“Good hotel, close to Metro.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good hotel, close to Metro.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2005

This hotel is very nice, both inside and out. Despite the not-so-great reputation of Prince Georges County, staying at this hotel is very safe and quiet. (Apparently, any problems are mainly in residential areas. This is located in a corporate area.)

The staff were very friendly. (I was in a mad rush to check-out and one of the staff members sympathized and checked me out right away -- nice guy. (There were like 50 people waiting to check-in though, at 3 PM.))

The rooms are gorgeous, esp. the bathrooms. The Sleep Number beds were great -- I did get a very restful sleep.

I should say that I think that the hotel staff forgot my wake-up call -- but, I also had the clock-radio's alarm turned on, so it was not a big deal.

The breakfast buffet was great -- cooked very well, very friendly staff, etc. I never got a chance to eat lunch or dinner there -- the restaurant closes at 10 PM and I was out late for a conference which spanned multiple days.

I didn't get a chance to use the high speed Internet (because I was at the conference most of the time). But, there were two computers in the business center. (Though, they were hooked up to a printer which did not work -- this wasn't a major inconvenience for me though.)

There is a shuttle to the metro which you can reserve and it runs every 30 minutes from 6:30 AM - 10 PM daily. The metro - Largo Town Center - is less than 5 minutes away. There is a huge strip mall just around the corner from the metro. If you are returning to the hotel after 10 PM, there are usually cabs waiting outside (take the parking garage exit -- right near a large, globe structure). By the way, to D.C. proper, it is about 30 minutes by way of the metro service.

As far as getting to the Dulles airport, it took me about an hour by way of Super Shuttle. (I highly recommend it, by the way. It is a lot better than driving or having to take a combination of bus and rail to get to the hotel.)

All in all, it was a good experience. The other guests were mainly business people and/or families with children. Everyone there (guests and staff) were friendly.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

First, I will tell you that this hotel is located in a run down area of Prince George's County which just recorded its 136th murder this year! Second, they have a very unprofessional staff that works at this hotel. It took FOREVER to check me in even though I had an advance reservation and then when I was checking out of the hotel, they kept telling me that they had no record of me ordering breakfast in the morning so I finally left the hotel without getting a receipt because it was taking them too long to do it.

In addition to the above, they also do not have bell hops and when I asked if anyone could help me with my luggage they told me that I would have to wait a while even though there were 3 people behind the front desk that could have helped me and I was limping as I walked.

The restaurant there also had horrible food. They had high speed internet access BUT it turned out that there was a virus on their network that shut off my computer every time I connected to it.

Michelle

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2005

The hotel was very clean. However, we we reserved a room with a Sleep Number Bed and our room didn't have one. We could have moved to one the next day but was too much packing and unpacking involved. Our room phone actually had its line crossed with a neighboring room so we got an unwanted wake up call at 6 AM our first morning. This problem was not resolved during our 5 night stay. The pool was small and not heated so it was a bit chilly. No jacuzzi in the pool area. One of the 2 hotel elevators broke down while we were there and due to a power surge, we got stuck in an elevator for a short time on our last night. The hotel restaurant's food was subpar the one night we ate there. However, the CUSTOMER SERVICE we received from the hotel staff WAS FANTASTIC. We ran into some car troubles during our stay (it was towed away from the local mall) and they went the extra mile to satisfy us. If your going to take the metro, use their shuttle service. It's free and well worth it. Would probably stay there again on another trip to DC

Salisbury, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2005

I stayed here for 1 night and the rooms were equipped with "Sleep Number Beds by Select Comfort". Very comfortable once you found the right number. Check-in was quick, despite them not having my reservation. Could have been a nightmare. The major problem was getting dinner. They offer room service with a mandatory 15% surcharge. I did not want to pay it, so I decided to walk down to the restaurant, order my food and then walk it back to my room and avoid the ridiculous 15% charge. NO WAY!!! The unaccomodating staff told me that I would A.) either have to eat it in the restaurant and pay the waiter a tip or B.) get it delivered to my room and pay the 15%. I chose C.) Do neither and complain to 2 different managers. It worked! Don't let hotel scam you for unecessary charges. All-in-all, the room was excellent, clean and comfortable, but the staff were pretty unknowledgeable in most aspects.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2003

We stayed at the doubletree Club Largo last month and we were pleased with our 1 night at the Hotel. It is very close to FEDEX Field home of the Washington Redskins. We were going to the Springsteen concert and wanted to stay close to the Stadium. This is one of only a few hotels within 2 miles of the field. The Hotel was clean and it had a bagel/coffee shop in the main lobby area.

• Stayed August 2003

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!