“It's a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“It's a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife sometimes thinks that places are good because they've got character. This place had character. The atmosphere shows they've got some sort of hispanic heritage going on.

And that's about all they've got going for them. The food was spicy but not in a good way. The beef tasted like it was deep fried? Really? Deep fried beef? Ugh, just a disgusting experience overall.

Visited August 2012

Columbia, Maryland
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Small, cramped, and just unappealing food. They make an ok Taco and have some decent service. Just cold and not very friendly.

Visited February 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
“An unexpected pleasure (3.5 of 5)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Toucan Taco was a great surprise. From the outside, you may shy away. Don't. The menu offerings were many. I went with my Mom. She has taco's and chili con carne and I had a burrito (chicken and bean) in spicy sauce. Tasted very good. The service was good. While having lunch, there were many who came in for take out. Many regulars were identified by the staff.

I'd return....not sure when I will be in Laurel again, but I'd stop here again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland
“Great food, very fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We go here often for lunch during the work week because the food is very tasty and the service is very fast. You won't find the entrees smothered in melted cheese like some Mexican places. It's just enough to complement the dish, not overwhelm it. This is a family run restaurant. Support your local establishment.

Laurel, Maryland
“Worst Idea Ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had driven by this place multiple times and always wondered how it was still in business. It's disgusting on the outside, as well as on the inside.

My husband and I like to try new places, and I usually go off of reviews on here. Most of the time people are right... but this time, they were wrong! Really wrong!!! Even some of my husband's friend's suggested this place to him. I have no idea why!!

IGNORE ALL GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT THIS PLACE!!!!

First off, the place is nasty! Dirty and gross with really bad furniture.
They use paper plates, plastic utensils, and tins to serve the food. The queso was ok, but probably came from a jar.
The menu is SMALL and is printed on a plain piece of paper.

My husband ordered the sunken beef burrito, which was about 9 dollars. I ordered the chicken quesadilla. My quesadilla came out on a paper plate, and it was actually beef, not chicken. I decided to just suck it up and try it anyways. HORRIBLE! It was dry and too spicy. It tasted like something you could get at 711... not even THAT good!

My husbands burrito resembled something like a frozen burrito you could get at the grocery store. Except smaller. And soaked in grease! Horrible.

It was WAY over priced for disgusting food and horrible service. The people who worked there looked like they just got released from prison!

Take my advice and NEVER go here... EVER!!!!

• Visited December 2010