“Sub-par” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Largo
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Sub-par”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here to attend a function close by. Having never stayed at a Radisson before. I was checked in by a nice young man named Andre. He was having computer problems and voiced his displeasure at this quite loudly. I found this unprofessional and unsettling as the customer. I had booked a king room but was given a room with 2 doubles. I was told the king rooms were sold out. The lobby was nicely appointed and looked clean. The room was typical for this type of property but there was a stain on the chair. When I used the bathrooom I noticed there were no hand towels or washcloths in the room, only 2 bath towels. I called the desk and asked if they would send some. This was at 6:30. As I prepared for my event at 7:30, housekeeping had not yet arived with the towels. I called the desk again and was told housekeeping would be right up and they did come. The hotel was quite noisy I might add. When I went to get ice earlier in the eveining 2 of the employees were arguing quite loudly at the ice machine. The cable went out 2 times and I had some trouble connecting to the wifi but finally did. When I got ready to leave I noticed the door to my room would not lock, even with the deadbolt on. I tried and tried with no luck. I called the desk and they said they would send an engineer. This was a problem because I was ready to go out. I waited about 15 minutes and the engineer finally came. He tried and fiddled around with the lock did something with my keys and it worked. He told me to have my room keeps reprogrammed which I attempted to do on my way out but the desk was pretty busy and I was already running late. Upon my return at 1:30 am I stopped at the desk to have the keys reprogrammed. When I got to my room the keys did not work. My husband went back down to the desk and came back about 15 minutes later with an engineer. He let us in with the master key. Needless to say this whole door/key issue made me very uncomfortable. The bed was fairly comfortable, no problems there. We had the breakfast buffet which was average but overpriced considering most hotels include in the rate. I noticed a Holiday Inn Express next door and wondered if Ishould have stayed there instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Every one of our team members is deeply disappointed by our performance, and truly regret any inconvenience we have caused. This level of attention and service is not normal practice in our hotel,

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience throughout your stay. I have addressed your comments with our leadership teams in each department, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit to Largo, you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fleming Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I searched and searched and could not find any hotel that was affordable, with its own restaurant, gym and pool, without having to pay $5 TO $32 /DAY for Parking. So I called the Club Carlson 800 number, told the agent what I was looking for and where and Viola'!, there was everything I wanted here at the Radisson Hotel Largo. The building looks fairly new, the grounds are kept nicely, the interior and the foyer have that touch of elegance one likes to see.

The dining room is nice, not overly large, but you are surrounded by greenery and plants inside and out, with large windows to let the light in. They have banquets room that can seat 200 or serve 150 guests. There are frequent receptions and business meetings. Attractive decor and chairs/couches for lounging in the foyer and hallways to the banquet rooms are artful and plenty.

The breakfast buffet is delicious and consists of wonderful scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, french toast, do-it-yourself waffles, fruit medley, yogurt, breads and muffins, cold cereals and milk, coffee and a variety of teas. Oranges, apples and granola bars are available at the coffee bar in the foyer if you're in a hurry.

The menu has a nice variety to it, the prices are moderate (kinda) and the food is very tasty. I am in love with the 1//2 Roasted Chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes. They also have good pizzas (I ask for Alfredo sauce vs tomato sauce on my pepperoni & sausage pizza...WOW!), salads, steaks and crab cakes. If you want something different, just ask and they can probably accommodate you.

Sure, there are cheaper places nearby, and some better places, too....but if you want a good meal, with pleasant service and the convenience of eating in-house, you will enjoy!

There IS ethnic diversity, among the staff and the clientele. If that's an issue to you, move on. But I have enjoyed everyone I've talked to and met and you will, too.

Special mention: Mohamed, Deborah, Jasmine, Tashika (I hope I go that right, you are always so friendly to me when I come into the restaurant), the 'Breakfast Girls' who cook and serve, DeAnn, Michael, Andre' and Joy at the front desk (again I've missed one or two), Ali the lifeguard, the security guard (sorry I forgot your name) and the countless staff members in housekeeping and engineering who work so hard to make my stay nice. And Suelyne and her Wednesday evening receptions! All of you have made my stay exactly what I hoped for, expected and received. Thank you all!!!

Room Tip: I've only been in the one room, a corner room with a window facing west...It can get hot if you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.

