“Motel 6 in DC "Like a war zone and red light district"” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC Northeast - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3510 Old Annapolis Road, Laurel, MD 20724   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Ct
“Motel 6 in DC "Like a war zone and red light district"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Where do I start. I booked this hotel on the phone. I asked if the neighborhood was good and was told yes many times. When I arrived there i could not believe the neighborhood. Very very scary!! There were homeless people and hookers all around. When I got in the place it smelled like bug spray. I was tired and didn't have time to find another place. The receptionist was behind three inch plate glass and she couldn't speak English very well. They charged me 10 dollars more than what i was quoted and the room key didn't work. I had to go back to the desk three times to get one that worked. When i got into the room it was dirty and smelled like bug spray. I was approached by a hooker on the third floor with my 12 year old son and wife standing next to me. we got in the room and locked the door. The next day we checked out at first light never to return again. If you want to be in a war zone with drug dealers, hookers and homeless people all around then this is the place for you. If you want a quiet, clean and well kept place this hotel is not for you. I have never stayed in such a low end hotel like this before.

Thomas Falco

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

This was the absolute worst Motel I have ever stayed at. My room must have been a crime scene that was never cleaned up. Blood was all over the walls in the bathroom, splattered on the door, near the toilet and smeared along the base boards. What appeared to be bullet holes in the walls that were filled with toothpaste or similar? The front door had obviously been kicked in by someone and you could see through a gap that was about 1-1-1/2 inches big at the side on the bottom of the door. The lock was very unsecured. The light fixtures were all missing covers and some hanging off the wall. That was just the room.
I was traveling with another sales person who was in the room adjacent to mine, the first night he was robbed. A man with a gun was pounding on my door all night and I called the front desk and told him of the problem and the man stopped briefly. I was told that the cops would not be able to do anything but tell him to leave, because he had a gun I was afraid to make him upset in fear of retaliation, afterall the bathroom was covered in blood. The people walking around the premises all night long are hookers and obvious drug addicts begging for money or robbing you. I was never more terrified in my life. I have nothing good to say about this place, nothing. I would not recommend my worst enemy to this place.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

I stayed at this Motel 6 for the price and the closeness to DC and Baltimore. I had a room for myself and my husband, a room for my mother, and a thrid for my sister all scattered around the motel. While it was about $50.00 a night, and close to the places I wanted to visit, you do get what you pay for. The staff was very friendly although we had problems getting into our rooms two of the four nights because they didn't program our keys right. My mother's and sister's beds were rock hard and all the showers (no tubs, at least not upstairs) had the showerheads five feet off the ground, making for a very uncomfortable shower. The rooms smelled like aerosol spray and the towels were very harsh. My mother's room had no toilet paper and our remote did not work. The bed in my room was comfortable, however the noise outside all our doors was very loud. Every night there were people walking around and fooling around in the wee hours of the night, waking all of us up at 2 to 4 am. Next time I would skip this motel and pay extra for a cleaner, quieter hotel.

Stayed August 2005
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

My family I was visting Laurel for a vacation. The reason I choose Laurel is because it is approx 20 mins. away from DC, Baltimore and Inner Harbor so I had a lot of things planned for the few days we would be staying there. I thought I would take a chance with Motel 6 because sometimes you can get lucky and get a decent room at a fraction of the cost. Not so with this particular Motel 6. Although the room was the cheapest in the area ($50 per night), the front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the location was right by a variety of stores, the room they gave me literally smelled as if all the furniture and carpeting had dry rotted. There was a big black stain that covered about 1/3 of the carpeting. I immediately asked for a diiferent room and once again I was overcome by the dry rot smell in the carpet and furniture. I asked for another room and they took a little time to find it for me. When they did, it smelled a little better as if they tried to drown the dry rot smell with aerosol spray. I had a toddler who likes to crawl around with me so I kindly took a refund and went to Ramada across the street. You could smell the stench in the lobby of that hotel so I figured the rooms couldn't be much better. I left that hotel before I even checked the rooms so hopefully they are better smelling than the lobby. I hate to give this negative review because I love a good deal and this hotel was the best deal in the area. Fortunately, I called a discount hotel 800 line and they set me up in a room that cost more money (Fairfield Inn Germantown $90) but i got a $40 discount reserving the room with them. It was a beautiful hotel room with many amenities to boot. In the end, you always get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2005

Just because it isn't expensive doesn't mean it shouldn't at least be CLEAN! The shower had mud on the floor, the beds were crooked and worst of all the room smelled like rotting mexican food. If we weren't desperate for a quick room I never would have stayed there and If it wasn't winter... I probably would have slept in my car and had a better time.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC Northeast - Laurel? Share your experiences!