complementary salsa are just ok. Service is great, we will be back.

• Visited September 2012