“Beware of the breakfast buffet” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
raleigh nc
“Beware of the breakfast buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here for father's day weekend visiting my husband's family. The room was ok and the bed slept wonderful. (sleep number bed) However upon leaving we couldn't decide whether we wanted to eat the "continental breakfast" or get something on the road. We went and found the breakfast buffet. We decided to get to go containers. AFTER we get our food with all the hotel workers watching they tell us it would cost $34.95. Are u serious?? No body told us at reservation or even at checkout that it was not included in the rate . I have stayed at much better hotels and the breakfast has always been included!!! Not to mention this "buffet" was your usual eggs from a box.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast some where else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience in our restaurant.

Our most sincere apologies for any misunderstanding, and our oversight during your reservation booking in not mentioning there was no free breakfast with your room accommodations.

Although breakfast is not included with standard accommodations we do provide complimentary coffee and fresh apple in the lobby until 7:00 AM.

For future reservations we do have an excellent accommodations package that includes a full breakfast each morning.

Our in-house restaurant The Basil Court Grille offers a full inclusive breakfast buffet for only $11.95 per person. In addition we offer a complete breakfast menu with an excellent variety of breakfast favorites.

We truly appreciate your feedback, I have shared your experience with our staff in reservations and restaurant to ensure that we advise guests of breakfast options and costs upon their arrival.

We hope that on your next visit to the area, you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Respectfully,

Joseph Galvan, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Spring Valley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at this location minimally 4 times in the last couple of months. The staff always goes above and beyond to accommodate my needs. Andre is always kind, professional and efficient. Rochelle's smile greeted me upon checkout. Housekeeping is courtesy and my room has always been spotless! Thank you for a service friendly experience. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the upper floors. The upper floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for. We are thrilled to be your home away from home.

Thank you for your kind words on our staff and service, and for putting a big smile on Andre and Rochelle's faces.

On behalf of our entire staff, we wish you a special summer filled with laughter, wonderful new memories, success and above all; Love. We look forward to having you back wiht us real soon!

Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Customer service here is good and they respond fast to complaints and requests. My only suggestion for the Radisson is in the area of providing a balanced cable tv experience for their customers. I noticed that unless a customer enjoys the pay per view on their cable tv facilities, there are no free movie stations like HBO or Showtime available. Management should address this situation. I also suggest that the hotel should provide a cheap functional safe in all rooms.

Room Tip: Customers should always ensure that the themostat in the room is functioning at an optimal level as...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback on our entertainment line up. I am happy to share with you that I am in the process of upgrading our current program. We hope to new line up by July 1st.

On behalf of our entire staff, we wish your summer and every tomorrow is filled with special little miracles, wonderful new friendships, laughter, success and above all; Love. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We enjoyed our trip. Lots to do in the area. Very clean. Very good customer service. I really enjoyed the pool. I loved the room. Rooms are modern and in great condition. Price was amazing for what you got.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Melissa,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Thank you for putting a big smile on the faces of our associates when we shared your review of our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! May every morning welcomes you and your loved ones with special little miracles, adventure, laughter and above all; Love.

Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I don't have much experience with Radisson properties but I was pleasantly surprised during my recent stay at this hotel. The location is quiet but conveniently close to highway access, and approximately 15-20 minute drive into DC. The staff was very friendly and professional despite there being near capacity at the hotel the night I arrived. The service was excellent. I also ordered room service during one one night of my stay and the quality of the food was excellent. the room had modern amenities and decor, a comfortable bed, and flat screen TV. I would choose this hotel again on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your patronage. May each of your tomorrows welcomes you with special little miracles, wonderful new friendships, great health, success and above all; Love. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

301-623-7127
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The room was not very clean and the shower curtain was too small in the bathroom while it kept leaking water all over the floor. The restaurant didn't answer the phone for over an hour, we had to walk down and order. The noise at 3 am with the garbage trucks outside made it hard to have a peaceful nights sleep. Loud children in the hallway after 10 p.m.knocking on peoples doors and playing games. Management/front desk did nothing about it. Bed was very uncomfortable and needs to be replaced.

Observed front desk employee "Nikki" entering a guests room around 1 a.m.while on our way back from the ice machine. Her uniform was off and she was in regular clothes. Saw tall black man open the door for her and peek his head out to make sure the coast was clear? She told us she was the supervisor of the front desk when we checked in. Very unprofessional sleeping with the guests! Disappointed in the lack of enthuasim at the front desk as well. Tried contacting Suelyne the manager of the front desk but never got a return phone call. Last but not least, the bartender was grumpy and did not deliver a smile! Poor service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

We also apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please us at CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com. ~Dana
Global
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was quite surprised by how service focused this hotel was... I arrived in my room, and had water and chips with salsa waiting for me. There was also the business card of one of the staff. I found the person who delivered rooms service to be delightful.

And? It was not only me! I had two other colleagues in the hotel, who had the same experience.

A real treat...

Keep up the good work... and thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay with us, and for putting a BIG! smile on the faces of our staff this morning when we shared your review with all departments.

From every one of our team members, we wish your journey through this amazing wonder called life welcomes you every day; with special new friendships, curiosity, great health, success and above all, Love...

Joseph & Staff

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!