“Best value close to the beltway but not per diem for JHU APL .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7900 Braygreen Rd, Laurel, MD 20708   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Laurel
Washington DC
“Best value close to the beltway but not per diem for JHU APL .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This is a bargain for someplace between BWI and the beltway but be sure your biz or govt will cover the per diem if you will be working at APL. Even though APL is in Laurel, it has a different per diem region.The service is superb and the cookies don't run out. They really try to keep your business in every way. The rooms could be updated but it is not a show stopper.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn during the blackout of the weekend of June 30 and couldn't have been more impressed with the service I received. When I checked in on June 30 due to a power outage at my home, the hotel only had about 25 rooms with power available and they quickly accommodated me in one of those rooms. Lisa made the check-in process go smoothly and I was thrilled to get in to my air-conditioned room. Throughout my stay, Lisa, Gemini, Eric and especially the Manager, Tammy McDermott, made me feel right at home, and very comfortable. They were working around the clock under extreme conditions (no a/c in the lobby area, outdoor temps over 100 degrees) with smiles on their faces, and happy greetings for the guests. I was also very impressed with my room, very clean, nice amenities and great bedding.
I would recommend the Hampton Inn in Laurel to anyone who wants a comfortable, affordable, clean and friendly hotel stay. Thanks again to all of the staff who made a bad situation very bearable for myself and the other guests!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

This is a clean hotel in an OK(not great) area. The staff is helpful and nice.

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Although it's kind if tucked away from the main road, I found the staff and room to be excellent. Upon check-in, I had a room with an very poor view; asked to change it and it was done so immediately. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. I would definitely staty there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Houston, TEXAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The room is clean and no smells. Bathroom is well stocked and the towels are soft.
Breakfast was very impressive as far as continental breakfasts go.
Thank u for the wifi and free printing downstairs.

• Stayed May 2011
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for a meeting at the Applied Physics lab- the lab itself is off the beaten track, but the Hampton Inn is on a main street near shopping and food. The hotel is just what you'd expect from Hampton Inn, but I'm writing in for the staff. My admins had made the reservation on a wrong day, and the general manager sweetly refunded my no- show fee. Thanks to Tammy for fixing our goof!

• Stayed January 2012
Cadiz, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way traveling back home for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed our stay. Initially, my wife and I were quite worried as when we checked into the hotel around 10pm, there were about 25 Young Teens in the lobby being educated by their youth group leader on proper conduct while in a hotel. From the start my wife and I shrugged and thought we wouldn't be sleeping much at night as to be expected when 25 teenage boys spend their first night in a hotel away from mom and dad. The management must have done an outstanding job at keeping this group in a separate area of the hotel because my wife and I slept so well.

This is an older generation Hampton Inn and was located rather far from the highway (I'd say about 10 minutes or so), but is in a safe part of town with plenty of access to local eateries like Applebees, Famous Dave's BBQ, Longhorn, Starbucks, and Coldstone Ice Cream. There were also a number of gas stations close to the hotel for a quick fill up before hitting the road in the morning.

The room itself had a number of updates, as noted by other reviewers, like to the television, lighting, and A/C. The room was well cleaned and our Hilton "Welcome gift" (HH Diamond) was left in the room. The staff was all exceptionally nice and the housekeeping staff waited until the late morning (around 1100PM) to start cleaning the rooms as to allow peace and quiet for the other sleeping guests.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical Hampton Inn fare; but my wife and I were pleased to see that it was VERY well stocked even though breakfast was scheduled to end in a mere 30 minutes. So many hotels don't fill up their breakfast area before closing time; but this hotel was different. The hotel offered Bacon, Eggs, Waffles, a variety of juices/milk, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit (which they were out of). Check out was smooth and there was ample parking for all of the guests in the hotel. The rate was fair for the area...We paid $95+tax with our AAA discount. Overall, we'd be happy to stay again if we find ourselves in the area. It is also fair to note that there aren't a whole lot of Hilton properties easily off the interstate between Baltimore and D.C. when traveling Southbound.

Room Tip: Get a Room on the High floor to limit noise.