“Ruined our wedding night and charged us double!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Maryland
“Ruined our wedding night and charged us double!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

We used this hotel for our wedding night, and for the days leading up to our wedding. As the majority of our guests were coming from out of town and this hotel was the closest to our location, we recommended this hotel on our invitations.

We had paid double the cost of a regular room to get a special "honeymoon suite", of which we were told the hotel only had one in the entire hotel. We double checked this many times in the weeks coming up to the wedding, including the day of. When we showed up, I was still in my wedding gown, we were told that there was no reservation for us, but we would be put in the same room we would have been given. Right then we thought this was very strange, seeing as how before we decided to use this hotel for our wedding night, we were told there was only one "honeymoon suite."

So we go to the room, and as we're looking around we notice there is no bed. Yes, they put us in a hospitality suite the night of our wedding, with only a fold up bed in the closet.

When we went downstairs to complain (especially since they were charging us twice the cost of a normal room), they told us they could put us in a regular room.

The next morning we spoke with who we were told was the manager (who I found out later was the Assistant General Manager), and we explained that not only had we directed many of our guests to use their hotel, but we ourselves had purchased several rooms. At the end of a very long conversation, the manager finally agreed that in return for ruining our wedding night, he would refund the money for the 4 rooms we had paid for.

To our shock and surprise, we discovered that when we went to use our credit card during our Honeymoon, we were told we were over our limit (which was a $200 charge). Turns out the hotel charged us over $1000.

We've been contacting the hotel (the Assistant Manager, CHRIS DOBI will not return our calls) and the regional office (which says they need to speak with him) for the last couple of months.

And we were not the only ones overcharged. To add to our horror, many of our guests were double charged for their rooms, and also have not been able to get their money back, or speak to the manager.

This was horrible. It was not worth the hassle. THEY RUINED OUR WEDDING NIGHT!!!!! Even if a mistake was made, there is no excuse for the poor customer service.

• Liked — The rooms were new
  • Disliked — The customer service and overcharging of billing was horrible. The front desk staff was rude, and the manager was never available.
  • Tips/Secrets — There are many nice hotels in the area where our guests were treated very well. USE THEM!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

As part of a group of 16, I stayed at the Radisson Largo for 2 nights. The hotel and location was certainly not our first choice, but due to limited options for the group size, it was selected on a trial basis. The hotel is located in a business area yet is convenient for travellers. The facilities within the hotel are excellent, including the rooms, however the customer service is something you may expect at a cheap roadside motel. Many members of our group commented on the lack of service provided by: front desk staff, the barman and the shuttle bus driver. The lack of service by the front desk staff bordered on downright rudeness, as staff would clearly ignore customers waiting at the front desk whilst they carried on with personal conversations. This form of "customer service" was experienced by almost all members of our group. The barman seemed more concerned talking with friends than serving customers and the shuttle bus service was unreliable to say the least. Our group consisted of world wide travellers with many years experience, and the customer service experienced at this hotel was rated as the lowest level. As a result of our experience, this hotel has been taken off the list for future stays.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Poor customer service
  • Tips/Secrets — Look elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Our family of 4 spent 5 nights here and we would highly recommend it! We got an awesome deal off hotels.com for $80 a night. The staff was terrific, the rooms were good size, clean, comfortable, there was an LCD panel tv that impressed the kids, and the area was right off rt. 95 in a nice business park with several restaurants very nearby. The room had a microwave and minifridge which helps a lot when traveling with hungry kids. We used their hourly free shuttle service to get to the metro about 1.5 miles away. It's about a 25 min. metro ride into the DC Mall area. The only drawback we had was trying to use the return shuttle service which was supposed to pick you up within 20 minutes and it took closer to 40minutes and 2 calls to the hotel. We took a taxi back the other 2 days at $11.00 a trip for 4 people. You can drive to the metro, but on weekdays the garage fills up early( 8am?) and the lot only allows for 7 hours of parking. Weekends have free parking and plenty of room. Also the "sleep number beds" for the full size beds only has one air chamber/control, so if 2 people sleep in it you tend to wake the other person when rolling over/moving. Larger beds have 2 air chambers/controls.

