“Do not miss it!” 5 of 5 stars

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Do not miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were camping near by and was a little skeptical to try it. It is in a plaza and maybe the size of a large grocery store.. All of the employees were very kind. There are about 8 -10 different vendors inside. They have smoked meats, a regular meat counter, bulked foods, a soft pretzel counter, pickles, different kinds of salads.. Fudge, Every kind of cake, fudge, cookie, or dessert you could ever imagine. They also have fruits and vegetables which were all very fresh.. Do not miss it!! They are open Thursday thru Saturday. We live in amish country in Pennsylvania and we have NEVER seen an establishment this good. I heard several people say when we were there, This is HEAVEN ON EARTH! I also saw they had a resturant there too but we didn't have a chance to try it.

Visited May 2013

Safety Harbor, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What an enticing opportunity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was looking for interesting restaurants near Hanover, MD, where we stayed last weekend and stumbled upon the Dutch County Farmers Market. The market is a fun combination of family style restaurant, farmers market and more. Decades ago, I grew up in Maryland and used to go to Amish markets and wanted to see if the experience was similar. I mostly remember my grandmother buying dozens of eggs for her neighbors back then. This Amish market carries bakery items, meats, deli, candy, produce, spices and other baking goods, pickles and so much more. After taking a quick survey of the market, we sat down to lunch. I had a homey and delicious meatloaf plate, with green beans, an exceptional macaroni salad and fresh yeast roll. My husband had a satisfactory crab cake sandwich. The heartbreaker was dessert: rhubarb cream delite. This looked like a standard pudding-based ice box pie. One bite brought tears of "delite". The dessert had a sweet sour cream topping, a rich creamy base, rhubarb filling and what seemed like a sugar cookie crust. Despite being completely satiated, we stopped by the ice cream stand after lunch. I had heard Amish ice cream was good, but we were unprepared for how exceptionally creamy and flavorful our cones were. I made a mad dash through the market and piled on gorgeous strawberries, some lemon chips (like chocolate chips but lemony), almond stuffed olives, potato corn soup mix, and countless bakery items such as gourmet raspberry bread, lemon blueberry pie, rhubarb pie, gourmet raisin bread and coconut walnut cake (oh Lord, was that good!) My daughter, who lives in Takoma Park, MD, had never tried this market, which would be right down her alley. We travel to Maryland a couple times a year and I see this as a must-do treat going forward.

Visited May 2013
Laurel
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The only place I get my meats, the cheese is great too. Would definitely recommend it to anybody who wants to eat really good food at a great price. The best time to go is on Saturday in the morning.

Visited June 2012
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small but great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food products were execellent. Choices were wide and everything seemed to be made fresh. The produce was beautiful and the establishment was clean and fresh. Best to do on a Thur or Fri because Sat was so crowded and parking was hard to find a space.

Visited April 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“While You're Shopping. . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fresh foods, very good service. Noisy with many people tryig to talk over each other & shopping atmosphere.

Visited December 2012