“My #1 place to stay around the DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Harrisburg, North Carolina
“My #1 place to stay around the DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

When I have to travel to Northern Virginia or Maryland for work I have to stay at this Radisson in Largo,MD. As an Club Carlson member I am treated like royalty and given all the perks for free. I love the warm cookies that they have at the front desk, which makes a great night snack. Thank you for the great stay every time. James Gardner Harrisburg,NC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Radisson Hotel Largo was a great spot for getting to our multi-gym location tournament! (There was a Holiday Inn Express next door, but I'm glad we chose the Radisson)
We had games in Oxen Hill, District Heights and Forestville. ( all about 12-20 mins away)

After hitting traffic and being very tired upon arrival that Friday evening, the check in was quick, easy and professional. Cookies, fresh fruit and even the forbidden chocolate candies were waiting as we arrived and checked in.
Note that complimentary fruit and coffee are always available in the lobby near the elevators.

The rooms were clean and neat. ( average in size)
The "sleep number " beds were small, one of the two didn't work, but we still had a great nights rest!

The Lobby was quaint with a few hall ways to venture; pool area, restaurant and banquet rooms...all off of the small lobby area.

The pool was nice, shaped a little differently than most hotel pools. The life guard on duty was very attentive and had a no nonsense type of attitude ( which was stern, but refreshingly nice to see for safety reasons)

The exercise room is actually nice, larger than many hotels with working machines- awesome!

Computer area ( in a little nook area) and free wifi.

The onsite restaurant was small but cozy with a bar area ( with TV)

No places within walking distance to eat or shop.
Note: 2-3 miles away is a large area for all to do... eat, shop, play ....Movie theater, Golden Corral -plus many, many more stores including grocery stores and anchor stores.

This weekend was a very busy one for the area due to a major AAU basketball tournament and major college track and field meet. ( which was in walking distance to this location- The indoor track facility).
The hotel staff was helpful, with some more personable than others ( staff)
Saye was great!

Breakfast was good and the hours were great( longer breakfast hours than most other hotels!). The breakfast food was good and selection was average, but filling.

Over all This Radisson - Largo was a great choice for our group.
The hotel was full - mainly of sport groups of young athletes to young adults athletes and even a sweet sixteen group, but it was always peaceful, and enjoyable. never a rush or crowed in the elevators or in the restaurant......you always felt "catered" to!!

First place goes tooooooo.....Radisson Hotel Largo! You bring home the "gold"!

*** Final thought ....there was one incident where the fire alarm was pulled...it was handled professionally and with in 10-15 mins all was clear and calm.....great job to the night staff.

Room Tip: Request a corner room( but not by the stairs)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Levittown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked the Radisson Hotel Largo for its convenient location to our client meetings in Prince George's County, MD. I was greeted warmly at the front desk after a long car ride from Pennsylvania by Nikki Dunston, who went above and beyond my perception of a hotel front desk employee to make my stay very comfortable. I don't normally write reviews but I had to say that she and the fabulous staff at the hotel made my stay exceptional. The hotel's restaurant served some fine food and drink, try the ribs. All in all, the only disappointment has been the Sleep Number Bed, but with a family and young children at home, it was still nice to have my own room and bed for a night, so it'll do. I highly recommend this hotel for its convenient location to Washington DC and Prince George's County, MD attractions and superior staff. Unless you're a Sleep Number fan and have experience with the bed, arrive early and give the bed at least 30 minutes to test it out and find your comfort level before going to sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is not the first time that I stayed and this was the very Best since I have been there several times, as of now the Team is Great and they take care of me and it is Great, I will be back soon.
I also I did enjoy the Breakfast and the Dinner, the pool was wonder full and the jym was there so I worked out for hours there.
I know that the Ballroom is getting a New update and it will be wonderful to have a fuction with all the new items.

Room Tip: 6th floor by the Front of the building!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Long Pond, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Booked online and there were no mention of extra charges for pets. Upon check in was notified about a refundable pet deposit. At check out found out that the pet deposit is only partially refundable. Even though there was no damage to the room, it cost $100 for our small dog to stay one night, more than it cost for 2 adults. In addition, the room was covered with pet fur when we got there. Our dog doesn't shed. Complained to management but they were unwilling to do anything for us. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at this hotel. We take your comments very seriously and we will use them for training and to improve our standards.
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked my room through Hotwire for a business trip, I thought how could I go wrong for that price for a 3.5 star hotel....then I read the reviews....and thought if worse comes to worse, I'll just get another room somewhere else. Luckily everything was fine, the staff was pleasant and helpful and there was security in the lot, so safety was not a concern. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the hotel was quiet.... except for a few mechanical issues, which I was able to take care of my self (tub spout and sink faucet were crooked and I had to rethread the light bulb housing [which I thought was really strange]). All things considered I was pleasantly surprised and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or eat in the restaurant, but could not get the ratings to turn off....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments.

We truly appreciate your patronage. We know you had a choice for your accommodations and are greatful you chose our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again real soon.

On behalf of every one of our team members, may yours and loved ones 2013 be full of wonderful new friendships, amazing little miracles, greath health, success and above all; Love.

Joseph & Staff
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Radisson to catch a Redskins game. I wasn't sure what to expect with the varied reviews here but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays and checking in was pain free. The front desk staff was very friendly.

We booked a room with 2 double Sleep Number beds which were very comfortable. The room was very clean and it had a microwave and fridge. We didn't really use any of the hotel's amenities as we were just here for a quick night. The only disappointing thing was that the continental breakfast wasn't included in the price so we ate elsewhere.

I thought the location was great. It was seconds off the interstate, easy to find, and took us maybe 15 minutes to get to the stadium. Just make sure you leave early. There was also some kind of town center nearby for shopping and food, which we enjoyed. Overall it was a great stay for a quick overnight trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Every one in our staff was very excited to read your nice comments, and made me promise that we would definetely offer your a complimentary breakfast for your next stay.:)

We know you had a lot of options for your accommodations, and we sincerely appreciate that you chose our hotel. As a token of our appreciation breakfast we would like to invite you to join us for complimentary breakfast every morning during your next stay.

On behalf of each of our team members, may yours and loved ones 2013 be filled with amazing little miracles, new friendships, greath health, success and above all; LOVE!

Joseph & Staff

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!