• Liked — price, quality, had indoor pool, microwave/fridge
  • Disliked — breakfast not included, a tiny bit far on metro to DC, but not bad, return shuttle service hassle
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warner Robins Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

I do believe your readers will find this hotel extremely comfortable and at a great location. It is in a very clean business section of town, convenient to the interstate, metro staion, restaurants & shopping. This was our first visit to the DC area and this hotel was booked as part of a package deal including accommodations, flight & rental car. We were pleasantly surprised to check in with no problems and given the room of our choice. The Sleep Number beds are dreamy and the furnishings are very nice. There is plenty of internet access in the rooms as well as in the lobby. We only ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was a delicious buffet. The parking lot was easy to enter & leave. I would recommend this Radisson Largo to your readers; we would surely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2005

This hotel is very nice, both inside and out. Despite the not-so-great reputation of Prince Georges County, staying at this hotel is very safe and quiet. (Apparently, any problems are mainly in residential areas. This is located in a corporate area.)

The staff were very friendly. (I was in a mad rush to check-out and one of the staff members sympathized and checked me out right away -- nice guy. (There were like 50 people waiting to check-in though, at 3 PM.))

The rooms are gorgeous, esp. the bathrooms. The Sleep Number beds were great -- I did get a very restful sleep.

I should say that I think that the hotel staff forgot my wake-up call -- but, I also had the clock-radio's alarm turned on, so it was not a big deal.

The breakfast buffet was great -- cooked very well, very friendly staff, etc. I never got a chance to eat lunch or dinner there -- the restaurant closes at 10 PM and I was out late for a conference which spanned multiple days.

I didn't get a chance to use the high speed Internet (because I was at the conference most of the time). But, there were two computers in the business center. (Though, they were hooked up to a printer which did not work -- this wasn't a major inconvenience for me though.)

There is a shuttle to the metro which you can reserve and it runs every 30 minutes from 6:30 AM - 10 PM daily. The metro - Largo Town Center - is less than 5 minutes away. There is a huge strip mall just around the corner from the metro. If you are returning to the hotel after 10 PM, there are usually cabs waiting outside (take the parking garage exit -- right near a large, globe structure). By the way, to D.C. proper, it is about 30 minutes by way of the metro service.

As far as getting to the Dulles airport, it took me about an hour by way of Super Shuttle. (I highly recommend it, by the way. It is a lot better than driving or having to take a combination of bus and rail to get to the hotel.)

All in all, it was a good experience. The other guests were mainly business people and/or families with children. Everyone there (guests and staff) were friendly.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

First, I will tell you that this hotel is located in a run down area of Prince George's County which just recorded its 136th murder this year! Second, they have a very unprofessional staff that works at this hotel. It took FOREVER to check me in even though I had an advance reservation and then when I was checking out of the hotel, they kept telling me that they had no record of me ordering breakfast in the morning so I finally left the hotel without getting a receipt because it was taking them too long to do it.

In addition to the above, they also do not have bell hops and when I asked if anyone could help me with my luggage they told me that I would have to wait a while even though there were 3 people behind the front desk that could have helped me and I was limping as I walked.

The restaurant there also had horrible food. They had high speed internet access BUT it turned out that there was a virus on their network that shut off my computer every time I connected to it.

Michelle

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2005

The hotel was very clean. However, we we reserved a room with a Sleep Number Bed and our room didn't have one. We could have moved to one the next day but was too much packing and unpacking involved. Our room phone actually had its line crossed with a neighboring room so we got an unwanted wake up call at 6 AM our first morning. This problem was not resolved during our 5 night stay. The pool was small and not heated so it was a bit chilly. No jacuzzi in the pool area. One of the 2 hotel elevators broke down while we were there and due to a power surge, we got stuck in an elevator for a short time on our last night. The hotel restaurant's food was subpar the one night we ate there. However, the CUSTOMER SERVICE we received from the hotel staff WAS FANTASTIC. We ran into some car troubles during our stay (it was towed away from the local mall) and they went the extra mile to satisfy us. If your going to take the metro, use their shuttle service. It's free and well worth it. Would probably stay there again on another trip to DC

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!