“Very Convenient and Helpful Staff at a Good Price” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Washington DC Northeast - Laurel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3510 Old Annapolis Road, Laurel, MD 20724   |
Ranked #10 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Very Convenient and Helpful Staff at a Good Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here in July when I was in the DC area with my son. The motel was perfectly good for our needs - we were touring so we left early and came back late so we didn't have time to use the nice pool that they had. The woman at the front desk (Breidan) was friendly and made an extra effort to help us make sure that we knew about our phone calls etc. The location is great and it is not that far to get back in to DC. And the thing about DC is that there are all of these cool things that I was not expecting - the National Cryptologic Museum is at the next exit which would have been super cool to go to and we drove by the Godard Space Center every time we went in to DC. The area is convenient and when we left the DC area we were on the north side and out of DC which was just where we wanted to be.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tawas City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the worst vacation I have ever been on. We called the Motel 6 in Laurel because it was the cheapest of the many in the area, the employee's also informed me that there was a shuttle bus from the Airport to the motel and from the motel to the Greenbelt Station Metro. None of these statements were true, After calling several times to the Motel 6 desk we finally found out the clerk wasn't even from the area and had no idea if there was a shuttle of any kind. After an hour and a half of nothing happening it cost us $53 to hire a cab. The room was paid ahead of time so we were pretty much stuck there. 7 days of bad information, bus lines that are never on time, unsecure laundry rooms, pediatric sized toilets and we couldn't wait to leave. The only saving grace was room service, everyday she was there with fresh towels and ready to clean. The Motel 6 "Highly recommends" Order Inn for room service, takes an hour to deliver and its all over-cooked and cold, we ordered a Gyro that was overstuffed with lettuce and a Turkey club on white bread. The bread on the club was (no joke) left over French toast.
The Trip to Town: Being a low income section of town the employee's of the CMRT bus line who seem to be able to make their own schedule stopped caring a long time ago unless it had something to do with a new hairdo. Barring a neck injury or whiplash after making a couple of transfers you make it to the Metro where if you are lucky you find the half of the Metro employee's who are helpful. The Metro is this cities saving grace even under construction.
Inner City: Everything in D.C. is over by 7:30 pm so plan ahead (no one told us that) some things close a lot earlier like 3:30 3:45. Before you go there thinking of The Ivory tower like it was some 20 years ago, think instead of deforestation, scorching heat, inconsiderate Segway tour-guides, slowly declining trash retrieval, and thousands of humans who don't care about anything but themselves and you have "The National Mall". If you go ready to dodge Segway's, get sunburn from the lack of trees, get photos when lucky, run most of your day to beat closing times, and buy $3 20oz sodas every ten minutes you'll be ok.
The White House: What can I say but OMG. I now know why I hear so many stories about how often the President is on vacation. I would be embarrassed to live there. I understand large cities have pollution but this is horrible for the home of the our nations leader, the particular head of state is irrelevant, this is a lack of respect by us. I approached The White House after dark to get the photos of the lighting I wanted from the direction of "Freedom Park" where revelers danced to live music and it was nice...cross the street and I stumbled into the Pershing Monument where all of a sudden I feared for my safety.
When it works: When we were able to see a sight or visit a museum that didn't require someone unknown giving garbage facts, it was good. Most of the Smithsonian Institutes buildings you can tour at your own pace and have a decent time. But if you want to visit something like the Holocaust Museum you need to know ahead of time in 100 degree weather that the drink you just bought before you got in line to go inside is now going to waste once you get to the door because you can't bring it inside.

Room Tip: Find a hotel near the airport you want to get the services you need...2 miles from the airport the s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC Northeast - Laurel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Isaac L – We apologize for the incorrect information you received regarding transportation during your recent stay and for the unsatisfactory experience you encountered with the Order Inn service. Please consider contacting our guest relations department so we can have a record of your experience to serve you better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Winter Park, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I drive between my homes in Florida and New England once a year, and I decided to stay here because it is about 2/3 of the way to my home in Vermont and it was the only property in the area that wasn't going to charge me an arm and a leg for my cat. In fact, they didn't charge me anything. It's a typical Motel 6 - the rooms are small and spare but clean. And the staff is perfectly lovely. I would stay here again except there are too many sketchy characters loitering around the property and coming and going at all hours. Despite the time and effort involved, I unloaded and reloaded my car of anything remotely valuable. The domestic disturbance in the next room (complete with banging on the walls, yelling and door slamming) at 5:30am was a lovely bonus given that I am a light sleeper and insomniac and had a real problem getting back to sleep. Given that the clientele is nothing that the property management can do anything about, I will probably take a pass next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Newington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

First let me tell you there is no continental breakfast. Secondly wireless fidelity Is not free at any motel 6. on our first day the Laurel Police were arresting someone. They have a pool that goes to 5 feet deep. It is close to the Baltimore Washington expressway. There are literally tons of restauraunts near here. Our room was a little musty but that did not bother me. What did bother me was the hot water in the shower. The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Pick a room close to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Because it's a Motel 6, I don't expect much. Here are my chief complaints:

(1) The hotels in that area ALL charge extra for microwaves & refrigerators; I was completely shocked! Motel 6 charges $3 PER DAY.

(2) There is an extra charge for using their WIFI! I think that's around $3 PER DAY also.

(3) They have a "room service" menu; however, the prices are higher than the deficit! They have ONE coffee carafe in the lobby during the earlier morning hours. The coffee's pretty good. Luckily, it's right across the street from the grocery store & there's plenty of restaurants along the block.

(4) The staff is friendly but, make sure your given the proper rates AND ALL DISCOUNTS before you leave the lobby, heading anywhere! It'll save you a headache and budget crisis.

All in all, if Motel 6 had a guest rewards program, I'd probably stay there again. However, I have absolutely NO REASON to ever visit Laurel, MD again so... I'm off it!

• Stayed April 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Motel is located close to great dinning and interstates. Customer service is great!! The rates are cheaper than most in the area, but so is the quality of the rooms and the building! With that said you get what you pay for! Though I must say for $60 a night a pool was a added bonus to make up for the not so attractive room.

• Stayed August 2012
Great Exuma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

You have to take things into context. Motel 6 is not Fairmont, Sheraton, Holiday Inn, etc. They are a low price, barebones accommodation. But they are clean comfortable affordable and located quite conveniently.

This Motel 6 is no exception. As a place to sleep on the way to a destination, you can't beat it. I travelled with a "senior" so one night cost me ~$25! Firm bed, clean sheets, towel and shower. AC worked fine and got a good night is shut eye. Context is everything.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC Northeast - Laurel? Share your experiences!