“occupied room assigned!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Largo
dc
“occupied room assigned!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I booked a room for my parents in this hotel and they told me the next morning that the front desk reception had given them keys for a room that was already occupied. My parents approached the door and heard sounds from inside and returned to the front desk, who insisted there must have been some mistake. When it was determined that the room was in fact occupied, there was no apology to my parents, just another room key as if this was a fairly minor error. I will be careful about the Radisson chain in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Joseph G, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Largo, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your parents and for taking time to share your comments with us regarding their experience in our hotel.

Our most sincere apologies for the error made in sending your parents to an occupied room. There is no excuse for this oversight and our response to this unfortunate incident. This is not normal practice in our hotel and truly regret and apologize for any inconvenience caused by our actions.

As a token of our apology and not as an excuse for our actions, we would like to invite you back for a complimentary night's stay on their next visit to Largo. Please contact me directly at jgalvan@paramounthotelgroup.com or Suelyne Campbell our front desk manager at ssteward@paramounthotelgroup.com for reservation and details.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you better real soon.

Joseph Galvan, CHA

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Enola, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel was not what I had expected. I read other reviews and saw some good and others not so good. I expected something "middle of the road". What I got was a hotel that had an elegant interior. The lobby, hallways, and the room were all decorated very well and were all clean. The staff greeted me each and everytime I entered the property. The beds in our room could be adjusted to the firmness you liked. I didn't use the pool but it appeared clean and had a lifeguard. I was very pleased with the hotel and the price I paid. The only complaint I have is that the bathroom had a slight sewer odor but it was only noticeable in the bathroom and not overpowering.

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

good normal us radisson business hotel. good proximity to arena. good areas to have a work-out and relax. decent breakfast. service staff very helpful. good parking facilities. close driving distance to business district.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

i had some concerns after reading other reviews so I e-mailed corp office and received a call from the Radisson Largo manager. She said they steps had been taken to increase security and that I had nothing to worry about. She was correct. On arrival we saw the police in the area. This is a nice hotal in a nice area that was the target of thieves. The staff is wonderful and they go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We are Holiday Inn Express folks but reserved a room here for a family wedding. The rooms were current and very clean. The hotel staff and "engineer" were all very friendly and approachable. I was shocked to be above the Mason Dixon and to actually be met with a greeting as we walked into the lobby threshold of "Hi - Welcome to the Radisson!" Elevators are secure with access-only by the room key card and the beds are Sleep Number beds. Radisson will now be on our short list of Hotels!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Used this hotel for a recent Redskins home game. Hotel is literally 10 min from the stadium, and they offered a shuttle to the game for $15/pp. Not bad. But we parked at the stadium anyway to get in on the tailgate action. Hotel is very nice. Beds slept great, except I booked a Sleep Number bed, and received a regular Simmons BeautyRest mattress. This fact didn't make or break my stay. We got a King sofabed, and it was more than enough room for 2 people. We didn't eat at the hotel, nor did we use the fitness center or pool. Arriving at about 9:30 on a Saturday night, the pool was packed with kids. Not my idea of getting a good swim in, but I'm sure the pool was lovely. Overall, it was a good stay, and we'll return to this hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the from of the hotel. It's better than facing the trees. Also, the higher...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Hotel on our recent trip to Washington. The reason we booked this hotel was the cheaper pricing and the proximity to the Largo Metro station. The hotel is located about 1.5 miles from the Metro station and a complimentary shuttle is offered, but it doesn't always run on the advertised 30-minutes schedule. We discovered this returning from DC at 2:20 PM. We called the hotel as directed and were told the next shuttle wasn't until 3:00, although it really should have been at 2:30. We ended up walking back instead.

All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. The shuttle drivers we had deserve special recognition. They took the time to get to know us, discussed our hometown and gave us some tips on the city. When we returned the first night, at 10:00, the driver even offered to take us by the store if we needed it.

The room was OK, but nothing special. One of our keycards didn't work to open the door and we had a little trouble getting the door to lock behind us on the first night. The room was arranged comfortably and the space was decent sized. The bed was uncomfortable, but I think that is because we were unsure how to use the Sleep Number beds. We ended up with one side of the bed rock hard and the other so soft that a ridge developed mid-bed, making it very difficult to go to sleep.

In the morning, we had breakfast in their restaurant. The food was OK, but it wasn't worth the $10 each price tag. For the most part, the food was reheated and tasted fairly bland. If you are headed into DC, you might do better to find a local restaurant for breakfast. If you are staying in the hotel area, however, I didn't notice any restaurants nearby, although we didn't venture much in that area so there might be more than we saw.

The biggest miss at this hotel, in my opinion, was the attention to details. Our bed was poorly made, with sheets not quite pulled tight. The breakfast pans were covered with saran wrap, even when people started arriving. There were no instructions on using the bed. That sort of thing.

The other issue we had was that it was difficult to get to the lobby without using the elevator. The stairs led you outside, then you had to walk around the building and back to the front door. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but with a hotel full of kids, the elevators were almost an impossible option.

All-in-all, I would stay at this hotel again, although if I could find a decent rate at another hotel, I wouldn't feel any particularly loyalty to this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!