Everyone in our staff was delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you have many choices on where to stay, and we look forward to earning the privilege of becoming your home away from home in Largo.

On behalf of every one of our team members our wish is that, you will always dream believing that anything is possible, Have fun as if you never have to grow up, Sing as if no one is listening, Care as you might be the light at the end of the tunnel, And love as if you will live forever, may success be with you; always.

Fort Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Radisson Largo with a group of students. There were several other educational tour groups there at the same time. We had a couple of rooms that there was only one lamp/light functioning. While conducting room checks, one of our female students came out in the hall upset. I went into the room and there was a condom wrapper under the bedskirt. This showed that the housekeeper had not properly done her job. The pool was closed at 5:00 on one of the days because the attendant had added extra chemicals. Poor decision since there were lots of kids there wanting to enjoy the pool. Instead they had to "entertain" themselves in the hallways and lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Our most sincere apologies for this unfortunate experience in our hotel. We are very proud to host many student groups throughout the year, and we take great pride in the quality of our our cleanliness to ensure their stay is a memorable and positive experience. Our housekeeping team was deeply disappointed to learn of the item found in the room.

Please know that upon learning of this incident during your stay, we immediately met with our entire housekeeping team to discuss your experience to review procedures and added additional best practices to ensure that situations as experienced do not happen again.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you better.

raleigh nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here for father's day weekend visiting my husband's family. The room was ok and the bed slept wonderful. (sleep number bed) However upon leaving we couldn't decide whether we wanted to eat the "continental breakfast" or get something on the road. We went and found the breakfast buffet. We decided to get to go containers. AFTER we get our food with all the hotel workers watching they tell us it would cost $34.95. Are u serious?? No body told us at reservation or even at checkout that it was not included in the rate . I have stayed at much better hotels and the breakfast has always been included!!! Not to mention this "buffet" was your usual eggs from a box.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast some where else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience in our restaurant.

Our most sincere apologies for any misunderstanding, and our oversight during your reservation booking in not mentioning there was no free breakfast with your room accommodations.

Although breakfast is not included with standard accommodations we do provide complimentary coffee and fresh apple in the lobby until 7:00 AM.

For future reservations we do have an excellent accommodations package that includes a full breakfast each morning.

Our in-house restaurant The Basil Court Grille offers a full inclusive breakfast buffet for only $11.95 per person. In addition we offer a complete breakfast menu with an excellent variety of breakfast favorites.

We truly appreciate your feedback, I have shared your experience with our staff in reservations and restaurant to ensure that we advise guests of breakfast options and costs upon their arrival.

We hope that on your next visit to the area, you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this location minimally 4 times in the last couple of months. The staff always goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Andre is always kind, professional and efficient. Rochelle's smile greeted me upon checkout. Housekeeping is courtesy and my room has always been spotless! Thank you for a service friendly experience. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the upper floors. The upper floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for. We are thrilled to be your home away from home.

Thank you for your kind words on our staff and service, and for putting a big smile on Andre and Rochelle's faces.

On behalf of our entire staff, we wish you a special summer filled with laughter, wonderful new memories, success and above all; Love. We look forward to having you back wiht us real soon!

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Customer service here is good and they respond fast to complaints and requests. My only suggestion for the Radisson is in the area of providing a balanced cable tv experience for their customers. I noticed that unless a customer enjoys the pay per view on their cable tv facilities, there are no free movie stations like HBO or Showtime available. Management should address this situation. I also suggest that the hotel should provide a cheap functional safe in all rooms.

Room Tip: Customers should always ensure that the themostat in the room is functioning at an optimal level as...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback on our entertainment line up. I am happy to share with you that I am in the process of upgrading our current program. We hope to new line up by July 1st.

On behalf of our entire staff, we wish your summer and every tomorrow is filled with special little miracles, wonderful new friendships, laughter, success and above all; Love. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed our trip. Lots to do in the area. Very clean. Very good customer service. I really enjoyed the pool. I loved the room. Rooms are modern and in great condition. Price was amazing for what you got.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Melissa,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Thank you for putting a big smile on the faces of our associates when we shared your review of our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! May every morning welcomes you and your loved ones with special little miracles, adventure, laughter and above all; Love.

Radisson Hotel Largo

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!