“Great Service, Free wifi and breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7900 Braygreen Rd, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Laurel
Charleston, SC
“Great Service, Free wifi and breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I always stay at Hampton Inns because I always know exactly what I am going to get! My husband and I travel to Laurel regularly for business and this is the 2nd time we have stayed at this Hampton Inn. The first time I forgot my Kindle in the nightstand when we left. When I called they located it right away and shipped it to me. I told them to charge me whatever it took to ship, but I was never charged.

The 2nd trip I had to call to change my reservation due to a cancelled flight and when we left a day early too they accommodated that as well. Up on check in the nice gentleman at the desk gave us a list of places to eat in the area and suggest a couple of his favorites. We enjoyed the Silver Diner he suggested. I have dealt with 3 different people at the front desk and the attendant who does breakfast, and they were all very helpful and friendly.

The only draw back of this hotel is that it is a little tucked away if you are trying to locate it for the first time or traveling alone, but there is a sign on the main road and with GPS it is no problem. There are plenty of places to eat very close too.

We will continue to stay at this Hampton Inn when we travel to Laurel.

Room Tip: Not by the elevator. The suite we had right off the elevator was a little noisey when it was running...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Coming in and out off the main highway is a bit awkward, I missed it the first time. The rest of the experience was solid and nice even though it was over thanksgiving day.

The hotel, room, etc. was very clean. The morning eats were varied and nice. I especially liked the coffee and non-dairy creamer which I don't normally find.

It was a blessing to find I didn't have to set up my wireless hot spot since the hotel wireless worked well and was easy to access.

It was also nice to find down the street two different grocery stores which we use. It was also a wonderful surprise to find the room had a fridge.

I didn't quite understand why the room and the hallway were hot. It took me a while to make the room cool and reasonable for my taste.

The pool is outside so was closed for the season. I was looking forward to inside pool use. It looks like a nice pool area outside.

The hotel got a bus load of young adult men who made some racket and knocked on the wrong hotel room which left me impressed by how well the noise was kept down by the walls.

The only real irritation was with the shower curtain of all things. Looks like someone pull the rod downward so the shower curtain which was bowed out from the tub with slide inward.

Overall, I loved it except wish the price had been a tad lower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
brampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our team of 15-16 year old boys travelled to a showcase tournamen t this weekend and we had a very enjoyable stay at the Hampton. The rooms were very clean, the hot breakfast was good and the hotel was quiet and nearby Baltimore and or Washington. The only downside was trying to find the hotel as the road entrance was poor and we had a difficult time locating the hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room with a fridge
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel located off the street so not noisy, pass the Fairfield Inn on the corner. It is hard to make a left turn onto North bound Rt-1/Baltimore Ave. To go N-bound during rush hour, recommend turning right onto S-bound, then right into the shopping plaza before the light (Contee Rd), and then come out on the other side of the shopping plaza (Contee Rd with street lights).

Nearby grocery stores and restaurants.

I was in a 1 King Bed standard room. The room has a coffee maker but no refrigerator nor microwave. The room is clean with comfortable bed.

Breakfast includes hot food (French bread, sausage, and egg), hot boil egg, muffin, pastry, cereal, bagel, self-made waffle, coffee, milk, and juice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This is a bargain for someplace between BWI and the beltway but be sure your biz or govt will cover the per diem if you will be working at APL. Even though APL is in Laurel, it has a different per diem region.The service is superb and the cookies don't run out. They really try to keep your business in every way. The rooms could be updated but it is not a show stopper.

• Stayed August 2012
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn during the blackout of the weekend of June 30 and couldn't have been more impressed with the service I received. When I checked in on June 30 due to a power outage at my home, the hotel only had about 25 rooms with power available and they quickly accommodated me in one of those rooms. Lisa made the check-in process go smoothly and I was thrilled to get in to my air-conditioned room. Throughout my stay, Lisa, Gemini, Eric and especially the Manager, Tammy McDermott, made me feel right at home, and very comfortable. They were working around the clock under extreme conditions (no a/c in the lobby area, outdoor temps over 100 degrees) with smiles on their faces, and happy greetings for the guests. I was also very impressed with my room, very clean, nice amenities and great bedding.
I would recommend the Hampton Inn in Laurel to anyone who wants a comfortable, affordable, clean and friendly hotel stay. Thanks again to all of the staff who made a bad situation very bearable for myself and the other guests!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a clean hotel in an OK(not great) area. The staff is helpful and nice.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)? Share your experiences!