“Not near I-95!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

You added Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7900 Braygreen Rd, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
New York, NY
“Not near I-95!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is a lovely, affordable Hampton Inn in Maryland. Our room had new carpeting a large HD TV, a huge bathroom. They have a pool, but with limited hours. A Very good value for I-95 in the Mid-Atlantic. Only two complaints:
1)They claim in the Hampton Guides to be just under a mile from i-95, that is a lie, it is more than 15 minutes from I-95, and hard to find on a side street, unusual for a Hampton Inn.
2)On the morning of 8/17, we were in the breakfast area by 6:45AM and there at various times until 9AM(I have 4 kids!)....the front desk person was asleep on a couch in the lobby in front of a TV until after 8AM...and the breakfast attendant was not even there until 8:30AM....the excellent and friendly attendants at Hamptons are usually wonderful, in this one instance...the person was not even awake!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

The owner had a party going on for his Nephew or Neices wedding - so the hotel was so noisy. the front desk lady's service was poor.
The Air Conditioner in Room 303 made so much noise that they made me change to room 305.
Overall - very bad - I would stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn next door - much better value for the price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Chose this hotel based of the reviews and its proximity to Ft Meade, was visiting Ft Meade for my daughter's graduation from Advanced Training for the Alaska Army National Guard. Checked in late after arriving to DCA on a flight from Anchorage, Alaska and was met by Janice the night manager. The first thing she did was ask me if I was a service member, when I said yes, she shook my hand and thanked me for my service. Janice set the tone for the next two days with her great attitude and warm smile.

The hotel is conveniently located off of MD295 only 15 minutes from the Ft Meade gate, there are several restaurants and shopping areas within five minutes of the property. The rooms are nicely appointed for the type hotel and the wireless internet was fast and reliable.

My wife and daughter-in-law were quite impressed with the breakfast assortment and the fact that they left out drinks and fruit for you to access at anytime day or night. If you don't have your own computer there are two terminals in the lobby for public access with a printer attached to print your boarding passes, etc.

I mentioned to Janice that I chose the hotel based off of the TA reviews and she had no idea that TA even existed, so if you visit this hotel make sure and remind them that you made your decision based off the great reviews on TA and I am sure the quality of service will only improve.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

I was so impressed when I checked in I had not found a corporate rate at this property when the clerk saw my corporate card she changed the rate which was lower. I could not have been more impressed.

The lobby was cozy and friendly which it is at many Hamptons this one just seemed more inviting.

The room was pleasant and very clean and comfortable.

Also nice is that there is an Ikea just down the road and I am a big fan of Ikea.

Interacted with staff a few times and found no negatives whatsoever and I am a picky traveler!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2008

Laurel, Baltimore. Hampton Inn. There is some sort of factory is right across the street. It is very loud. There was a high pitch loud sound near the light that was over the side door entry. They don’t recycle anywhere. When we arrived in the breakfast area, the TV’s on both side of room were on different channels and music was playing through the ceiling speakers, too. It was quite cacophonous! They used Styrofoam plates in breakfast area…how earth friendly are they? Breakfast was round flat rubbery eggs, fatty breakfast meats and muffins, fruit salad was bad, biscuits heavy and fatty.

There were very soft down pillows on the bed, but no other pillows were offered and these pillows are way too soft (You couldn’t sit up in bed to read using them!). The room was in good shape-clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable 9except those pillows!). I wish the room’s windows would have opened for fresh air, though. The bathroom was clean and in decent shape. Overall, the room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. There were a lot of channels on the TV! The work-out room was 2 treadmills and 2 bikes. No free weights or anything else. No work out mat or stretching/sit up area. The pool was closed for the season (this was Oct1) and we wanted to swim! (It was about 78 degrees!)

Stayed October 2008
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

I usually enjoy staying at Hampton Inns whenever I travel and have been to several properties around the country, but this one is exceptional. They just installed the new Hampton Inn mattresses and boy are they sweet. The best nights sleep I have had in several years.
To top it off there was an awesome breakfast of hot fresh food in the morning, with fresh cut fruit.
Add in the freindly helpful staff and it makes me want to move here permanently.
Great Location too!!!

• Liked — The bed was soooooooooo comfortable
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

After reading previous reviews I was a little nervous about staying at this Hampton Inn however overall it wasn't a bad experience. The facilities were fine, although I was unable to find the little "store" that most Hampton Inn's have and the evening staff and morning desk clerk were extremely polite and customer service oriented. Our refrigerator wasn't working and by the time we came back from grabbing some take out it had been fixed. Breakfast was decent and the hotel is located right in the middle of a large variety of eating and shopping establishments including a much needed car wash. I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money to stay at the Fairfield across the street. Only complaint is company wide -- I don't understand why sharing a points card as a family isn't allowed rather than my husband and I having separate ones because we travel with our daughter separately for a sports activity only occasionally, we are almost always together.

Been to Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)? Share your experiences!