“Not as Scary as Described Previously” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Meriden, Connecticut
“Not as Scary as Described Previously”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked my room through Hotwire for a business trip, I thought how could I go wrong for that price for a 3.5 star hotel....then I read the reviews....and thought if worse comes to worse, I'll just get another room somewhere else. Luckily everything was fine, the staff was pleasant and helpful and there was security in the lot, so safety was not a concern. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the hotel was quiet.... except for a few mechanical issues, which I was able to take care of my self (tub spout and sink faucet were crooked and I had to rethread the light bulb housing [which I thought was really strange]). All things considered I was pleasantly surprised and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or eat in the restaurant, but could not get the ratings to turn off....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for taking the time to share your comments.

We truly appreciate your patronage. We know you had a choice for your accommodations and are greatful you chose our hotel. We look forward to having you with us again real soon.

On behalf of every one of our team members, may yours and loved ones 2013 be full of wonderful new friendships, amazing little miracles, greath health, success and above all; Love.

Joseph & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Radisson to catch a Redskins game. I wasn't sure what to expect with the varied reviews here but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays and checking in was pain free. The front desk staff was very friendly.

We booked a room with 2 double Sleep Number beds which were very comfortable. The room was very clean and it had a microwave and fridge. We didn't really use any of the hotel's amenities as we were just here for a quick night. The only disappointing thing was that the continental breakfast wasn't included in the price so we ate elsewhere.

I thought the location was great. It was seconds off the interstate, easy to find, and took us maybe 15 minutes to get to the stadium. Just make sure you leave early. There was also some kind of town center nearby for shopping and food, which we enjoyed. Overall it was a great stay for a quick overnight trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Every one in our staff was very excited to read your nice comments, and made me promise that we would definetely offer your a complimentary breakfast for your next stay.:)

We know you had a lot of options for your accommodations, and we sincerely appreciate that you chose our hotel. As a token of our appreciation breakfast we would like to invite you to join us for complimentary breakfast every morning during your next stay.

On behalf of each of our team members, may yours and loved ones 2013 be filled with amazing little miracles, new friendships, greath health, success and above all; LOVE!

Joseph & Staff
dc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a room for my parents in this hotel and they told me the next morning that the front desk reception had given them keys for a room that was already occupied. My parents approached the door and heard sounds from inside and returned to the front desk, who insisted there must have been some mistake. When it was determined that the room was in fact occupied, there was no apology to my parents, just another room key as if this was a fairly minor error. I will be careful about the Radisson chain in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your parents and for taking time to share your comments with us regarding their experience in our hotel.

Our most sincere apologies for the error made in sending your parents to an occupied room. There is no excuse for this oversight and our response to this unfortunate incident. This is not normal practice in our hotel and truly regret and apologize for any inconvenience caused by our actions.

As a token of our apology and not as an excuse for our actions, we would like to invite you back for a complimentary night's stay on their next visit to Largo. Please contact me directly at jgalvan@paramounthotelgroup.com or Suelyne Campbell our front desk manager at ssteward@paramounthotelgroup.com for reservation and details.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you better real soon.

Joseph Galvan, CHA
Enola, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel was not what I had expected. I read other reviews and saw some good and others not so good. I expected something "middle of the road". What I got was a hotel that had an elegant interior. The lobby, hallways, and the room were all decorated very well and were all clean. The staff greeted me each and everytime I entered the property. The beds in our room could be adjusted to the firmness you liked. I didn't use the pool but it appeared clean and had a lifeguard. I was very pleased with the hotel and the price I paid. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom had a slight sewer odor but it was only noticeable in the bathroom and not overpowering.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

good normal us radisson business hotel. good proximity to arena. good areas to have a work-out and relax. decent breakfast. service staff very helpful. good parking facilities. close driving distance to business district.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

i had some concerns after reading other reviews so I e-mailed corp office and received a call from the Radisson Largo manager. She said they steps had been taken to increase security and that I had nothing to worry about. She was correct. On arrival we saw the police in the area. This is a nice hotal in a nice area that was the target of thieves. The staff is wonderful and they go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We are Holiday Inn Express folks but reserved a room here for a family wedding. The rooms were current and very clean. The hotel staff and "engineer" were all very friendly and approachable. I was shocked to be above the Mason Dixon and to actually be met with a greeting as we walked into the lobby threshold of "Hi - Welcome to the Radisson!" Elevators are secure with access-only by the room key card and the beds are Sleep Number beds. Radisson will now be on our short list of Hotels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!