“Had a great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Largo
Richmond, Virginia
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Hotel was clean and the staff was Great, the food and beverage was just right, the Shuttle was the best and the driver was the best as well and he took us to the train station and picked us up when we came in, they had a vender on all the floors with ice ,soda and snacks' I had a great time and my husband as well.

Room Tip: Room on the front is quite!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your experience.

We truly appreciate the feedback and promise to continue improving our product, personal service and attention to detail to make sure that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

On behalf of every one of our associates, may your holiday season be filled with laughter, harmony, special new friendships, wonderful little miracles and above all; Love...

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked a three night stay. Hotel is clean, staff super friendly and there is a free hotel Shuttle to the next Metro Station that takes you directly to DC. Free Wifi and (for people like us doing an East Coast Tour) a washing mashine. As our first room was smelling a bit, we promptly got a new room and for the inconvenience a free breakfast Voucher. Perfect! WE highly recommend the Hotel!!!'

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your stay experience.

On behalf of every one of our associates, may your holiday season be filled with laughter, special new friendships, wonderful little miracles and above all; Love...

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Largo, Maryland. Staritng the day of the DC Naval Yard shooting. Though the world around me was caotic, I had the best time. Three associates were especially helpful: Quiana Deanna and Rochelle. They were very polite, helpful and knowledgeable abount the area. The area has the worst traffic but they were able to help navigate around many areas with minimal delays.

Room Tip: requet the King bed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Quiana, Rochelle and Deanna were delighted to learn you recognized their personal service.

301-623-7127
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed one night on business and it turned out to be a fabulous experience! I cannot say enough about the friendly nature of the staff. Everyone was genuinely concerned that my stay was perfect. That was so refreshing! The room was perfect and the rooms were very quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for the taking the time to share your stay experience.

We truly appreciate the feedback and will use it to continue to improve our product, fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent two nights at the Radisson Hotel Largo while visiting Six Flags America and had a nice time. The staff was pleasant, the room and hotel were clean, and it is really convenient to Six Flags. There was a small pool with a lifeguard, and a bar, and a restaurant. All three places were pretty empty while we were there, but we enjoyed a pleasant swim, a drink, and breakfast by ourselves. Six Flags was really close by so we got there when it opened and were able to quickly get on all the big rides. – no lines at all!
We used a restaurant.com voucher and had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, The Basil Grille. Service was a bit slow, and the food was just okay, but the discount from restaurant.com made it worthwhile. Less than a half mile from the hotel there are several restaurants including Outback, Ruby Tuesday, and Jasper’s. A little farther up the road from these restaurants there is a shopping center with numerous restaurants and tons of shopping. One night we ate at Outback and it was good, as always. We ate at Jasper’s the second night and the food was really good. Entrees run from $10-$25+ and everyone was happy with what they got.
Overall, the trip was great! We got our tickets for Six Flags in advance on the Internet and saved some cash. The hotel was convenient to the park and everything else. I must say that although Six Flags is totally diverse, Largo is not, and we did turn a few heads walking around and eating at the local restaurants. Oh well.
Would I return? You bet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.

Everyone in our staff was delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have many choices on where to stay, and we look forward to earning the privilege of becoming your home away from home in Largo.

On behalf of every one of our team members; May you always dream believing that anything is possible, laugh at all those little inconveniences, have fun as if you never have to grow up, Sing in your morning shower, Care as you might be the light at the end of the tunnel, And love as if you will never get hurt. We look forward to your next visit.

Joseph & Staff
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Business travelers will be highly disappointed. On our trip, many of the hallway A/C units were down and the temp was unbearable. Main lobby was too warm. Had to move room once to one with working A/C. Daytime staff was good. Evening / night staff had major service / attitude problems. If you are looking for hotel in this area and rooms/service quality does not matter to you, then knock yourself out. However there appears to be better, similarly-priced alternatives nearby.

Room Tip: Holiday Inn Select is located next door and looks luch better.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you on your recent visit to Largo, Our most sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning in our hotel.

Unfortunately our main lobby/public areas units broke down and it took too long to make repairs. All units are now back at 100%.

There is no excuse for our night staff's response to your concerns. We take great pride in providing our guests with the highest level of professional service and hospitality, and regret that we failed you. Immediate action has been taken to ensure situations as you experienced do not happen again.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you, we hope that on your next visit to Largo you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with the cool accommodations and personal service you rightfully expect and deserve.

Joseph Galvan, CHA
joseph.galvan@radisson.com
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here to attend a function close by. Having never stayed at a Radisson before. I was checked in by a nice young man named Andre. He was having computer problems and voiced his displeasure at this quite loudly. I found this unprofessional and unsettling as the customer. I had booked a king room but was given a room with 2 doubles. I was told the king rooms were sold out. The lobby was nicely appointed and looked clean. The room was typical for this type of property but there was a stain on the chair. When I used the bathrooom I noticed there were no hand towels or washcloths in the room, only 2 bath towels. I called the desk and asked if they would send some. This was at 6:30. As I prepared for my event at 7:30, housekeeping had not yet arived with the towels. I called the desk again and was told housekeeping would be right up and they did come. The hotel was quite noisy I might add. When I went to get ice earlier in the eveining 2 of the employees were arguing quite loudly at the ice machine. The cable went out 2 times and I had some trouble connecting to the wifi but finally did. When I got ready to leave I noticed the door to my room would not lock, even with the deadbolt on. I tried and tried with no luck. I called the desk and they said they would send an engineer. This was a problem because I was ready to go out. I waited about 15 minutes and the engineer finally came. He tried and fiddled around with the lock did something with my keys and it worked. He told me to have my room keeps reprogrammed which I attempted to do on my way out but the desk was pretty busy and I was already running late. Upon my return at 1:30 am I stopped at the desk to have the keys reprogrammed. When I got to my room the keys did not work. My husband went back down to the desk and came back about 15 minutes later with an engineer. He let us in with the master key. Needless to say this whole door/key issue made me very uncomfortable. The bed was fairly comfortable, no problems there. We had the breakfast buffet which was average but overpriced considering most hotels include in the rate. I noticed a Holiday Inn Express next door and wondered if Ishould have stayed there instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Every one of our team members is deeply disappointed by our performance, and truly regret any inconvenience we have caused. This level of attention and service is not normal practice in our hotel,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience throughout your stay. I have addressed your comments with our leadership teams in each department, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit to Largo, you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Respectfully,

Joseph Galvan, CHA

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!