“Aging Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

You added Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7900 Braygreen Rd, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
“Aging Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The bathroom was falling apart. Holes in the walls were a concern. This is a stupid requirement that my review must have 200 characters. I want people to realize that Hampton Inns are going down hill. My recent experience in many Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inns cause me to plan for all future trips avoiding Hampton INNs and going to Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on line. As you noted, the hotel has aged, however, this is why we are currently renovating the property. We are currently in the stage of bathroom renovations and unfortunately, you must have stayed in a room that had not yet been completed. The new bathrooms are very pretty and modern. Please do not give up on the brand or our hotel as we are working very hard to make these improvements for our guests. If there is anything I can do for you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Stacey Schuhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
long beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Under renovation but did not effect our stay. From what has been completed, one can see that the hotel will be beautiful and comfortable. A bit off the interstate but still presented a good stop over on our trip north.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello Paul,

We truly appreciate your review as well as staying with us during our renovations. We are making great strides to make these improvements with little impact on our guests' comfort. Please stay with us again the next time you are passing through to see how our renovation looks once it is complete!

Tulare, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The tv remotes needed batteries and they brought in a refrigerator after I asked for one, other than that the room was clean and comfortable. my request for extra pillows was met without hesitation. The fitness room needed a TV.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Hello Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. I am very pleased to know our team was able to meet all your needs without hesitation. We hope we will be your hotel of choice next time you are traveling through our area!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was here last year two times. After the second time this past December I was hesitant. I am in the area for work and like my Hilton Honors points so I gave it another try. I was very surprised to see the improvements. A new lobby that was very open. The staff friendlier than I remember even though it seemed like the same people. I am happy I came back and will be there again in the next few months. Even the breakfast seemed better. Whatever has changed has won my business back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hello Peter,

It is always a pleasure to read about a guest who has returned to an even better experience than the first. Our Team is working extremely hard to bring our customer service and quality level up to meet our guests' expectations.

We all thank you and hope to see you again very soon!

Bristow, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times and it has always been clean and the staff has been friendly. With the renovations that are in progress I think this hotel is really going to be great. My only complaint is that the hallway temperature is always very warm, especially in the winter, and I find myself turning on the AC to get to a comfortable sleeping temperature. Over all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello James,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am happy to hear we are a regular stop for you while you are in the area. On your next visit we hope you will get to see the hotel with the renovations complete! We are looking into the temperature of the halls to see if there is anything we can do to make it more comfortable for our guests. I do appreciate you bringing that to our attention. See you next time!

Raleigh, NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I love the location and peacefulness of this hotel. Just off a main road it's tucked away and I consider it my secret getaway. It's next to a shopping center so if I need anything it's a short trip. My stay is always pleasant and I feel well rested and revived when I leave.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hello Tina,

I am so greatful you find our hotel to be your secret getaway and I hope you continue to stay with us and see the beautiful new look as we move closer to finishing our renovations. We are excited to see the new look! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel is decent, I just hope you don't run into Mercedes--she really doesn't like her job and anything asked of her is clearly above her pay grade. The continental breakfast is nice as well but since they are in the midst of construction, the options are limited in comparison to what they typically have (I've stayed at this hotel MANY of times). If you have an issue with smoke (like I do) please be sure to tell the front desk to put you on the non-smoking floor, not just in a non-smoking room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Nashira,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please be assured that each and every concern is being addressed. It is our focus to deliver the highest level of customer service to all of our guests. Your comfort is very important to us. I truly appreciate speaking with you over the telephone and look forward to your next visit!

Stacey Schuhardt

Been to Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)? Share your experiences!